List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

An absolute treasure trove of over 30's mercenaries wanting a retirement check and perennially injured or struggling players.

I hope somebody confiscates Brady's phone over trade week.

How on earth is Ralph suggesting Liam Baker is worth a pick around 12-14?

He's a decent enough player, at 26 averaging around 20 disposals a game, but there's plenty of them around.

Apparently being the 16-22nd player in a premiership side as a second and third year player gets you this status.

Last edited:
IMO Baker is worth a pick around 12-14.

Madness.

He's a solid B/B+ footballer who has played half of his career as a role player in a fantastic side. He's finished well in their B&F the last few years admittedly.

He's getting an uptick in midfield minutes because Taranto and Hopper have missed plenty of footy.

Will he even see any midfield minutes at West Coast long term?

Otherwise he's a 173cm, 19 disposal a game flanker/utility that hits the scoreboard every 2 games.

Last edited:
This one popped up on Nova yesterday. Caller called up stating that he's got a very good source/knows a family member.

View attachment 2029696

Contracted to 2025, one of the more sold key defenders in the league. Geelong would rightfully ask for a bounty of picks for him.

Considering Comben's emergence, I'd like to think this one is a little far-fetched.

Contracted to 2025, one of the more sold key defenders in the league. Geelong would rightfully ask for a bounty of picks for him.

Considering Comben's emergence, I'd like to think this one is a little far-fetched.
If there is any truth to it, they'd be gunning for the local boy in FOS.

If there is any truth to it, they'd be gunning for the local boy in FOS.

Or Lalor.....

We aren't trading our top pick for SDK obviously.

If they receive Band 1 for Stengle which is probably a more than possible probability, they may have something like Pick 8 & 9 as well as SDK.

Unless it's a strategy to trade down the order by the club and up by Geelong to get FOS or Lalor.

It really depends on where we finish and who they are targeting as our pick might not be enough to secure FOS.

I'd accept a deal like Pick 2 + 21 for 8 , 9 , SDK.

I'd have a R2 or F2 on the table for SDK on his own. Nothing more.

It's always been assumed 1 of those likely R1 picks was going to go to the Dogs for Bailey Smith also.

Last edited:

Eh, I'd probably describe as promising rather than solid.

I think he's one that falls in the Baker (plays for a successful club over the last few years) tax.

His defensive loss numbers aren't too different to Comben (which Comben needs to improve on), but he's nowhere near the same aerially.

He gets a lot of spoils in, but the below list is u/23 KPD in the league and he doesn't stand out in any meaningful way in which you would want to pay through the nose for.

He is not his brother, who's been probably the best ruck in the comp the last month.

Being young + tall + being a best 22 player + in a top 4 side will automatically default to being a high value player in the media and supporters eyes. I don't think there's runs on the board to support it.

1719279261503.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t Jack lukosius the most obvious person on that list for us? Is he worth pick 1? Don’t watch enough of the suns but structure wise place him at CHF instead of Toby Pink and I think we are set

This one popped up on Nova yesterday. Caller called up stating that he's got a very good source/knows a family member.

View attachment 2029696
OOC end of 25 non FA, can't see how this doesn't happen.

We are very good at getting players pay rises at their club.

Would be strange as we have K Dawson, Logue, W Dawson, Comben. Don't get me wrong is a fine footballer, just I highly doubt it is remotely possible.

Madness.

He's a solid B/B+ footballer who has played half of his career as a role player in a fantastic side. He's finished well in their B&F the last few years admittedly.

He's getting an uptick in midfield minutes because Taranto and Hopper have missed plenty of footy.

Will he even see any midfield minutes at West Coast long term?

Otherwise he's a 173cm, 19 disposal a game flanker/utility that hits the scoreboard every 2 games.
WCE are shot in the midfield. Kelly, Sheed, Gaff and to an extend depending on his injuries Yeo are not the future. Other than Reid they don’t have A grade talent coming through. Baker at 26 is the perfect age profile for any side and a pick 12 plus is acceptable. If Baker played more midfield minutes than he currently is he would be better than a 19+ disposal player. He’s a great kick, tough and kicks goals. My only query would be the $$ he wants and I’m not sure how much he’s asking for.

Isn’t Jack lukosius the most obvious person on that list for us? Is he worth pick 1? Don’t watch enough of the suns but structure wise place him at CHF instead of Toby Pink and I think we are set

Pick 1 of what? The PSD?

Certainly not worth anywhere near that these days.

He just hasn't put on the body size to be a KPP.

He's a 1 goal a game flanker when he plays forward and a poor mans version of Nick Blakey (minus the pace) when he plays on a half back flank.

WCE are shot in the midfield. Kelly, Sheed, Gaff and to an extend depending on his injuries Yeo are not the future. Other than Reid they don’t have A grade talent coming through. Baker at 26 is the perfect age profile for any side and a pick 12 plus is acceptable. If Baker played more midfield minutes than he currently is he would be better than a 19+ disposal player. He’s a great kick, tough and kicks goals. My only query would be the $$ he wants and I’m not sure how much he’s asking for.

WCE could get 1 of the best half a dozen midfielders in the draft at that pick as well as one of the best KPP's and you can throw a blanket over a whole lot of prospects from the top few to around that range.

If they are splitting their pick (I don't think that is likely if they end up with Pick 2), they'd be better off taking Bo Allen as a local boy as well as another one from that group.

I think doing a trade like this is comparable to us doing the Polec trade in 2018 after taking LDU. Even if Polec had turned out OK. He'd have been a complete waste to this point, like I think Baker will be a waste at WCE in the next 3-4 years in my opinion.

Eh, I'd probably describe as promising rather than solid.

I think he's one that falls in the Baker (plays for a successful club over the last few years) tax.

His defensive loss numbers aren't too different to Comben (which Comben needs to improve on), but he's nowhere near the same aerially.

He gets a lot of spoils in, but the below list is u/23 KPD in the league and he doesn't stand out in any meaningful way in which you would want to pay through the nose for.

He is not his brother, who's been probably the best ruck in the comp the last month.

Being young + tall + being a best 22 player + in a top 4 side will automatically default to being a high value player in the media and supporters eyes. I don't think there's runs on the board to support it.

View attachment 2029705
I'd do it for our second rounder plus a bit. Doubt the cats would.
1 for 8+9+ SDK might be interesting.
Depends what's available in the draft at that point.
But once again I doubt the cats go for it.
It's only really plausible if comben moves forward.
Seems very unlikely I reckon

He played mainly APS football for Xavier, he played as a 2nd tall forward at times and was pretty good, played in the same school side side as Bailey Smith.

He was very much a cricketer that was playing with his mates though.

As a 17-18 year old he was considered one of the best young fast bowling prospects in Australia/World Cricket.

So was never really a consideration for football scouts and signed professional cricket contracts part way through his top age year.

This is very much a speculative Cat B pick as it's designed for, he's never played anywhere near VFL level, let alone AFL level.

This also isn't a Will Sullivan or Cam Green type scenario where you are talking a legitimate TOP underage AFL prospect that chose cricket that may have been a top 10 pick in their AFL draft.
Makes sense, that said he wouldn’t be making that decision just for the hell of it, ie/ he himself would know he has what it takes, at that age you don’t just turn around and make a flippant decision to have a crack at footy for the hell of it. I’ve seen plenty of elite athletes in other sport to know some of these kids could be genuine prospects in a number of sports. If nothing else, he’d have a mature head on his shoulders, and have the experience of working in a high performance program, and a good understanding of the professionalism, dedication, and resilience required to make it. All for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back