List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know whether our extra rookie spots have to end this year? giantroo? List spots are going to be tight
No confirmation of it yet. It'll be reviewed again at the end of the season.

'The continuation of the club’s ability to have two additional rookie list spots in season 2024'

Last edited:
Might be coming to play CHF

Definitely not ruck as got smashed in there by big brother. Strange move tbh thought he would be moved back after 1st qtr but Scott stuck with it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

We would have to win at least 5+ games from hereon for any best 22 player near their prime to even consider working with us.

Disagree, wins aren't overly relevant at this stage. It's all about performances, wins will come. People already talking after our first two, now we have added a third. The third was important as being 39 down a couple of mths back that would have petered out to a 70-80 pt loss, not get within 3. Just need to keep these performances up, grab the odd win and the interest will continue to build...

Isn’t Jack lukosius the most obvious person on that list for us? Is he worth pick 1? Don’t watch enough of the suns but structure wise place him at CHF instead of Toby Pink and I think we are set

He is a strange one.... why does he keep being mentioned... contracted until 2025... Walter and King pushing him out, surely room for all 3

Or Lalor.....

We aren't trading our top pick for SDK obviously.

If they receive Band 1 for Stengle which is probably a more than possible probability, they may have something like Pick 8 & 9 as well as SDK.

Unless it's a strategy to trade down the order by the club and up by Geelong to get FOS or Lalor.

It really depends on where we finish and who they are targeting as our pick might not be enough to secure FOS.

I'd accept a deal like Pick 2 + 21 for 8 , 9 , SDK.

I'd have a R2 or F2 on the table for SDK on his own. Nothing more.

It's always been assumed 1 of those likely R1 picks was going to go to the Dogs for Bailey Smith also.
If Laylor ends up De Goey like as you suggest im finding it very hard to let that slip. And then if FOS and Smillie are deemed better it gets every more difficult.

Disagree, wins aren't overly relevant at this stage. It's all about performances, wins will come. People already talking after our first two, now we have added a third. The third was important as being 39 down a couple of mths back that would have petered out to a 70-80 pt loss, not get within 3. Just need to keep these performances up, grab the odd win and the interest will continue to build...

Yep i think players are far more interested in the quality of the squad and what their football looks like with them over the next 5+ years. North would have to be right up there as one of the preferred destinations imo.

This one popped up on Nova yesterday. Caller called up stating that he's got a very good source/knows a family member.

View attachment 2029696

What's he like as a key forward? If no good then I'm not really a fan of this. I think it unbalances our list if we are bringing him here as a key defender. I'm more than happy with what we currently have for the future in Comben, Logue, K & W Dawson. We also need to be saving our big contracts for our young mids and I think he'd be asking a significant sum to come to us.

He is a strange one.... why does he keep being mentioned... contracted until 2025... Walter and King pushing him out, surely room for all 3

+ Ethan Read if he ends up there.

It's pretty incredible to see how the kid that was doing so well at SANFL level at 17 has panned out.

Some of the queries he had on him as an 18 year old have really been exposed at the top level in time.

Some of his strengths have translated, but not nearly been as important as what was discussed at draft time.

His biggest issue as an 18 year old was the strength of his hands and his marking. He often double grabbed a lot of balls, even uncontested on the lead and he wasn't a good contested mark. He got a lot of ball on the lead on his chest.

This was often countered by the fact young KPP's player hands generally improve a % as they get bigger and stronger. Which is true.

His next question mark was body shape and how much size he would be able to put on. Some raised Nick Riewoldt as an example but he's really not too much bigger than he was at 18.

Goes to show there's so many intangibles, even down to genetics that can play a part. As outside of really strong marking, he has a lot of attributes that would make him a quality key forward even now, outside of body size. Which is obviously very important in any contested marking, 1 on 1 or pack situation. He's just not physical enough and a bit timid.

He's got a lot of the same weakness' as Sam Durdin had.

He's by no means a list clogger, he's probably the 200th best player in a 800 man league. Which is a far cry from the generational CHF he was projected to be.

As I said, he's pretty much a 6"5 flanker with a lovely kick and a good mover for his size. Basically a slightly better Jack Watts 2.0

Lukosius and Rankine were going to be the cornerstone of GC for a decade and a very scary combo at the time on paper., Rankine is potentially finally delivering, but at Adelaide 7 years later. Lukosious will likely be a role player.

If there is any truth to it, they'd be gunning for the local boy in FOS.
This is always great fun with prospective Cats recruits. Koroit is 200km from Geelong.

It's like saying someone from Shepparton would be a local for us.

(This is in no way a dig at you by the way GR - I'm a massive fan of your work).

What's he like as a key forward? If no good then I'm not really a fan of this. I think it unbalances our list if we are bringing him here as a key defender. I'm more than happy with what we currently have for the future in Comben, Logue, K & W Dawson. We also need to be saving our big contracts for our young mids and I think he'd be asking a significant sum to come to us.

Don't North keep saying Chom will return fwd... so will only be Logue, K and W, and Corr on the outskirts

fwiw I am loving Chom back....

Will be 0 to the SDK rumours.

However in the event there is: let’s not act like we wouldn’t walk straight into our best 22 and be an instant upgrade.

2 years ago he was the best defender in a premiership side, last year he played good football also.

6-8 bad weeks means very little given his body of work and his Age; size and ability.

Would instantly be our best defender and fits our age demographic perfectly. Swap 1 or 2 for 2 firsts, give 1 up for SDK and then take a draftee with the other: = win.

Don't North keep saying Chom will return fwd... so will only be Logue, K and W, and Corr on the outskirts

fwiw I am loving Chom back....

I would doubt so if his form continues to suggest otherwise. That's probably part of the reason why we got Teakle. We're now looking for someone else to fill that key forward role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would doubt so if his form continues to suggest otherwise. That's probably part of the reason why we got Teakle. We're now looking for someone else to fill that key forward role.

Reckon Teakle was more as they realised Goad was along way off competing. Will see, either way we will be going after a kpd or kpf, and certainly seems to be more options kpd than kpf

Would need to be good coin too not just length...

Maybe not. It might be that the lure of playing in finals might be worth more than money to him. Who knows at this point though.

Love it , even though I'm a huge Cam man fan, a six year deal will be tipping him into band 1 category. It would be closing in on a five million dollar deal.

The Pie won't want us to match so they'll do the right thing. It will make little difference to them id they get pushed back one spot in the drafts for getting Zurhaar.

The Pie aint Poort or * both shit clubs who need to be seen to win at all costs.

Ok - i will be sad now that I actually said all that, but **** it I'll get over myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back