List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be happy to offer that to ldu. He fits what we need and the cap is going up heaps. But we need another key back and forward. Next two drafts are going to be very important
Dont agree on a forward TBH. King as one, Camma/Hayes as 2 and 3 (if needed).

Backs probably true, i like the current structure (without Howard) but Cordy could use an upgrade. Think we were hoping Van Es might be it but its looking less and less likely with his ongoing injuries.

Dont agree on a forward TBH. King as one, Camma/Hayes as 2 and 3 (if needed).

Backs probably true, i like the current structure (without Howard) but Cordy could use an upgrade. Think we were hoping Van Es might be it but its looking less and less likely with his ongoing injuries.
Agreed. A key forward might be a priority in a couple years, but not atm wrt trade. Prioritise a star FA mid, cheap ruckman and then maybe a key defender of a decent price next year

Daniel Curtin debuting for the Crows and I’d think we should be hoping he goes well. That would mean Crows long-term backline is Curtin, Michalanney, Worrell then one of Butts or Murray. Whichever of Butts and Murray falls out would be gettable for cheap and they were very underrated last year when Adelaide were going well early. If we can turn Dougal into 24 yo 194cm Murray without giving up anything else, or a couple third rounders for 24 yo 198cm Butts I’d do it every day of the week. Butts probs fits our backline more due to the extra height

Edit: just realised they also have Mark Keane and Hinge as a 3rd tall so they’re absolutely stacked for the next decade. Huge opportunity for us

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think a tall forward should be a target for us unless it’s on the cheap

Desperately still need mids and a better full back

A small forward is a need still. Hopefully Collard is the one but having some depth there and then just mids, mids and more mids.

I would doubt it. But if Sharman doesn't develop (and he needs to take another step soon), we don't really have a like-for-like replacement.

I think Owens and Phillipou are seen as those high half forwards of the future. Membrey would be a good get for a side close like Sydney and play him as a true KPF. His best footy is as a lead up forward.

I'll be sad to see him go because he was one of the few good players in a bad era but think we need to start to develop kids in the role and he deserves a crack at a flag before he retires.

I would doubt it. But if Sharman doesn't develop (and he needs to take another step soon), we don't really have a like-for-like replacement.
Hayes would be our only key fwd depth.

Not great, especially when you consider we have little midfield depth and if Howard doesn't stay, we have no KPD depth either.

I think Owens and Phillipou are seen as those high half forwards of the future. Membrey would be a good get for a side close like Sydney and play him as a true KPF. His best footy is as a lead up forward.

I'll be sad to see him go because he was one of the few good players in a bad era but think we need to start to develop kids in the role and he deserves a crack at a flag before he retires.
I was just making the point that I don't think we have a high-half forward ready to go. Owens would need to be fitter and Phillipou has only shown "speccie" potential, rather than proper contested mark potential.
Hayes would be our only key fwd depth.

Not great, especially when you consider we have little midfield depth and if Howard doesn't stay, we have no KPD depth either.
I don't think Hayes is depth for the specific role Membrey plays. Hayes is dppth for King/Caminiti (and probably better than Caminiti right now if he could get a run at it, but Caminiti projects to be a better key forward).

I don't think Hayes is depth for the specific role Membrey plays. Hayes is dppth for King/Caminiti (and probably better than Caminiti right now if he could get a run at it, but Caminiti projects to be a better key forward).
I dont think he fit's the role either. We have no one at Sandy who plays that 3rd tall role. I meant overall forward depth, we'd be left with just Hayes which isn't a great place to be in.

But we’d only end up with pick 18 which, after FS and academy selections, becomes 25 so we’d be better off finishing last.

The 1967 draft was a write off thanks to only having a late 1st rounder.

How were we supposed to draft the next Baldock with such a rubbish pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back