List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody wants the no damage mids like Brodie anymore. We’re the only team that’s still playing those types because they’re all we’ve got but I wouldn’t be looking to add another one.

Brodie signed a 3 year extension early last year I think, so I believe he's contracted until the end of 2026.

Yes I said that much earlier in the thread. Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2026

But he is not one of their preferred mids now. So IF Freo do not want to carry his contract for 2 years playing in seconds for them, there is an opportunity their to gain him at a lowish trade cost.

But yes we need to look around and see what we can prise loose. But it will not be a gun mid this year. I would love to be wrong though!

thats a position we lack,i just think a ward or sheldrick would cost a lot more,but if we can get one of them of course pull the trigger,but if not i think one or two mids from high in this years draft & one of brodie s.berry phillips fiorini,with brodie being my personal #1 of them,would be a good start,while we continue to have a crack at the LDU's of this world,none of which are any guarentee to come to us any time soon,oh and parker for a couple years would be very nice,but if the likes of a brodie comes off we have an 8 year player

gotta start somewhere & it aint going to be with the likes of the bont and ldu both coming across like jack with the magic beans

For sure but you are paying a premium for less exposure. Sheldrick and Ward have less exposed form. There is a feeling with Brodie that he's found his level at 25 and it's a very good extractor with out much X factor or special traits.

I'd take him for sure because we need depth.

I still reckon Ratts shoving Dunny cost him his job. Lost all his back up depth and missed finals. We have been missing out on a serious run at finals due to a lack of midfield depth since Richo was still our coach. Every year we get a couple of injuries and have no-one ready to come in.

Worst case Broidie ends up that. Best case he improves with age and becomes another Brad Crouch level player who holds out kids from his spot.

Just spotted this article on Parker, interestingly it came out a couple of days before his fateful VFL hit in Frankston...

The problem with Parker is that he will be 32 next season. So unless the Swans let him go as a salary dump it means that we consume some type of capital to get him just to tread water. This does not help us longterm.

Nobody wants the no damage mids like Brodie anymore. We’re the only team that’s still playing those types because they’re all we’ve got but I wouldn’t be looking to add another one.

No we're not. People bagged Matt Crouch for years, same as Tom Mitchell. Those guys have place again these days because you need guys to get the ball and get it outside. Even Libba was washed up at one stage. Now every side would love him.

We don't have anyone above that level unfortunately but that doesn't mean others don't play them. In an ideal world you have at least one real gun and a bunch of player capable of going inside and winning some ball including some grunt extractors.

I reckon before he hurt his knee this season, Steele was looking back to his best. One injury can derail their season. A peak Jack Steele and Crouch would be good enough if we had a better tap ruck IMO. Geelong had a very ordinary midfield in there premiership year.

I still reckon Ratts shoving Dunny cost him his job. Lost all his back up depth and missed finals. We have been missing out on a serious run at finals due to a lack of midfield depth since Richo was still our coach. Every year we get a couple of injuries and have no-one ready to come in.

The club literally picked Bytel over Dunstan as the back up depth. Picking Bytel over Dunstan in the last game of 2021 demonstrated this.

Also, it's hard to choose otherwise when one choice has demonstrated over a long period no ability to address his shortcomings, and the other is a youngster who has only been at the club for 3 years. Dunstan's last game for us was all the greatest hits of his best and worst.

Then Bytel didn't make it, but got picked up by the reigning premiers on leaving the club (funnily enough, exactly like Dunstan).

IMO the depth right now is Brad Crouch.

The problem with Parker is that he will be 32 next season. So unless the Swans let him go as a salary dump it means that we consume some type of capital to get him just to tread water. This does not help us longterm.
Yeah for some reason I thought he was only contracted until the end of this year, but as the above article says he's contracted until the end of 2025.

Gettable podcast. Sounds like battle is goneski
As a member. I feel really pissed off having watched that.

And I can understand why I was told the club felt it was less likely when I wrote my post the other week - if that’s the type of dealings they have had since round 2, when it was considered a formality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we're not. People bagged Matt Crouch for years, same as Tom Mitchell. Those guys have place again these days because you need guys to get the ball and get it outside. Even Libba was washed up at one stage. Now every side would love him.

We don't have anyone above that level unfortunately but that doesn't mean others don't play them. In an ideal world you have at least one real gun and a bunch of player capable of going inside and winning some ball including some grunt extractors.

I reckon before he hurt his knee this season, Steele was looking back to his best. One injury can derail their season. A peak Jack Steele and Crouch would be good enough if we had a better tap ruck IMO. Geelong had a very ordinary midfield in there premiership year.
Guys like Mitchell and Libba average a ridiculous amount of contested touches a game to make for their deficiencies in other areas. Brodie isn’t on their level in that area.

Even if Geelong had an ordinary midfield I’d rather not aim for the odd exception to the rule rather than the rule. They also did have one of the greatest midfielders of all time in there though which helps. We had peak Steele and Crouch for years (with Ryder in there as well) and haven’t gotten anywhere. Plus I think peak Steele is gone, keeps getting injured every year and Crouch looks cooked. Wouldn’t be holding my breath waiting for them to deliver us a flag.

of the 3 doppleganger threads im going to stick with this one=agree annoying

but this is what the hawk guy(tylerdurden or whatever his name is)from last week has to say re gettable

My strong mail was that he was staying.
But I agree, that clip tells me he sounds gone.

of the 3 doppleganger threads im going to stick with this one=agree annoying

but this is what the hawk guy(tylerdurden or whatever his name is)from last week has to say re gettable

My strong mail was that he was staying.
But I agree, that clip tells me he sounds gone.
That guy has changed his opinion in the space of a week.

The situation falls in line with what I said at the start of the month. Which was effectively the club is less confident. Doesn’t want to lose him. But thinks if we do its band 1 compo.

We are gigantic morons for letting him get UFA status instead of restricted.

Absolute amateur hour- was it my mate gags who screwed that?
Without knowing what our TPP looked like.
He could have fallen out of our top 25% this time last year when we made re-signings to our existing players.

Can’t we combine this and the list management thread was more my thinking.

I posted the Battle Gettable update in the other one

List management - internal list critique.
Trade thread - external list top up/reduction/redirection.
Draft - singular instance of accredited individuals.

There will be overlap as people discuss things but the three threads have reasons to exist separately.

List management - internal list critique.
Trade thread - external list top up/reduction/redirection.
Draft - singular instance of accredited individuals.

There will be overlap as people discuss things but the three threads have reasons to exist separately.
List management and trade thread go hand in hand and it’s kinda pointless having seperation.

Agree the draft should be seperate.

The club literally picked Bytel over Dunstan as the back up depth. Picking Bytel over Dunstan in the last game of 2021 demonstrated this.

Also, it's hard to choose otherwise when one choice has demonstrated over a long period no ability to address his shortcomings, and the other is a youngster who has only been at the club for 3 years. Dunstan's last game for us was all the greatest hits of his best and worst.

Then Bytel didn't make it, but got picked up by the reigning premiers on leaving the club (funnily enough, exactly like Dunstan).

IMO the depth right now is Brad Crouch.
And even with all the injuries at Collingwood he is struggling , 2,9 and 7 disposals in 3 games , i never did see what some saw in him

Gettable podcast. Sounds like battle is goneski

I just pray the club know what they are doing? Battle has been a resilient very good player at CHB, I know we need elite mids but I will very sorry to lose him.

Im sure if he does leave SOS & Gubby will have a plan moving forward.

The scary thing if he goes to Hawthorn they are likely to reach a GF before we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back