List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

$1.8M a year to keep wonderboy will eat a bit of that. Perhaps they don't want to finish 18th and be paying 100% of their salary. I agree with you, 64 and us paying probably works but ** it's a lot of cash and ** Geelong for getting pick 7 for a salary dump which is all it really is, from WCE perspective.
You do realise that recruits are on fixed salaries.

As Kerry said you only only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime.

WCE are no Alan Bond

The are both from WA so maybe there is snowflakes chance in hell of it happening

And he owned and was pissed off with it and said gexwoukd learn from it on a radio interview two days later
Who is gex?

Its done now so who cares.

The good thing about it is that someone like Sheeze will learn from it.

Young players making rookie errors is a way for them to develop.

Really? That's stupid money.

Is he that good?

I don't know, probably. But if Mac is getting $1.5m then $1.8m is a bargain! They don't want to lose him and won't. In saying that I'm unsure as to what will be on the books, off the books will be the HJ franchises/Chicken Treat vouchers which I'm sure will be significant.

It has that bloke from Footascray who was going to replace Harvey.

He made such an impact that I can't even remember his name despite him being gifted 10 games in his first season before it was realised he was shit and spent the remainder of his three year contract padding around in the reserves.

We gave up recruiting these types 3 years ago.

Curtis is the small pressure goal kicking fwd.

He needs to stop flying for marks being defensively slack and do a role.

The talent is on the list. He and 15 of his mates need to stop playing for themselves .

Play there role in a system with 100% effort every context every qtr every week

Recruiting B grade shit trucks in there mid 20s like Houston Kennedy Owies Konstanty is repeating the same shit from 2016 to 2021

Get another 2 top 20 and 2 top 5 picks this year and next . Always pick highest draft pick possible.

The 24-28 age player on our list Larkey Zurhaar Ligue Corr LDU Powell Srrogen Fisher Stephenson etc

There's 15 of them

Grow the **** up stop geing a bunch of pussies and allow the talent the top 5 talent we have recruited over the last 4 years to shine.
Lol Houston shit B grade player.
Get over it mate

You do realise that recruits are on fixed salaries.

As Kerry said you only only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime.

WCE are no Alan Bond

The are both from WA so maybe there is snowflakes chance in hell of it happening

Love the Alan Bond reference; not sure it's relevant here.

We haven't bought anything for $1Bn and have it on the market or part of fire sale discussions for $100m 12 months later.

We are in the box seat through being shit for a $800k a year bad decision they have made, not because he improves us significantly, but because he trains well, and is a decent human despite being an anti-vaxer.

I would want something pretty significant to entertain such a trade, maybe Brady knows better and will be more keen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Daniel = is travelling tonight on a plane

1727423011887.png

Love the Alan Bond reference; not sure it's relevant here.

We haven't bought anything for $1Bn and have it on the market or part of fire sale discussions for $100m 12 months later.

We are in the box seat through being shit for a $800k a year bad decision they have made, not because he improves us significantly, but because he trains well, and is a decent human despite being an anti-vaxer.

I would want something pretty significant to entertain such a trade, maybe Brady knows better and will be more keen.
what’s been published is that it’s 800k being spread over two years with an additional 100k thrown in as a sweetener. So it turns 800k into 500k per year for two years. Not sure if WC will be picking up any of that.

If we draft someone I think we will be paying 200k plus to hold the same position for two years. So we are paying approx additional 300k for an experienced guy to help the young blokes over the next two years. But we are losing the opportunity to bring in a player at pick 68 who will need coaching and support - drain resources rather than adding to our resources.

They got Zac Williams on a mil next year due to back ending so they will back him as their small forward over owies
Plus Fantasia, Motlop and Durdin.

Also, I know the whole brown paper bag thing is basically a meme, but I reckon their salary cap is properly ****ed, and they're probably baulking at paying a relatively modest wage that Owies would get playing for most other teams. See also Kennedy.

HOw would you make it happen? 34 goals is not bad. My main concern is why Carlton are happy to lose him.
Could be any of the following.

1. Players don’t like playing with him.
  2. Is difficult to coach.
  3. He might have kicked 34 goals, but defensively let a lot of ball out of the forward line way too often. He averaged 11 pressure acts a game. Look at Dan Butler (17) and Higgins (15) from St Kilda by way of comparison. Paul Curtis averages 14 as similar sized players in that role.
  4. He bought a box of tissues not made by Visy 😎

After being burnt with Fisher (to date) this is a firm NO from me. Brady - Caveat Emptor alarms are ringing.

Recruiting B grade shit trucks in there mid 20s like Houston Kennedy Owies Konstanty is repeating the same shit from 2016 to 2021

Clueless
Houston is a 2x AA. He's not shit.
Konstanty is 19 years old. He isn't in his mid 20s.

Once again... We didn't have the elite young talent that we currently have between 2016 and 2021. There's nothing wrong with being 10th if you have an elite group of under 25 players.

what’s been published is that it’s 800k being spread over two years with an additional 100k thrown in as a sweetener. So it turns 800k into 500k per year for two years. Not sure if WC will be picking up any of that.

If we draft someone I think we will be paying 200k plus to hold the same position for two years. So we are paying approx additional 300k for an experienced guy to help the young blokes over the next two years. But we are losing the opportunity to bring in a player at pick 68 who will need coaching and support - drain resources rather than adding to our resources.

He's saving tax!

$330,667.00 vs $150,667.00x2

It is a lot of effort on his part to save give or take $30k - times are tough though.

We don't need to go through other teams' skips to plug the holes in our list. There are two really promising small forwards in the draft this year, Berry and Hannaford, we should make sure we get one or even both. We also have River Stevens as a late or rookie pick. These players, added to RHJ with another preseason in him, should go a long way to fixing the problem.
He is 19 years old and a far better prospect then River Stevens if you remove the romanticism, he’s also a better prospect then RHJ & Coop who currently hold those spots. Other than injury he’s been kept out of the side by Papley, Hayward etc.

We were big on him in his draft year, he’s a no brainer considering how little we’d have to give up for him. If anything at all as they may need to delist him.

$1.8M a year to keep wonderboy will eat a bit of that. Perhaps they don't want to finish 18th and be paying 100% of their salary. I agree with you, 64 and us paying probably works but ** it's a lot of cash and ** Geelong for getting pick 7 for a salary dump which is all it really is, from WCE perspective.

Just fwiw Darling isn’t a salary dump, we approached him. We tried to get him last year too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back