List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m glad we finally realised there is a cat b rookie list

Getting crosscoders like Evans is smart business
190cm, 24 years old now. Worth a shot.

2023 AFL article:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/922197/crow-happy-to-wait-rivals-watching-lion-cub-sun-set-to-stay

VIC QUICK PONDERS FOOTY SWITCH

VICTORIAN cricketer Zak Evans is weighing up a potential return to footy, having been omitted from the state's list of contracted players ahead of next summer's Sheffield Shield season.

Evans, who stands above 190cm, would be eligible to join an AFL side for no cost against the salary cap as a category B rookie having been out of the football system for the minimum period of three years.

Now 23 years of age, Evans was a talented junior footballer and played alongside the likes of Bailey Smith, Laitham Vandermeer, Finbar O'Dwyer and Ben Silvagni with Xavier College, also representing the Oakleigh Chargers in the NAB League.

But, having earned call-ups to Australia's under-17 and under-19 sides, he elected to follow the cricket path where he earned one Sheffield Shield cap with Victoria in 2020 and a handful of Big Bash appearances with the Melbourne Renegades.

Evans missed the Renegades' most recent Big Bash campaign with a pectoral injury, but had emerged as a standout fast bowling prospect after securing career-best figures of 5/33 against the Hobart Hurricanes in January 2021.

Should he go through with the prospect of returning to football, Evans would follow in the footsteps of Western Bulldogs defender Alex Keath. He played seven Sheffield Shield matches for Victoria before switching to footy in 2015. – Riley Beveridge

Our ceiling is higher than the hawks imo as we have the elite talent. Be interesting though how both sides projections pan out. Having supported them as a kid wouldn’t have a huge bearing, it rarely does.

Ginnivan says hi!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have huge influence upon these players lives...

Think you are overstating their roles. They are conduits btw club and players and may guide in some direction but ultimately we are talking grown adults who will make up their own mind about their livelihood. Nothing more than a recruiter

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

190cm, 24 years old now. Worth a shot.

2023 AFL article:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/922197/crow-happy-to-wait-rivals-watching-lion-cub-sun-set-to-stay

VIC QUICK PONDERS FOOTY SWITCH

VICTORIAN cricketer Zak Evans is weighing up a potential return to footy, having been omitted from the state's list of contracted players ahead of next summer's Sheffield Shield season.

Evans, who stands above 190cm, would be eligible to join an AFL side for no cost against the salary cap as a category B rookie having been out of the football system for the minimum period of three years.

Now 23 years of age, Evans was a talented junior footballer and played alongside the likes of Bailey Smith, Laitham Vandermeer, Finbar O'Dwyer and Ben Silvagni with Xavier College, also representing the Oakleigh Chargers in the NAB League.

But, having earned call-ups to Australia's under-17 and under-19 sides, he elected to follow the cricket path where he earned one Sheffield Shield cap with Victoria in 2020 and a handful of Big Bash appearances with the Melbourne Renegades.

Evans missed the Renegades' most recent Big Bash campaign with a pectoral injury, but had emerged as a standout fast bowling prospect after securing career-best figures of 5/33 against the Hobart Hurricanes in January 2021.

Should he go through with the prospect of returning to football, Evans would follow in the footsteps of Western Bulldogs defender Alex Keath. He played seven Sheffield Shield matches for Victoria before switching to footy in 2015. – Riley Beveridge
**** knows if he'll be any good, but it's nice to be playing in this space. Hopefully we get him.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

It's not new news. We've known for a while that there was a 5 year deal there for Cam to sign (as per Cal Twomey).

That'd be interesting.

If we matched, what to Collingwood have to trade?

Do they offer ridiculous overs to trigger the top compo?

Hopefully Z makes all this moot and signs on.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

My opinion is slowly shifting now.

Prior to the bye regarding Stengle, it was a pretty firm no if we lost Zurhaar.

My opinion now is, if Cam goes for anything other than Band 1, I'd be going quite hard for Stengle. 2 months ago it seemed fairly pointless, now, not so much, there's now signs we have turned the corner imo.

I'd be prepared to lose the end of round 1 pick for CZ for Stengle, their wages will be quite similar also more than likely.

This now places Brady and the club in an interesting situation.

We need to know Zurhaar's intentions sooner rather than later. A deal will get done for Stengle in the next month or two, if not already.

We can't be strung along until September.

If Ken gets the lemonade, I'd begin operation payback.

Stick a $1.5m dollar a season offer in front of Butters and wave a top 3 pick in front of Port Adelaide in the process to see if they blink.

He's at max value at the moment, he only signed for an additional 2 years last year and is a Pre Agent in 2025 and Free Agent in 2026. He's pretty much Ken's lovechild also.

Last edited:
My opinion is slowly shifting now.

Prior to the bye regarding Stengle, it was a pretty firm no if we lost Zurhaar.

My opinion now is, if Cam goes for anything other than Band 1, I'd be going quite hard for Stengle. 2 months ago it seemed fairly pointless, now, not so much, there's now signs we have turned the corner imo.

I'd be prepared to lose the end of round 1 pick for CZ for Stengle, their wages will be quite similar also more than likely.

This now places Brady and the club in an interesting situation.

We need to know Zurhaar's intentions sooner rather than later. A deal will get done for Stengle in the next month or two, if not already.

We can't be strung along until September.
Just match pies other and get pick 27 in trade and then get Stengle as FA

Just match pies other and get pick 27 in trade and then get Stengle as FA

Yes, another possibility.

Although I'd be asking for their F1, not Pick 27.

Again, we will have a lot of leverage with clubs given our ladder position.

It will be along the lines of the McKay situation if he does go. "Stump up an extra $100k PA or else we will be demanding a F1 + Pick 27 etc".

It's a great situation for the players also, they will get pay bumps for things like draft compo not at all attached to their market value.

$100k in cap space for a F1 + Pick 27 would seem like an amazing deal for most list managers in isolation.

How well does he go at CHF?

Our backline will be stacked next year:

Archer Logue Corr
Dawson Chom Goater

Bergman, Hardeman McDonald, Tucker, Fisher still to fit in.

Looks unbalanced. Too many talls. Move Dawson to back pocket and replace Corr with Bergman/ Hardeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back