List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I assumed touring the facilities was a fancy way of saying “popped in to use the loo”
Came in to buy a Harry Sheezel badge just so one day he can show his grandkids that he played against the GOAT..

Half the player manages just tell them to stroll past Arden street to up the contract offer from their current club, regardless if we let them in the building.
Tom Morris usually in the bushes Monday and Wednesdays.
I think they need to provide hard evidence before their existing club will give that claim any credence. For example, a parking fine from Fogarty St.

Seriously, the chicken option is not as bad as people say. Roast pork is better of course, but not everyone eats pork. We have to accept the chicken alternative.

Same with samosa. The veg option is ok.
So if I'm reading this correctly, we're saying that Houston is crispy roast pork and Daniel is Lemongrass chicken?

Half the player manages just tell them to stroll past Arden street to up the contract offer from their current club, regardless if we let them in the building.
Tom Morris usually in the bushes Monday and Wednesdays.
Clarko: "We've solved world hunger"
Tom Morris Ch9: "Have you completed your anger management classes yet clarko?"

I've wanted this bloke for so long. Such a good user and architect off half back. He's probably past his best but still think he could help us. We can't overpay though, which could be a challenge given he is still under contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came in to buy a Harry Sheezel badge just so one day he can show his grandkids that he played against the GOAT..
They’re not his kids … just a new gf

I refuse to believe that we are entertaining Stringer as a serious trade option.
Where did this come from anyway?

This board have been speculating on what we are willing to trade for Noah Balta based on a SEN caller 2 weeks ago who said North contacted him ⠀ That is the only source!! 2 weeks it has been discussed for.

Clubs drop these delistings so steadily from August to October that I feel like there is some AFL instruction to maintain headlines. I understand list management has become more byzantine over the years, but it seems rare to see delistings announced by multiple clubs on the same day of the week.

This thread never fails to amaze.

Being fussy about who we pick up… we have won 13 or so games in 5 years and have holes everywhere.

Darling
Houston
Daniel
Parker
Membrey

All play at North and in our best 15. Take who we can get pending they can provide an off field and on field boost.

Our list is diabolically bad with a glaring hole of players aged 25+.

Good on the club for trying to fix that. If they can attract bigger names they would, fact is they can’t.

Last thing North need is another 18 year old kid.

I listened to Craig McCrae yesterday talking about replicating Geelong in consistently challenging. He made a point of saying he doesn't want draft picks, he wants players. He wants to improve every year and compete every year.

The challenge for us is how to attract better and better players. I think once we start to improve that will happen.

I think Sheezel will be a big part of attracting players - people will want to play with him.

Also, our future in Tas. I'm curious how much this comes into the thinking of players. More broadly club stability. No one really wants to go to a club in turmoil.

Senior AFL football is not a development league. We need to do absolutely everything possible to break the cycle of finishing low and high draft picks - rinse repeat. If not, we'll become the recruiting arm of the other clubs.

Protect the core, build around them and climb the ladder.

Darling is best 15 purely off the fact it’s Toby pink playing in his spot instead.
Is he though? If Comben is fit to play forward and ruck, I would have Duursma in as the third tall. If we don't want to ruck Comben or even play him forward, then I'd concede one or both of Teakle and Pink would be starting.

He has "toured our facilities" apparently. Why would you have someone tour your facilities if you weren't interested in picking them up?
I just hacked into the Arden Street HQ Operations manual, and have a Word Document called Tour of Facilities for….. In fact there are 725 versions with a 2024 file saved date. I have opened up a recent file and here is the agenda.

1. Meet [insert player] at reception and have Jenny take their tea/coffee order.
2. Ruffle their hair a few times.
3. Take pre-orders for Vietnamese Rolls.
4. Show 2024 Team Highlights package (45 secs)
5. Tour gym facilities and meet current players doing extra work already for 2025 season (another 45 secs)
6. Take to gift shop and give them a 1999 bottle of premiership port.
7. Shake hands and wish them the best.
8. Call Morris and McClure with player details.

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpeg
    IMG_1876.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
I just hacked into the Arden Street HQ Operations manual, and have a Word Document called Tour of Facilities for….. In fact there are 725 versions with a 2024 file saved date. I have opened up a recent file and here is the agenda.

1. Meet [insert player] at reception and have Jenny take their tea/coffee order.
2. Ruffle their hair a few times.
3. Take pre-orders for Vietnamese Rolls.
4. Show 2024 Team Highlights package (45 secs)
5. Tour gym facilities and meet current players doing extra work already for 2025 season (another 45 secs)
6. Take to gift shop and give them a 1999 bottle of premiership port.
7. Shake hands and wish them the best.
8. Call Morris and McClure with player details.
Tom Morris "Delisted free agent Curtis Taylor toured Arden Street earlier today, the roos comfortable he will provide experience and leadership for their young squad."

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back