News 2024 Trade News Compendium

Remove this Banner Ad

Started at the correct time of year, after the grand final!

Remember, this thread is for news articles/possibly tweets if half-reputable and discussion posts will be deleted - feel free to chat about the articles in the trade thread. Note that just because I post a story here doesn't mean I don't think it's probably rubbish (Denham, Ralphy, Waldron etc.) but it's worthwhile having a place to keep these stories together.

Also I won't be posting stories that break down to "Ex-AFL media personality thinks the Lions should pick up so-and-so" if there's no evidence that we're actually interested in that player.

Previous editions of this thread: 2023 2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011

Swan bound for rival after GF loss; Pies ‘go cold’ on Stringer: Mega Trade Whispers (Jon Ralph, FoxSports, 28/09)

FORGOTTEN LION ‘WANTS A FRESH START’

Out-of-favour Brisbane midfielder Deven Robertson is likely to land back in Western Australia next year, but it is going to be ‘challenging’ for him to find a fresh start.

With the Lions set to bring even more young talent through the doors this off-season, Robertson’s future in Springfield is murky.

“He’s not in the side today; I think he’s going to get squeezed further down the pecking order,” Ralph told Fox Footy.

“We know that, of course, Levi Ashcroft and Sam Marshall are coming in (this year’s upcoming draft) — he’d really like a fresh start.

“There are clubs that are like West Coast, he is a WA boy — but they don’t want to give up early picks — so it’s going to be a challenge for a lot of players like him (that) want to find a fresh start, but (are) just not able to find a club that’s prepared to give up a top 30 pick.”

Victorian club joins race for versatile Giant, could Lions pounce on livewire? - Trade Whispers (Riley Beveridge, FoxSports, 05/09)

ARCHRIVALS IN RACE FOR LIVEWIRE

Brisbane could make a play for Gold Coast small forward Malcolm Rosas Jr who has been told he can explore his options with rival clubs this off-season.

“I wouldn’t completely rule them out of the Malcolm Rosas Jr battle. He has a year left on his contract at the Suns, but the Suns have told him that he can explore his options with a year to go,” AFL Media’s Riley Beveridge said on Gettable.

Rosas Jr has played seven matches under Damien Hardwick this season for a total of 12 goals but has also been suspended on two separate occasions.

“I think Brisbane’s a club to watch in the Malcolm Rosas Jr chase as things stand,” Beveridge said.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 Trade News Compendium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back