List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes , alright… who should we target then ? You need to consider where we are at as an attractive destination club for a potential star player .
How about Patty Cripps , Bont & N Daicos you reckon we go for them instead …?
This is where we are as a club NO One decent will come to us … even if we target them .
Watch the Houston one fall over when he nominates Carltank and the next day news headline will read “North fail again in luring trade target”
Here's a tip.

How about we man up as a Club, stop relying on the dregs of other Clubs and work out a more credible way of fixing our problems?

Our 25 and overs - are almost to a man terrible but the opposite can be said of our younger crew.

Rather than worrying about protecting them how about we empower them by giving them more responsibility.

Although I'm starting to wonder whether its really coming down to either us or staying at Port for Houston.
I made a joke about Daniel the other day but for a low value pick, I'd be ok with him as I think both this and next year's first round selections could be used more diligently.

Houston is possibly the better player but Daniel and a first round selection might benefit North more.

I feel like we can pretty much lock in 2 deals

Pick 64 for Darling
Pick 40 for Parker

Then it’s whether we get Daniel or houston

And which cheap small forward (konstanty or Garcia)

Is Garcia a small fwd? I've only ever see him in the midfield

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheezel made mistakes too. He made some bad rookie errors which essentially cost us the Eagles game in Tassie.
Because he punched the ball inboard rather than towards the boundary?

Part of the reason we were in a position to even win that game was because despite being off the ground for 16 minutes in the first quarter and playing the remainder of the game on one leg he still had it 30 times and kicked 2 and laid 7 tackles.

While I am sure he makes an error, the idea they he remotely cost us that game is a bridge too far for mine.

Absolute epitome of he gets a pass for any of his actions that lead us to being scored against in the final two minutes given the work he’d already done to get us into the position we were. And that there were multiple failures from other more senior players.

The 800k is being spread over time so that’s not a factor .
That’s true about the spread, but the $ will (or should) still be taken into account. e.g. Geelong spread $1.6m over 2 years out over 4 years and still netted pick 7. We won’t get that, but we don’t know how his salary will be split so it’s hard to say how the picks should fall.

Keep banging. We went into this season without a game plan. Yes, 'Northball', I know. But we can't shoot Clarko just yet. But we should acknowledge that it could have been a bigger issue than a lack of senior players to teach our kids how to play 'Northball'.

How about we try to do what everyone else does:

• develop a game plan around the strengths of our best players
  • recruit players to fill in the holes
  • shed the dead wood
  • balance the list

And then see how we go.
Would have hoped that this was Plan A.

Start with picks 2, 22, 40, 58 & 64

1. Pick 64 to West Coast for Darling.
2. Stephenson to Sydney for Parker.
3. Picks 2, 40 & 2025 2nd pick to Gold Coast for picks 6, 12, 20 & 38.
4. Picks 22, 38 & 58 to Brisbane for picks 18 & 53.
5. Lazzaro and pick 53 to Adelaide for pick 42.

Finish with picks 6, 12, 18, 20 & 42.

At the draft:

7 - Armstrong
15 - Berry
22 - Hannaford
27 - Gerreyn
46 - Mraz

Out: Thomas, Greenwood, Nyuon, Taylor, Stephenson, Lazzaro & Pink (re-rookie).
In: Darling, Parker, Armstrong, Berry, Hannaford, Gerreyn & Mraz.

Rookies:
Out: Shiels, Free & Sellers
In: Pink
It's good, but I'd try to send Stephens to Sydney for Parker

Because he punched the ball inboard rather than towards the boundary?

Part of the reason we were in a position to even win that game was because despite being off the ground for 16 minutes in the first quarter and playing the remainder of the game on one leg he still had it 30 times and kicked 2 and laid 7 tackles.

While I am sure he makes an error, the idea they he remotely cost us that game is a bridge too far for mine.

Absolute epitome of he gets a pass for any of his actions that lead us to being scored against in the final two minutes given the work he’d already done to get us into the position we were. And that there were multiple failures from other more senior players.

By the same token, it's a learning moment for a young player when a close game is coming down to the wire... you don't slap the ball forward indiscriminately. You take possession, and you force another stoppage, and you run down the clock. It's what Collingwood has done for the past two or three seasons. Harry wasn't the only one to make this mistake late in the game.

Sheezel made mistakes too. He made some bad rookie errors which essentially cost us the Eagles game in Tassie.
Just because he made some mistakes are you saying he can not be a leader. Cripps had some shockers this year Captain of a club 2 nd Charlie and he is not a rookie but still made quite a few experienced howlers. Do you have to be a certain age or a particular number of games to be a leader.

I get we need small forwards but what's the interest in Konstanty? His VFL numbers look pretty ordinary.

Kicked 14.13 from 12 games (cleans up goal kicking it looks a lot better) and averaged 4 tackles a game (only 4 players on our senior list averaged over 4 tackles a game across the season and only 3 senior players that averaged over 1 tackle inside 50 a game over the season).

For a second year player that’s had injury interruptions, he isn’t tracking that badly. Is he guaranteed to make it? No, but he has all the attributes we are looking for in a small forward. And much better suited then the small forwards we have on our list atm.

DuckYeah

I think I worked it out! Thank me later.

Starting picks:
2, 22, 40, 58 & 64

1. Darling to North for WCE F2 (19), we pay all his wage.
2. 58 to Sydney for Parker.
3. Picks 2, 64 + 2025 2nd pick & 2025 3rd Pick to Gold Coast for picks 6, 12, 20 & 38.
4. F4 to Swans for Konstanty

Finish with picks; 6,12,20,22,38,40,53

At the draft:
~ 6- Armstrong
~12- Hotton(Knee)
~20- Hannerford
~22- Gerryn
~38-Trainor(Head)
~40- H.Oliver
~53- Sims

Pay out who we can or delist: Thomas, Greenwood, Nyuon, Taylor, Free, Lazarro, Sellers & Slephenson

Put Hotton & Trainor straight on to LTI for 12 months!

Have F1 and F2 to keep for Sharp.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back