News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some kids need to be a taught a lesson

Dodgem cars is a sound method

If some kid knocks an ice cream from my kids hand ... accidental or not .... or cuts in a line .... I will stalk them to the Dodgem Cars ... as long as it takes
Ben, can you tell Joey to stop shouting when he's on First Crack? Remind him that he has a microphone.

By the way, you sucked as a goalkicking coach.

Held by every supporter with a hero complex.
You're my hero,
I support you xo
titanic kate winslet GIF

Did anyone catch this from Lyon about the players only being at the club 16 hours a week? https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/06...-ross-lyons-16-hours-a-week-recruiting-pitch/

Am I out of touch here or is Kane spot on for once, that seems insane for a professional athlete. I'm all for work life balance and focussed sessions but surely the top teams would be putting in more time than that?
It’s afl wide. That’s what the afl PA negotiated. There is zero chance that that’s all the players are doing. Don’t stress, kanes a tool

Did anyone catch this from Lyon about the players only being at the club 16 hours a week? https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/06...-ross-lyons-16-hours-a-week-recruiting-pitch/

Am I out of touch here or is Kane spot on for once, that seems insane for a professional athlete. I'm all for work life balance and focussed sessions but surely the top teams would be putting in more time than that?
Ross spoke about this some time ago. I can’t remember the numbers quoted but he mentioned he’d like more contact hours but I don’t think they’re allowed due to CBA?

You'd hope so but imagine if its just one of those things no one talks about then you realise we're super lazy.

I guess players we trade in would notice/bring it up.

I think we used to have less time off under Ratts to be honest.

But like a lot of things I think its quality over quantity.

Hopefully they have the balance right.

It’s afl wide. That’s what the afl PA negotiated. There is zero chance that that’s all the players are doing. Don’t stress, kanes a tool

CBA wise;

Standard day off between Mon-Fri 7.1.
Standard half day off between Mon-Fri 7.2.

AFLW wise, they do have a commitment of 20 hours in the CBA, but for AFL there is no such statement re time at club.

Far more likely is the "other" commitments written in as they hold other entitlements before you get into contract nuances. Kanes been out of the system for a while for example, so I doubt he knows what half the people in industry do these days.

We wouldn't be substantially more or less than other clubs.

On SEN they were suggesting it is. Geelong are at around 20 hours and considered one of the pioneers of work life balance for older players. If you believe the radio jerks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On SEN they were suggesting it is. Geelong are at around 20 hours and considered one of the pioneers of work life balance for older players. If you believe the radio jerks.
G Town can offer a farm.

We can't

Geelong include the time their players are working at Cotton On….😉

Dougal Howard on live, right now.

Liam Stocker 3AW 8/6:

As always he speaks so clearly and with greater depth to his answers than many of his peers:

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back