List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I listened to Craig McCrae yesterday talking about replicating Geelong in consistently challenging. He made a point of saying he doesn't want draft picks, he wants players. He wants to improve every year and compete every year.

The challenge for us is how to attract better and better players. I think once we start to improve that will happen.

I think Sheezel will be a big part of attracting players - people will want to play with him.

Also, our future in Tas. I'm curious how much this comes into the thinking of players. More broadly club stability. No one really wants to go to a club in turmoil.

Senior AFL football is not a development league. We need to do absolutely everything possible to break the cycle of finishing low and high draft picks - rinse repeat. If not, we'll become the recruiting arm of the other clubs.

Protect the core, build around them and climb the ladder.

You're really reaching for excuses if you think us selling home games to Tasmania has anything to do with players not wanting to come to us. If that was in the least bit relevant, then Josh Gibson and David Hale would not have gone to Hawthorn. But besides that, the Tasmanian expansion club has put a fullstop on any fears of our club relocating to Hobart.

Seriously, the chicken option is not as bad as people say. Roast pork is better of course, but not everyone eats pork. We have to accept the chicken alternative.

Same with samosa. The veg option is ok.
I llke both. It was more a joke that people who order the Chicken should be shunned or something.
I'll order both depending on what I feel like. Sometimes pork crackling can be very dry and a teeth breaker.

Flog McClure said that North aren't fighting hard to get LDU to sign. I assume (hope) that's because we know he's staying.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not fighting hard to get Luke to sign :laughing:, does he just need the clicks or something :rolleyesv1:, seriously, Luke's staying at this club and he will sign an extension when him and his manager are ready to do so, there is no rush, the media do this when the footy season is just about finished, they provide 1/4 truths with 3/4 of some stories just ifs, buts and possible things that might happen, in other words there is not much AFL news happening at the moment, so have to "create" content.

I llke both. It was more a joke that people who order the Chicken should be shunned or something.
I'll order both depending on what I feel like. Sometimes pork crackling can be very dry and a teeth breaker.
When I say pork, it's the red roasted loin. No crackling.

This thread never fails to amaze.

Being fussy about who we pick up… we have won 13 or so games in 5 years and have holes everywhere.

Darling
Houston
Daniel
Parker
Membrey

All play at North and in our best 15. Take who we can get pending they can provide an off field and on field boost.

Our list is diabolically bad with a glaring hole of players aged 25+.

Good on the club for trying to fix that. If they can attract bigger names they would, fact is they can’t.

Last thing North need is another 18 year old kid.
And what if that kid is as good as Harry. There is not a player on that list that i would give pick 2 up for.

Carlton is an interesting one with trade capital in regards to their playing list, as their quality is so heavily aligned with a handful of players. Cripps, Walsh, Curnow, McKay and Weitering, with the young ruckman looking like he might be half handy.

The rest are a mix and match set. So if you are port Adelaide, and you wanted some extra with pick 12, which of any players outside those guns would you want from Carlton that would make port better.
Wouldn't surprise me if they offload Durdin back to SA in the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread never fails to amaze.

Being fussy about who we pick up… we have won 13 or so games in 5 years and have holes everywhere.

Darling
Houston
Daniel
Parker
Membrey

All play at North and in our best 15. Take who we can get pending they can provide an off field and on field boost.

Our list is diabolically bad with a glaring hole of players aged 25+.

Good on the club for trying to fix that. If they can attract bigger names they would, fact is they can’t.

Last thing North need is another 18 year old kid.
I'll take an 18yo Sheezel, Wardlaw or McKercher over any group of C and D graders willing to come across.

Unfortunately we've had a lifetime of them in the last few years.

I'll take an 18yo Sheezel, Wardlaw or McKercher over any group of C and D graders willing to come across.

Unfortunately we've had a lifetime of them in the last few years.
We aren’t parting with a top three pick for any of those names except Houston who isn’t C or D grade. Clearly an A. An even then a future first may not be a guaranteed top three.

Yes!!

I picked this bloke out in a game earlier this season. Another product of the Surrey Hills FC who have a great junior program.

Has the most magnificent left foot, would be a tremendous get. I hope we seriosuly look at him, maybe up our offer on Houston and get him as the steak knives.
This is no crack at you Bonar, plenty do it, but it amazes me how ramped up we get about players not getting a game at other Clubs.

History says there's usually a reason for that. Even if they have talented players in front of them playing their preferred position, if they're genuinely good they'll squeeze into the best 23 of any team.

Any interest in Charlie Spargo? His name was coming up last year, but nothing I’ve seen this year. Didn’t play a game in 2024 - ruptured his Achilles in preseason I think.

Has good pressure and a very accurate kick I50.

Yes!!

I picked this bloke out in a game earlier this season. Another product of the Surrey Hills FC who have a great junior program.

Has the most magnificent left foot, would be a tremendous get. I hope we seriosuly look at him, maybe up our offer on Houston and get him as the steak knives.
Totally agree would be a really good pick up and would probably get him pretty cheap to.

This is no crack at you Bonar, plenty do it, but it amazes me how ramped up we get about players not getting a game at other Clubs.

History says there's usually a reason for that. Even if they have talented players in front of them playing their preferred position, if they're genuinely good they'll squeeze into the best 23 of any team.
Yeah strange he only played a handful of games this year. Must have played nearly all games last year if i remember correctly and looked really good in a lot of them. Would be a good pick up i would have thought.

Where did this come from anyway?

This board have been speculating on what we are willing to trade for Noah Balta based on a SEN caller 2 weeks ago who said North contacted him ⠀ That is the only source!! 2 weeks it has been discussed for.
Just a passionate bunch of supporters whom want to see the club get better. This part of the season hasn’t been kind to us in recent years so the hope and optimism that comes with list management usually provides a lot of us with excitement to get us through another year of knowing we didn’t make finals. Yes, 5% of the names thrown up only ever come to us but I personally love reading everyone’s opinion on where such and such could help us or why they think he won’t and why he isn’t worth it. This thread and the draft one gets me through the summer that’s for sure.

P.S im a sucker for some ITK intel.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back