Injury 2024 St.Kilda Injury information

Remove this Banner Ad

Do your own research mate before you proceed with the subjective drivel.

He was injured from rounds 5-8 with knee issues after a somewhat disruptive off season due to a shoulder reconstruction last year which is very significant in itself. He now has a PCL and has also had abdominal strains throughout the year.

And, fyi, think we can all agree these sort of injuries (PCL, abdominal strains, etc) would all significantly hamper an athletes physical performance, if not at the bare minimum the lack of continuity would impact form.

Anywho, here’s how he tracks against other KPFs at the same stage of his career before you sink the teeth in.

bc6182c67b3f52ef5702cdc6d1138d5f.jpg
I know those numbers. They are good. I haven’t bagged him once. My point is he’s had a disappointing year and is injury prone. I think we all thought he would be having a bigger impact at this stage of his career. It’s pretty basic. If he’s been injured, he shouldn’t have been playing. If you can’t see that, I can’t help you. I’ll say it again. He’s not above criticism. How was his first half on Sunday before his injury?

Drivel, nuffy. Try and reply without the personal crap.

I know those numbers. They are good. I haven’t bagged him once. My point is he’s had a disappointing year and is injury prone. I think we all thought he would be having a bigger impact at this stage of his career. It’s pretty basic. If he’s been injured, he shouldn’t have been playing. If you can’t see that, I can’t help you. I’ll say it again. He’s not above criticism. How was his first half on Sunday before his injury?

I think you're on the money that we all expected him to play better this year. But it may be the expectation to be a champion that's weighing him down and frustrating fans. We've been waiting for that since day one. No one has been as hyped up as Max King.

Someone like Tom Hawkins was not touted as a potential champion until probably in his 7th or 8th year.

Him being 23 feels like he's 28 because we've all been expecting him to go nuts and win Colemans etc. for so long.

He's shown before how good he can be and there is NO genuine reason to expect him not to improve as a footballer in coming years. So in reality I don't think its a disaster that he hasn't exploded yet because its just a ****ing hard gig being a key forward and he's still working on it.

Edit: Not suggesting he should be immune from criticism but the character stuff is over the top.

Exactly my arguement that the club and RTB play injured players exposing them to other injuries and poor form.

In any event I apologise to Max for comments on his efforts in last weeks game, but the fact that he is so injury prone and lacks the body to cope with the game highlights why he should be traded. He is never going to be any different he runs around like bambi, make the hard decision Saints and get something for him while you can.
Absolute dross but carry on

It would seem Cairnsman's relentless attacks on Max King were unfounded

Gee wiz.... didn't see that coming

Who will his next obsession be? Edge of my seat stuff

Firstly, you stated he “isn’t living up to our expectations” which basically says it’s a bigger issue than just being out of form this year (the stats debunk this, clearly, as he’s probably performed over expectations).

Secondly, you questioned how I would even know he’s been playing through injury this year. Once again, quite bewildering given he missed at least a few games through persistent knee issues amongst other reported injuries verified by the club during the year which he’s played through during games at periods.

Happy to have an objective conversation, clearly that seems a bit difficult, and you’d rather hang a player out to dry who’s played through a torn PCL and multiple shoulder reco’s for this club. It’s a tad average to say the least.

Firstly, you stated he “isn’t living up to our expectations” which basically says it’s a bigger issue than just being out of form this year (the stats debunk this, clearly, as he’s probably performed over expectations).

Secondly, you questioned how I would even know he’s been playing through injury this year. Once again, quite bewildering given he missed at least a few games through persistent knee issues amongst other reported injuries verified by the club during the year which he’s played through during games at periods.

Happy to have an objective conversation, clearly that seems a bit difficult, and you’d rather hang a player out to dry who’s played through a torn PCL and multiple shoulder reco’s for this club. It’s a tad average to say the least.
If you looked at the way he was tracking as a 21 year old you may have expected him to be in the top couple of forwards in the competition at this stage. I certainly did. He's clearly no where near that. And yes he's had injuries in the past 2 seasons. But he's also played plenty of footy.

Once again on the injury front. If he's playing, he's fit. If he's not fit he shouldn't be playing. It's a cop out and an easy excuse for his form.

Who's hanging him out to dry? Certainly not me. I hope he still becomes the best forward in the comp, but he's not Bambi.

Put Max in mothballs for 12 months and get his bloody body right..shoulders, legs, whatever, then bring him back in the middle of next season, then the rest is up to him.

If you looked at the way he was tracking as a 21 year old you may have expected him to be in the top couple of forwards in the competition at this stage. I certainly did. He's clearly no where near that. And yes he's had injuries in the past 2 seasons. But he's also played plenty of footy.

Once again on the injury front. If he's playing, he's fit. If he's not fit he shouldn't be playing. It's a cop out and an easy excuse for his form.

Who's hanging him out to dry? Certainly not me. I hope he still becomes the best forward in the comp, but he's not Bambi.

He scored 28 goals from 11 games last season, so once again, clearly tracking in the right direction. If you want to judge him off half a year, good for you.

Development isn’t linear, some of these points are so black and white, the reality is players will have injuries which may not necessarily meet the threshold for omission but have an impact on performance as well as lack of continuity when they’re coming back from substantial injuries. They’re not robots.

It’s a cop out or it’s just reality that these issues do have a genuine impact on performance?

IMO, you’re clearly hanging him out to dry, that’s clear as day. Hope your pursuit of accountability goes well lol.

He scored 28 goals from 11 games last season, so once again, clearly tracking in the right direction. If you want to judge him off half a year, good for you.

Development isn’t linear, some of these points are so black and white, the reality is players will have injuries which may not necessarily meet the threshold for omission but have an impact on performance as well as lack of continuity when they’re coming back from substantial injuries. They’re not robots.

It’s a cop out or it’s just reality that these issues do have a genuine impact on performance?

IMO, you’re clearly hanging him out to dry, that’s clear as day. Hope your pursuit of accountability goes well lol.
Last thing I'll say on it because I couldn't be bothered with the back and forward. Have a listen to, and a read of the current media landscape, and what most neutrals have been discussing. They might not all be that bright, but they see things without our rose coloured glasses. I personally think he's stagnated. I'm not on my own.

Once again, I hope he becomes the best forward in the comp. So if that's hanging him out to dry then guilty as charged your honour.

Once again on the injury front. If he's playing, he's fit. If he's not fit he shouldn't be playing. It's a cop out and an easy excuse for his form
You are cuckoo land if you think every AFL player who runs out each week are fit and ready in mind body & soul.

There would be a multitude of players taking the field each week who are struggling with some kind of injury/soreness or a mental drawback .... or let's just say not at peak fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back