List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetical again..

In the near to impossible chance Houston does land.

Is it grim days for the likes of

Goater (obvs with injury anyway), Bergman (hasn’t don’t too much), Fisher (does he go forward) leaving maybe Hardeman as the developing HB type?

We’ve drafted so many HBF’s and seem to develop 0 well unless they are Sheezel and McKercher who you can’t even consider Half backs
Its almost better for them.
No pressure to perform immediately after coming off injury.
Build their skills and endurance and earn a spot in the senior side.
One of our issues has been playing the kids too early, now we're creating depth.

Could we trade 2 to say Collingwood to help them get Houston? Haven't thought about what we get back.
Go Away GIF

For mine he’s not worth a top 6 pick in next years draft

for only 5 years of service

Id only give it up for someone giving a decade of service. SDK is one example
You can't just solely look at the number of years he'd play as the only reason.

There's flow on benefits. Onfield performance uptick, leadership, club starting to be perceived as a destination club, morale increase from staff and players and AA calibre player wants to join, membership uptick even? Helping develop the Goaters, Hardemans, Bergmans etc.

And most of all, getting him for just pick 10 and pissing off PA fans.

(I still think he goes to the blues or stays at port).

For mine he’s not worth a top 6 pick in next years draft

for only 5 years of service

Id only give it up for someone giving a decade of service. SDK is one example
No he probably isn’t but we have got ourselves into this extreme situation and we have to pay overs to try and break it.
We gotta start winning or we are going to kill this group of young players.

You can't just solely look at the number of years he'd play as the only reason.

There's flow on benefits. Onfield performance uptick, leadership, club starting to be perceived as a destination club, morale increase from staff and players and AA calibre player wants to join, membership uptick even? Helping develop the Goaters, Hardemans, Bergmans etc.

And most of all, getting him for just pick 10 and pissing off PA fans.

(I still think he goes to the blues or stays at port).
I’d do it for pick 10 in this years draft

But not a future first

If we get Houston and they get dyson sharp out of it that would be a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does a trade for Houston give me Polec vibes?

Some players look great in a system and when taken out of that system turn into your garden variety nugget of shit.

For a future first let’s hope we get the output of the multiple AA Houston and not Houston Lite.

Houston is made of the good stuff I think. Gotta work your arse off for two AA’s and his prime motivation to move is being home. I’d hope that leads to this being more like Dangerfield moving back home than Polec getting his head turned for cash.

Hypothetical again..

In the near to impossible chance Houston does land.

Is it grim days for the likes of

Goater (obvs with injury anyway), Bergman (hasn’t don’t too much), Fisher (does he go forward) leaving maybe Hardeman as the developing HB type?

We’ve drafted so many HBF’s and seem to develop 0 well unless they are Sheezel and McKercher who you can’t even consider Half backs

I think it gives them more time to develop but I think Houston will take over McKercher's role as he moves into the midfield and he will eventually replace McDonald who has to be retired soon. Corr will also likely be hanging the boots up and I think we will only have 2 KPDs unless we play someone like the Dogs who have lots of tall forwards.

I think Goater, Bergman and Hardeman are good talent. Bergman and Hardeman are a long way off in terms of being the right body mass. They aren't going to be AFL standard in 2025 so they need to hit the gym hard all year long, not just over the pre-season.

We have a lot of players playing down back like your Fishers, Tuckers and Stephen at times with mixed success but successful sides tend to have very good back six options, you are either a very good defender or very dangerous on the rebound, we have a lot of guys that currently don't tick any boxes.

But isn't doom n gloom. Archer was shithouse before this year, he went from yet another F/S disappointment to a damn good player in a very short period of time. Nobody has a crystal ball to say who will extract the digit and who will not, I think us sorting out the midfield will help the defense a lot if they don't have to deal with a tsunami of inside 50s heading their way under little to no pressure.

Last edited:

Some players look great in a system and when taken out of that system turn into your garden variety nugget of shit.

For a future first let’s hope we get the output of the multiple AA Houston and not Houston Lite.
My Grandma’s left footed garden gnome would be better than Polec.

We’ve been that bad over the past 5 years we’re gun-shy about giving up early picks for AA footballers.

I’m confident Houston would straighten us up beautifully whilst releasing Colby to a full time wing/mid. That alone will make us more dynamic around the ball and Houston is a pretty tough hombre.

He’s also very durable - has barely missed a game to injury, a 35 year old from Brisbane could’ve easily won the Norm Smith yesterday and I reckon Houston could play for another 7 or 8 years in the same mould.

Our future first is too much though, HAS to be something coming back our way, but I’m definitely cool with the decision if the club has a good crack at him.

My point is post game pressers for the GF shouldn’t be necessary. Do it tomorrow if it has to happen.

Having endured 98 all I wanted to know in those shellshocked minutes afterwards was what the hell happened

This first week will be unbearable as trade period is still a week away

Free agency this Friday
A week of repeating the same rumours over & over & over again.
The only relief from the mind numbing repetitive crap is Cooney with his equally mind numbing 10 club mega trades.
The first week is horrendously bad & I already hate myself for listening this year, as I do every year!
I guess when you are as bad as we’ve been the last 5 years, the trade & draft period are the best part of the season!

A week of repeating the same rumours over & over & over again.
The only relief from the mind numbing repetitive crap is Cooney with his equally mind numbing 10 club mega trades.
The first week is horrendously bad & I already hate myself for listening this year, as I do every year!
I guess when you are as bad as we’ve been the last 5 years, the trade & draft period are the best part of the season!
Lots of ‘locked and loaded’ and ‘Moneyball’.
Not to mention them using the same five responses regardless of the question.

Houston is cut from a different cloth mate. He goes when it’s his turn and he had to do it the hard way after being initially being taken in the rookie draft. Hard working who wants to get the best out of himself and his teammates.

Polec, Fisher, Stephenson, & Stephens however….

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back