List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm was not the reporting on Pou only a month or so ago was that talks were progressing, or am I dreaming that? If so talks now being off is a new development. The longer this goes on the likelier he is to actually leave. I'd still say he will stay but the signs are starting to get a little worrying. Yes he is the sort that would back himself to get a new contract but we know how important he is so I am sure we are offering him a fair deal.

Hmm was not the reporting on Pou only a month or so ago was that talks were progressing, or am I dreaming that? If so talks now being off is a new development. The longer this goes on the likelier he is to actually leave. I'd still say he will stay but the signs are starting to get a little worrying. Yes he is the sort that would back himself to get a new contract but we know how important he is so I am sure we are offering him a fair deal.
One poster who seemed to be ITK said it was basically done already.

Pretty sure his manager is trying to maximise the deal. They could sign a contract now for 3-4 years at decent money, or wait until he strings a few decent games together and ask for 5 years on good money, which would take him to FA. Either way I don’t think he’ll leave unless his manager wants $1 mill, which won’t happen.

Shortlist for those who can't be bothered/can't access the article:

15 Lennox Hofmann (born 2006, eligible this year)

A member of St Kilda’s next generation academy. A third tall defender, reads the play really well to roll off and intercept. An exciting talent and the Dragons have high hopes for him this season.

Write up here: https://www.saints.com.au/news/1458815/on-the-radar-get-to-know-stk-academy-member-lennox-hofmann

20 Adrian Cole (born 2006, eligible this year)

A member of St Kilda’s next generation academy and one of the Dragons’ vice captains this season. A 197cm key defender with fantastic athletic attributes. Played a few games last year as a bottom-ager.

Write up here: https://www.saints.com.au/news/1441056/on-the-radar-get-to-know-stk-academys-adrian-cole

34 Kye Fincher (born 2007, eligible next year)

A member of St Kilda’s NGA, a bottom-ager. A running half back and potentially a midfielder long term. Of the Dragons’ bottom-agers he’s been one of the best performed through pre-season.

59 Sam Linder (born 2006, eligible this year)

A Dragons vice-captain who plays his school footy at Brighton Grammar and is a member of St Kilda’s next generation academy as a high half back. He does everything well, very consistent, defends his man well, uses the ball well, communicates well with his teammates and is a leader.

We're also got Boston Everitt who's playing with Carey Grammar/Gold Coast/who knows and Elwood Peckett is in the leadership group for the Dandenong Stingrays, both eligible this year (Boston by less than 2 weeks).
Can we get any of them, or will they be too good?

Can we get any of them, or will they be too good?
Boston and Elwood are ours if we want them. The others depend on what happens with academy bidding, if it gets lowered back after 20 we have a much better chance of getting Cole who's the standout this far.

Linder and Hofmann will need strong seasons to push for that area where we can't match bids, so it's in our interest for them to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many for Pou you reckon?

I’d love to know which trade target we have our eye on next, can’t fault our build in recent years.
I was always of the impression Pou was 2 more.

Someone else who gets very good info on here said it would be more.

Happy either way. Just sign him up. He loves the club

Apparently you blokes are keen on Melican
Anything that rhymes with Pelican is triggering on the Saints board.

You sure you didn't mean this guy?

1711095168182.png

I have said it before but after watching the VFL today we seriously need to trade for another ruckman this year. Campbell is a servicable VFL player (ONLY) but is getting slower and Heath I now doubt is going to make it. If we lose Marshall to injury it will leave a huge hole in the AFL side and we simply dont have a player capable of filling the void. I can understand our recruiters attempted to get De Koning out of Carlton last year, but I think not recruiting another young ruckman last year was a mistake.

I know its the first game of the year and Im going early but after watching the game today our rucking cupboard is completely bare. Early days I initially thought Heath was our next ruckman, but we simply havent seen improvement in his game or his ruck craft to give us hope he will take the next step. I know ruckman take time to come good well if thats the case with Max, we cant afford to wait until he does we have to find another ruckman as a priority.

Hopefully we have a plan to find a ruckman somewhere at seasons end?

Last edited:
I have said it before but after watching the VFL today we seriously need to trade for another ruckman this year. Campbell is a servicable VFL player but is starting to show his age, Heath I now dont think is not going make it. If we lose Marshall to injury it will leave a huge hole in the AFL and we simply dont have a player capable of filling the void. I can understand our recruiters attempted to get De Goey out of Carlton last year, but I think not recruiting a young ruckman at last years draft was a mistake.

We have one but he’s playing in the backline for some reason.

This is what happens when you constantly chase short term solutions like Ryder, Paul Hunter, Tom Campbell etc. It seems like a great idea at the time but the years go by fast and all of a sudden you’ve delevoped nobody.

I have said it before but after watching the VFL today we seriously need to trade for another ruckman this year. Campbell is a servicable VFL player but is starting to show his age, Heath I now doubt is going to make it. If we lose Marshall to injury it will leave a huge hole in the AFL and we simply dont have a player capable of filling the void. I can understand our recruiters attempted to get De Goey out of Carlton last year, but I think not recruiting a young ruckman at last years draft was a mistake.

I know its the first game of the year and Im going early but after watching the game today our rucking cupboard is completely bare. Early days I initially thought Heath was our next ruckman, but we simply havent seen improvement in his game or his ruck craft to give us hope he will take the next step. I know ruckman take time to come good well if thats the case with Max, we cant afford to wait until he does we have to find another ruckman as a priority.

We have headhunted a ruck every year for the last three years.

TDK last year. Xerri the year before. Draper the year before that. I’m certain we know that is a hole in the list, but it seems like our planning is not to draft and develop one, but to recruit. Every year that Marshall gets older that hole gets more and more anxiety inducing.

I’d throw the kitchen sink at Ethan Read. It’s a pity we couldn’t get one of Flynn, Soldo or Sweet last year.

But you would think that the ruck merry go round will continue each year. With the advent of the mid year trade period clubs with good ruck depth may have some real draft currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back