News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sicily is 29, they got no-one coming through?

They’ll play finals before us and probably win a flag while he’s playing. Doubt we win a flag in my lifetime. They average one every 7 years and are ahead of us on their list build IMO.

lol gringo, ive never seen anyone else have as many excuses for every other team bar the saints, than you.

seems no other team can do any wrong in your eyes, yest st kilda deserve to be crucified for things that havent even happened lol

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair I used to be a positive poster. Hawks might not be as good as us but the way they look to the public is as a club on the way up. Their game style is admirable and attractive. I like watching them. We are excruciating to watch and it feels like we are years off. Optics are everything and our optics are a stark contrast.

If you think our list is better you must be frustrated by Lyon’s coaching.

To be fair I used to be a positive poster. Hawks might not be as good as us but the way they look to the public is as a club on the way up. Their game style is admirable and attractive. I like watching them. We are excruciating to watch and it feels like we are years off. Optics are everything and our optics are a stark contrast.

If you think our list is better you must be frustrated by Lyon’s coaching.
i think we have a better ceiling. im not frustrated at all, i was frustrated by big losses.

my theory is that team defence wins premierships, thats finals footy. Lyon is building a defence first side because our midfield is way too thin and i think the club is doing everything in its power to rectify that.

i think we have a better ceiling. im not frustrated at all, i was frustrated by big losses.

my theory is that team defence wins premierships, thats finals footy. Lyon is building a defence first side because our midfield is way too thin and i think the club is doing everything in its power to rectify that.

This - but if we can’t get get a quality midfield via trades /drafting and replace our ageing quality we are stuffed. Lyon & the Pres need to keep pushing re Father Sons & Academy.

Despite some of the third estate chipping away we have our house in order - excellent facilities, good coaching & training standards, a solid core of quality young guys & good recent drafting. We now need an even playing field.

They’ll play finals before us and probably win a flag while he’s playing. Doubt we win a flag in my lifetime. They average one every 7 years and are ahead of us on their list build IMO.

Their average is the past and does not reflect on the future.
We should also make sure all our players understand how those stats work.

Doubt we win a flag in my lifetime.

isuCPbC.gif

I'm beginning to think this year might turn out to be a blessing in disguise - lose Battle but get two quality mids with Pick 4 & 5 (Smith, Draper or Moraes??) in the draft, then actually have a bit of luck next year with a more settled team and we'll forget about this year pretty quickly.

Injury depleted playing in Geelong. Hawks are a young list with not much depth. As soon as Ginnivan and Sicily were in doubt the odds dropped away significantly. Momentum is based on a feeling as much as results. They feel like they are on the way up like we did when Ratts got us into finals. We feel like we are in a hole with an uncertain future playing dull footy.

Just like the media making excuses selectively per side we at StKilda had injuries this year which effected us but no are not good enough , flip 2 or 3 of those close ones & we’re higher then the Hawks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apparently we are trying to dissolve the defence according to Stav. Howard and Battle out. Guys like Paton pushed out and Webster near the end. I think we are about to need to start building the defence again. Sincs and Wilkie probably have 3 years left.

If we don't play finals soon the defence will be unrecognisable the next time we do. Hopefully we can sign Nas to a 10 year contract. Ari has shown enough to suggest he probably makes it to at least a best 22 player. Van Es, Keeler in development. We might take Hammer out of the forward line and make him a permanent FB but then make a hole at the other end.

Hawks have Grainger-Barrass in development, Ethan Phillips, Blanc and Frost. Sicily, Jaith, Scrimshaw, Weddle, Hardwick, Impey, Serong etc down back. The defence is stacked. Getting Battle in they double their rebound power and have cover for when Siciliy retires in a couple of years.

The Hawks have drafted and traded very well and just need games into kids mostly. There aren't many holes in their list any more. I think they are a bit ahead of us in structure and if we go younger they should jump us and play finals for a few years as they continue building out their depth.

I'm beginning to think this year might turn out to be a blessing in disguise - lose Battle but get two quality mids with Pick 4 & 5 (Smith, Draper or Moraes??) in the draft, then actually have a bit of luck next year with a more settled team and we'll forget about this year pretty quickly.

Losing Battle looks a bad move to me. I reckon this draft will have a much higher than normal amount of busts in the front end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just like the media making excuses selectively per side we at StKilda had injuries this year which effected us but no are not good enough , flip 2 or 3 of those close ones & we’re higher then the Hawks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The perception fair or not is that they are on the way up with a young new coach a talented youthful list with energy.

We seem like a confusion of ideas and old fashioned boring footy. Fair or not that's how it looks from the outside.

I think we probably would have finished 7 to 13 if we had Crouch and Butler for most of the year but the list still looks a bit meh. Only Nas has lived up to hype and Wilson looks a step above most first year players. Ari probably the only other win.

Hawks have found a few who have really stepped up and add excitement and play brash attacking footy. It's easy to get caught up in their momentum.

It's just all a bit hard to tell. Along for the ride. A Hawthorn team in great form just got its backside handed to it down at the Cattery. A Cats team up until one match ago were looking bleak.

The old statement "never as good as you think you are and never as bad as you think you are" I think is holding true. A good performance for us changes perceptions like a click of the fingers.

Losing Battle looks a bad move to me. I reckon this draft will have a much higher than normal amount of busts in the front end.
Wouldn't surprise or bother me if we too Trainor assuming we have 2 top picks. Like you say, getting something in the late 1st range would be desirable and you'd assume they'll be looking to do just that.

Knowing my pessimism, we will probably pick 2 hbf and try and turn them into midfielders

Agree, and it's not just getting two quality mids. We have a team full of potential but also carrying way too much dead wood. Moving on the likes of Allison, Collard, Zones and Ross who are either not going to make it or have been able servants but will not be around for the flag is important so that we can draft in depth now. Gubby needs to be in the ear of all those depth players in the Northern teams and offer them a chance of a game rather than be third in line behind an army of first round draft picks that have been gifted.

Apparently we are trying to dissolve the defence according to Stav. Howard and Battle out. Guys like Paton pushed out and Webster near the end. I think we are about to need to start building the defence again. Sincs and Wilkie probably have 3 years left.

If we don't play finals soon the defence will be unrecognisable the next time we do. Hopefully we can sign Nas to a 10 year contract. Ari has shown enough to suggest he probably makes it to at least a best 22 player. Van Es, Keeler in development. We might take Hammer out of the forward line and make him a permanent FB but then make a hole at the other end.

Hawks have Grainger-Barrass in development, Ethan Phillips, Blanc and Frost. Sicily, Jaith, Scrimshaw, Weddle, Hardwick, Impey, Serong etc down back. The defence is stacked. Getting Battle in they double their rebound power and have cover for when Siciliy retires in a couple of years.

The Hawks have drafted and traded very well and just need games into kids mostly. There aren't many holes in their list any more. I think they are a bit ahead of us in structure and if we go younger they should jump us and play finals for a few years as they continue building out their depth.
Frost in Decelopment?!! A 30 year old. **** me. He’s older than Wilkie and Howard ffs.

Impey is 28 and Hardwick is 27. Our backline is actually younger than theirs and your pumping it up like it’s set for a decade

Frost in Decelopment?!! A 30 year old. **** me. He’s older than Wilkie and Howard ffs.

Impey is 28 and Hardwick is 27. Our backline is actually younger than theirs and your pumping it up like it’s set for a decade

I'm saying their backline is solid because people say the have a midfield and nothing else.

Josh Battle in the H/S with Jay Clark 8/7:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back