News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Best part was him opening up the phone lines last night for people to call up with their trade suggestions.

My personal favourite was an Adelaide supporter suggesting Matt Crouch and Lachie Shool for him.
Heard that whilst driving home. Laughed so hard I almost ran off the road.

I’d want three 3️⃣ first rounders for king a first round compo for battle and 2️⃣ firsts for Roma.
So if we used our future first that would give us 8️⃣ firsts to use this year thus setting us up for certain success within 5️⃣ years.
I’d do it.

I’d want three first rounders for king a first round compo for battle and firsts for Roma.
So if we used our future first that would give us firsts to use this year thus setting us up for certain success within years.
I’d do it.
Why not, it's worked great for the Suns

I’d want three 3️⃣ first rounders for king a first round compo for battle and 2️⃣ firsts for Roma.
So if we used our future first that would give us 8️⃣ firsts to use this year thus setting us up for certain success within 5️⃣ years.
I’d do it.
You’re forgetting the two firsts we’re getting for Pou.

He’s a 23 year old KPF who has kicked 152 goals from 79 games at Saints, including 28 from 11 last season, 52 from 22 season before.

If we’re going to suggest that young KPFs switch clubs as soon as they reach a 5 game lean patch of form just because they play for St Kilda, we are giving ourselves no hope of success whatsoever.
Yep especially in a team averaging 71 points a game

I’d want three first rounders for king a first round compo for battle and firsts for Roma.
So if we used our future first that would give us firsts to use this year thus setting us up for certain success within years.
I’d do it.

Assuming this draft is any good and that trading away our two best big men, plus our second best defender, does not
make the team considerably less competitive medium term.

Battle and King are 25 and 23 respectively and will be moving into their prime soon. Huge losses that must leave the team vulnerable for a long time.

Not sure this strategy will keep us out of the bottom 3 for several years. Which puts the club into a spiral down near the bottom. It’s where North are now and where Gold Coast have been for ages.

Improvement is not always built on the foundation of trading-out your best players.

Assuming this draft is any good and that trading away our two best big men, plus our second best defender, does not
make the team considerably less competitive medium term.

Battle and King are 25 and 23 respectively and will be moving into their prime soon. Huge losses that must leave the team vulnerable for a long time.

Not sure this strategy will keep us out of the bottom 3 for several years. Which puts the club into a spiral down near the bottom. It’s where North are now and where Gold Coast have been for ages.

Improvement is not always built on the foundation of trading-out your best players.

If we bottom out from here we are on the wrong track and need to remove every decision maker at the club. It will mean that we have changed strategy before seeing a plan through again. One of the biggest issues we have had is our inability to stick with the path that we are on.

Every time you change tack you set yourself backwards. Bottoming out is usually a 10 year cycle. Doubt we are still a viable club if we reset back that far.

If we bottom out from here we are on the wrong track and need to remove every decision maker at the club. It will mean that we have changed strategy before seeing a plan through again. One of the biggest issues we have had is our inability to stick with the path that we are on.

Every time you change tack you set yourself backwards. Bottoming out is usually a 10 year cycle. Doubt we are still a viable club if we reset back that far.
I don’t think it’s intentional, we’re just arse this year. We do have 20 players OOC which I feel is purposefully set up so the coaches can get a look at everyone and determine the direction of our list

You don't trade good players for the hope you get more quality in the door which would take years to develop, if ever. You build around them to allow them to flourish.

Currently we're shite and battered as a supporter group but stick with the process and ignore the noise from numpties like Kornes, that's how we eventually win.

Diamond hands 🫱💎

You don't trade good players for the hope you get more quality in the door which would take years to develop, if ever. You build around them to allow them to flourish.

Currently we're shite and battered as a supporter group but stick with the process and ignore the noise from numpties like Kornes, that's how we eventually win.

Diamond hands 🫱💎

Yep, deliberate and disciplined gets you much further than our ADHD list build has. Need to plan and execute it in a systematic and focussed way.

It's hard to swallow but realistically a short sharp clean up will be better than a start again rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really are completely missing the point. He's not arguing St Kilda should trade him because he is not doing well. He is not arguing that St Kilda should trade him at all.

He is arguing that Max should leave because playing for StKilda is holding him back and it is unlikely to get better.
No I get the point. But we’re not wasting Max

I'm not arguing Cornes is correct. But if you take an outsiders perspective, he can certainly make a case. Max has played 80 games of a possible 130, that would seem to support Cornes argument he is getting battered having balls dropped on his head every game. He is going at under 2 goals a game which would support his view that he is behind players he should not be behind. He is getting woeful delivery in a team that is scoring about 8 - 10 goals a game on average. He is in a team that looks to be one of the worst lists in the AFL with no real light on the horizon.

I can see how outsiders might look at that. I can see how Max might look at it.

His brother has played 85 games.
And debuted in 2019
Max in 2020

Again we come back to the ongoing impact our appalling drafting is having. Saints "bottomed out" 2012 - 2019. We should have built a list in that period but despite many picks inside top 10 we failed to find a single A grade player. We have missed a whole cycle.

Just watching First Bumcrack. Dixon coming across as nothing short of a complete knob as usual.
Yep. Dixon is the first tw@t on First Crack. Kingy had a few really good insights into St Kilda and our problems this year, expressed them well, ad tried to end that segment with some positivity...

...but our old Goalkicking Whisperer Dicko couldn't have that, so he rinses some of that respect off with a primary school-level question: "whojareckon is closer to a flag, West Coast Saints or my old team the fantastic Hawks?" both co-hosts saw him coming but he wouldn't let it go until someone said "Hawks", to which he smugly replied "yeah Destination Club" like some 12year old.

Pathetic.

Check him out with his notes scawled on A4 paper in thick red texta, the other blokes have laptops, he's struggling to avoid writing his notes on the back of his hand. He's no expert or analyst, he's an Entry-level fool that should be listening and learning.

Trouble being is King is no where near the quality of the players named - to suggest he will reach their levels is pie in the sky stuff IMO.
At the same stage of his career Tom Hawkins had 107 goals. (79 games)
Max has 152 (79 games).
Hawkins was also playing in a dominant team.
Max is tracking alright.
Next year is the year Hawkins scored 62 goals at the same stage.

At the same stage of his career Tom Hawkins had 107 goals. (79 games)
Max has 152 (79 games).
Hawkins was also playing in a dominant team.
Max is tracking alright.
Next year is the year Hawkins scored 62 goals at the same stage.

Hawkins was second fiddle to Moooneeee

Yep. Dixon is the first tw@t on First Crack. Kingy had a few really good insights into St Kilda and our problems this year, expressed them well, ad tried to end that segment with some positivity...

...but our old Goalkicking Whisperer Dicko couldn't have that, so he rinses some of that respect off with a primary school-level question: "whojareckon is closer to a flag, West Coast Saints or my old team the fantastic Hawks?" both co-hosts saw him coming but he wouldn't let it go until someone said "Hawks", to which he smugly replied "yeah Destination Club" like some 12year old.

Pathetic.

Check him out with his notes scawled on A4 paper in thick red texta, the other blokes have laptops, he's struggling to avoid writing his notes on the back of his hand. He's no expert or analyst, he's an Entry-level fool that should be listening and learning.
Took the kids to Gumbaya world earlier this year. Was in the lineup for the dodgem cars with my 5 year old son when I spotted Dixon ahead of us in the line.
I assumed he was there with his own kids, however when we piled into the cars, I noticed he was on his own.
The sight of Ben Dixon, a fully grown man riding solo in a dodgem car bumping into small children is now burned into my mind forever.
To me that tells you everything you need to know about the intelligence level we're dealing with here.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back