List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love someone here to take off their rose coloured glasses and summarise why/how the Hawks rebuild has made Arden St look like The Salvos.
The Hawks play with urgency. They exert intense pressure. They move the ball at speed. They have elite ball users…..All the things we don’t do/have.
1.Scrimshaw, Amon, Impey, Frost, Chol, Ambrosia, Wingard all picked up over the last seven or so. All of them can contribute.

2.They have been in the relative advantage of finishing low on the ladder, but not low enough to be forced into picking endless inside mids. They have instead picked up their mids from slightly later picks and picked players that provide list balance.

3. They have recruited or drafted KPP semi-regularly.

4. They have done better with rookie/MSD/later picks than North.

5. They have better experience/leadership.

Spewing we didn't have a crack at Amartey a few years ago when he was up for grabs.
Its a wait and see on this one Themanbun, in horse racing even longshots have won on the big stage, great effort to drill 9 against the Adelaide defence but lets see how he goes for the rest of the year before we get too excited, he might keep slowly rising to the occasion or remember Josh Bruce from the Bulldogs, need I say anymore.

Its a wait and see on this one Themanbun, in horse racing even longshots have won on the big stage, great effort to drill 9 against the Adelaide defence but lets see how he goes for the rest of the year before we get too excited, he might keep slowly rising to the occasion or remember Josh Bruce from the Bulldogs, need I say anymore.

Has been very good all year

They've had 20 years of consistency. And two of their oldest players are all part of the system Clarko set up. So is their coach and a bunch of players who went there when he was coaching them.

We've had five years of shemozzle. And no effective football systems left in place from the previous coaching regime when those five years started.

Yes he has been but tonight he went to another level, the question is was it a one off?
Yep its a wait and see for me to Scout he only averaged 9 games in his 1st 3 years . An alright year last year. Going in the right direction this year and hope he keeps it up for himself but to early to spew that we didn't get if we had the chance a while ago.

Yep its a wait and see for me to Scout he only averaged 9 games in his 1st 3 years . An alright year last year. Going in the right direction this year and hope he keeps it up for himself but to early to spew that we didn't get if we had the chance a while ago.
It’s not like he had one of the greatest ever forwards holding him out of the team 🙄

They've had 20 years of consistency. And two of their oldest players are all part of the system Clarko set up. So is their coach and a bunch of players who went there when he was coaching them.

We've had five years of shemozzle. And no effective football systems left in place from the previous coaching regime when those five years started.
Spon on Ferbs. And it's hardly rocket surgery either.

They've got 26-29 yo elite ball users like Sicily, Scrimshaw off hb. Some veteran campaigners leading the way. And Mitchell is using the groundwork set up by Clarko 20 years ago.

You've got to start somewhere, and here we are.

I tell ya, it's taken the negative Nancy's a week to warm up again after a long overdue win. But they're back. Bless 'em.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Spon on Ferbs. And it's hardly rocket surgery either.

They've got 26-29 yo elite ball users like Sicily, Scrimshaw off hb. Some veteran campaigners leading the way. And Mitchell is using the groundwork set up by Clarko 20 years ago.

You've got to start somewhere, and here we are.

I tell ya, it's taken the negative Nancy's a week to warm up again after a long overdue win. But they're back. Bless 'em.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Great post mate if anyone has listened to Pagas interview with Clarko its exactly what you have posted. Pagan giving credit to Shimma and Kennedy for setting up the team many years before Pagan took over. Like he said those guys set the foundations and he reaps the rewards of their hard work with obviously with some of his own.

1.Scrimshaw, Amon, Impey, Frost, Chol, Ambrosia, Wingard all picked up over the last seven or so. All of them can contribute.

2.They have been in the relative advantage of finishing low on the ladder, but not low enough to be forced into picking endless inside mids. They have instead picked up their mids from slightly later picks and picked players that provide list balance.

3. They have recruited or drafted KPP semi-regularly.

4. They have done better with rookie/MSD/later picks than North.

5. They have better experience/leadership.
The Hawks had Clarko for 2-3 years in a rebuild before smirky annoying head Mitchell took over.

I’d love someone here to take off their rose coloured glasses and summarise why/how the Hawks rebuild has made Arden St look like The Salvos.
The Hawks play with urgency. They exert intense pressure. They move the ball at speed. They have elite ball users…..All the things we don’t do/have.

They started from a higher base and didn’t cut away all of their quality senior players in a short period of time.

There has also been significantly more stability off field.

Brad had a vision he pivoted from, then had a different vision. Then we moved to Shaw then to Noble then finally to Clarkson.

5 different approaches in 6 years.

But you know all this.

Anyone that posts here knows all this.

We re-litigate the past so often here there would be 10 threads on this topic.

We are not comparable to any side they did not also have the huge level of off field upheaval. Melbourne and Carlton and their rebuilds are far more apt a comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I’m not against a bit of lolcarlton, they absolutely cannot change the rules this year. Has to be from next year with all info being sent out before the trade season begins

Interesting isn't it. If the AFL's primary mantra is equalisation at any/all costs then they will do it this year, cop the backlash and move on.

I wouldn't be surprised they've done some modelling on the long-term impact quality father sons (and academy picks) are having relative to the price paid, have extrapolated that forward and believe it is becoming too much of a differentiator. Creating a situation where teams will be up for far longer than they should and preventing others from doing so. Something like that...

Agree entirely with you it would be utterly unfair to those clubs impacted but the AFL will always do what is the greater good for the benefit of the game overall.

**** them.

The hilarious thing being they are whining about not being able to circumvent the current rules.

They would be trading out these mass bundles prior to the draft and then trading them back in.

I don't feel sorry for their preplanning to work around loopholes, sorry.

While I’m not against a bit of lolcarlton, they absolutely cannot change the rules this year. Has to be from next year with all info being sent out before the trade season begins

They can and they should.

Needs to be rectified ASAP.

They changed the NGA rules eligibility mid season, after teams may have planned following JUH. Should be no different.

They wait another year, teams like Brisbane and GC just get another absolute free ride for **** all. It might not impact anything now, but it will in 5-6 years and it's teams like us it's likely going to impact the most.

I don't want to be finally competing for finals with sides that have built lists with top 5 picks paid for with 4th rounders.

They can and they should.

Needs to be rectified ASAP.

They changed the NGA rules eligibility mid season, after teams may have planned following JUH. Should be no different.

They wait another year, teams like Brisbane and GC just get another absolute free ride for **** all. It might not impact anything now, but it will in 5-6 years and it's teams like us it's likely going to impact the most.

I don't want to be finally competing for finals with sides that have built lists with top 5 picks paid for with 4th rounders.
Yeah fair enough. I guess I was putting us in the position and how filthy I’d be if they changed it mid year.
I guess I will just revert back to lolcarlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back