List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

He ain’t staying mate, and saints will give 43 it will happen they both playing hard ball
Cal twomey reporting that Macrae might be staying as Saints aren’t offering 43
You're slipping Mr Pencil Case last week you were confident on P 24 to Dogs
This week P 43

Next year 5 on the bench , the reason they are looking for a 2nd ruck - most teams will be playing 2 rucks by the sounds of it.
Marshall will play 70% as the ruckman , his marking around the ground is one of the best parts about his game, whoever is the 2nd ruckman will only give him a break - thats all the spud will be used for.
To tell you the truth I feel Heath or Keller would be a better option playing forward.

Soldo is not going to help our midfield too much , Campbell by all accounts was a better ruckman than him looking at VFL stats
Has the 5 on the bench been confirmed yet?

Or is still just a possible change up for discussion.?

Thanks to anyone who can confirm.

If Daniher is actually retiring i could see Brisbane making an offer to Membrey.
They really like Henry Smith so he'd slot straight in

Also have Brandon Ryan who looked to be a gun kid at Hawthorn last year. Developing well in the VFL

Also drafted Luke Lloyd last year who is another power key forward

They have plenty of youngsters to fill the void

If they elect to go leadership and experience I think Sam Day is a better fit for them as a bigger body and focal point

Was with some people with Richmond connections at GF day so I’ll pass on what I was told for your Sunday morning reading (dis)pleasure;

Richmond likely to get pick 6 and more for Rioli. Perfect storm for Richmond: former coach, wants to win now instead of hitting the draft and GC have great draft capital.

I feel like I’ve been gaslight by the media saying Rioli is worth pick 6 in the draft but there you go.

Ivan also not a big fan of Adelaide as well, not just his missus. Boring city and as a result, a big punting culture within the team (nothing else to do?).
Pick 6 AND more? Gold Coast make a mockery of the trade and draft period every year. They don't feel the reprecussions either because their Northern Academy just picks up the slack from any poor trade decisions. Absolute farce. We are over here fighting tooth and nail over pick 8 and Gold Coast just throw them away like this, Lachie Weller (2) and the Jack Bowes (7). AFAIK there aren't any other suitors for Dan Rioli either so no trade competition for his signature.. far out

Rioli is a great get but what GC really needs is goal kickers, especially with Sam Day retired, Casboult well into his twilight years and Lukosius on the move.

They will continue to ply games into Jed Walter, but they could probably really use a Membrey type as well.
Pick 12 for Tim Membrey seems in-line with Gold Coast recent trade deals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 12 for Tim Membrey seems in-line with Gold Coast recent trade deals

Yeah but Membrey has had his issues off field, and i don't know the details, but despite what people here seem convinced of, i'm not sure upending his family and moving interstate will be something he wants to do.

Think today showed how little rucks actually matter in the AFL atm.

Just need a big bloke who is competitive in ruck contests and can throw his weight around.

Yes and no. Fort is a good old school tap ruck. Grundy more like Marshall. Brisbane had good clearance mids and better ruck service. Reckon getting the ball first is still a huge advantage and especially in a GF. Contested footy beats press and system on GF day.

Disagree.

A bang average ruck who can half the contest just shows that an elite midfield can still dominate.

A good tap ruckman can be worth a few extra scores a week due to their tap work.

A shit tap ruckman and a good follower (Marshall) could be your teams best or second best player

But a ruckman who can impact around the ground and has elite tapwork is a match winner.

See Gawn Cox Spider

Even 5 clean taps that lead to a clearance going out into clear space is a massive difference. Probably leads to 5 clean inside 50s before the defence is set up. Make 3 of them goals and it's pretty handy.

Our rebound and outside game is excellent. Adding another element is a great idea. Macrae and Soldo are good additions. Brisbane kill us on the inside because it's our weakest line. If we can cover Battle's loss and these two come in I reckon we push top 4 with a decent injury run and a softer draw.

Clearances are more effective when the mids are on the move, if the ruckman can hit the ball to their advantage, then it helps. Unfortunately Marshall’s weakness is his tap work, our mids are pretty much flat footed most of the time or reactive / 2nd to the ball, that’s why we’re after Soldo, but needs to be at the right price I guess

Our mids are also heavily stocked with 2 way mids trying to limit damage from an opposition advantage. Having an extractor and a tap ruck gives you the ability to play on your terms.

I thought Fort did a really good job he had 4 good clearances himself 2 of which resulted in goals. Grundy wont he hit outs but it eventuated to zip because of Brisbanes midfield dominance. Sydney were physically insipid there was not ounce of aggression or fight to take the game to Brisbane. Longmire should have coached his last game for the Swans they cant keep serving up that rubbish they have in GF's.

Grundy was always more a rounded ruck who played like an extra mid than a gun tap ruck. It's the conundrum, he's made Sydney a better side but in finals players have to win their own ball so Sydney couldn't get it outside in space where they like to do damage without clearance.

Brisbane's elite kicking and ability to work hard to make space for each other to kick into is elite. They play team footy but enough talent to win one on ones. Sydney have a very average bottom 6. Guys like Melican are honest toilers but pretty average.

Hitouts are also irrelevant in modern footy anyway.

Not irrelevant, not the be all and end all though. Hitout advantage aren't easy to show in stats. At the moment our inside midfielders and ruck are a liability. We are having to work around them. If you balance the midfield out you get better. I thought Marshall showed he could be good playing outside ruck this season.

Contracts you say? Ha! Worthless.
But he will still go there but if he decided he didn’t now or trade can’t get done….
Correct contracts are worthless today and can be a liability when you sign guys on big money for way to long like in Kelly , Whitfield , Grundy , MaCrae , Oliver , Petracca and so on.
So in the end if they do move it usual for very little and just a salary dump.
If someone wants to move it usual gets done you only have to look at Bruce , Jack Steven , Billings.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back