State of Origin 2024 State Of Origin | Vic Country Team Thread

Which Town/City should host the Vic Country Team in Series XIX?

• Boolite (Wimmera)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pimpinio (Wimmera)

• Rich Avon (Wimmera)

• Nertherby (Wimmera)

• Glenorchy (Wimmera)

• Rupanyup (Wimmera)

• Deakin Reserve, Shepparton (Gouldburn)

• Cobram (Gouldburn)

• Katamatite ( Gouldburn)

• Hexham (Great South Coast)

• Melville Oval, Hamilton (Great South Coast)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ideally we should pick say one from each region (bar Gippsland) and then put it to a vote. One gets chosen as the guaranteed lock (along with Fish Creek hence Gippsland region represented), and we either have the second one as a possible grand final venue, or we just lock in Fish Creek as that too. I believe that decision can be made in time, it will mostly be the additional home game that needs deciding.

Another ground that looks far better than you’d expect is Pimpinio Recreation Reserve just outside of Horsham. I’ve only driven past it but looks a good deck too and in croweater 41 cohntey.

Another ground that looks far better than you’d expect is Pimpinio Recreation Reserve just outside of Horsham. I’ve only driven past it but looks a good deck too and in croweater 41 cohntey.
I got drunk in their sponsors box as a 15 year old as my cousin was a sponsor. The trip home was a long one.

It’s not a bad ground bit if a cow paddock though.

I got drunk in their sponsors box as a 15 year old as my cousin was a sponsor. The trip home was a long one.

It’s not a bad ground bit if a cow paddock though.
I've been to a few games at Rupanyip on the Wimmera Hway between Horsham and ST Arnaud, home of my wifes family. A stones throw away from the painted silos with a great bar.

1101_4094.jpg

I've been to a few games at Rupanyip on the Wimmera Hway between Horsham and ST Arnaud, home of my wifes family. A stones throw away from the painted silos with a great bar.

View attachment 2019950
There might be less degrees of separation between us than I had ever surmised!

Edit re Rupanyup: Big fan of the Panthers' guernsey design (unless they've changed it). Broad red & blue panels. Like Port Melbourne but if you stretched the image to fit an instagram post.
r0_435_3443_2535_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

View attachment 2019950
Used to play U16 cricket there on a Friday night against Dunmunckle.

We lost a semi there one night was a horrible time.

I also got yellow carded there in an u16 footy match. Apparently I shouldn’t bump a player when their head is over the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has Horsham on his avatar, that's good enough.

Well he played as early Season 01 so maybe we need to look up if he has any other State of Origin history! Who tracks all that stuff? Let's make Pie 4 Life do it.

Btw SpecialBruce did you want to tell ClarkeM what you do out there :)

Well he played as early Season 01 so maybe we need to look up if he has any other State of Origin history! Who tracks all that stuff? Let's make Pie 4 Life do it.

Btw SpecialBruce did you want to tell ClarkeM what you do out there :)
I don't think it matters whether you played for another state, you pick a team and you have to stay there.

Alright, looks like Falconista is getting antsy so tonight I'll tally up the suggestions for venues so that we can have a vote and see where we are playing this series.

Also,
Name: TheGoatBaron
Preferred State: Vic Country
Secondary State: Vic City
Sweet FA CV/Resume: I’m Jimmy the Franck and you’re not
get in here.

Alright, looks like Falconista is getting antsy so tonight I'll tally up the suggestions for venues so that we can have a vote and see where we are playing this series.

Also, get in here.
Serviceton and Fish Creek

Serviceton and Fish Creek
Correct, they are 2 of the (1, 2, 3...) 17 options we have.

With Fish Creek locked in, we have:
Wimmera RegionGoulburn RegionGreat South Coast RegionMallee RegionBarwon Region
BooliteDeakin Reserve, SheppartonHexhamCorackGellibrand
ServicetonCobramMeville Oval, HamiltonForrest
MarnooKatamatite
Pimpinio
Halls Gap
Rich Avon
Netherby
Glenorchy
Rupanyup

Now it appears I can't put up a poll at the top of this thread, and this will double-up as a test to see if these new tagging powers work.

Wosh Robertio A Swallow Pie 4 Life FootyGuy13 manangatang ClarkeM Mobbs Pickitt Elton Johns Wig GotTheGoodes brahj Tigerturbulance croweater 41 Broken BallaratBulldog Jabba73 Headless AnUltimateRessie Frothies Mcveigh Ocha905 cats2rise tigland haydo ant555 Knifey Spoony DERO royboy2 Supersuns cats_09 Pamcake1 SpecialBruce TheGoatBaron

I would like you to vote on which of the above towns the Victoria Country team should play at this series. You will have minimum 1 vote, maximum 2 votes to decide this. Poll ends whenever I get yelled at more to get venues finalised.

Remove this Banner Ad

State of Origin 2024 State Of Origin | Vic Country Team Thread

Back