List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is gringo2011 still keen on Rhys Mathieson?

hqxiPYS.jpeg
Wait, how many months since he looked like an afl player?

Looks like he's on the roid whoops road to recovery.

Would it be worth taking Rory lobb off the dog. Would get him for basically free
Even if they were paying for him it wouldn't be worth it. Absolute list clogging liability.

No ruckman will come if they think they’ll be behind Marshall and playing at Sandy.
We need a genuine forward ruck. Keeler looks likely but will take time and with Membrey, Caminiti and Sharman occupying the target roles he’ll need to wait to get an opportunity.

No ruckman will come if they think they’ll be behind Marshall and playing at Sandy.
We need a genuine forward ruck. Keeler looks likely but will take time and with Membrey, Caminiti and Sharman occupying the target roles he’ll need to wait to get an opportunity.
Keeler is the one no doubt - the question is does he really want to do the work? - I’m sure RTB has asked the question

Xerri was willing to come

Other clubs dont seem to have a problems attracting ruckman when they need them. Throw enough money at them and they will come.

If we target the right players I think we can sell a 50/50 role like De Koning does with Pittonet.

We've got a surplus of half backs, especially now that Hastie and Schoenmaker are coming through. Would rather see us go for a key back or a mid. Even if we were trying to get a half back, Daniel wouldn't be on my list as someone who can make a big impact.
Key back ✔️ (Van Es may be an injury bust type, and Keeler is not a defender)
Inside Mids that can also spread (our most pressing need) ✔️✔️✔️
Ruck developed in GWS/GC and not being played due to those teams having a glut of options (Campbell not getting any younger, Heath likely to be cut, Hayes constantly injured, and Keeler more of a forward ruck option needing further development, we will need a proper ruckman if RoMa falls)✔️✔️

I think we could look for another young mobile ruck/ forward- like a younger Roma type of player. Hayes could do a job, but I think he may be a tad short for the job.

Other clubs dont seem to have a problems attracting ruckman when they need them. Throw enough money at them and they will come.

If we target the right players I think we can sell a 50/50 role like De Koning does with Pittonet.
If you sell them the 50/50 role yes. Then the target needs to be better than just a lumbering ruckman. They need to be capable of multiple roles otherwise they are dead wood. That’s what won’t work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a good backup ruck. The Giants with Preuss is a good example. Marshall is a beast in there and seems to be getting better every year.

In terms of a forward ruck, it'd be nice but doesn't seem to be a priority for our coaches.

When does Cordy’s contract run out? We’d probably need to think around whether he or Howard are our short term key backs. Neither will be world beaters and we need to bring some of the younguns along soon - Schoonermuker or JVE. I get that Schooner seems more interceptor but he’s young and 194cm is big enough.

When does Cordy’s contract run out? We’d probably need to think around whether he or Howard are our short term key backs. Neither will be world beaters and we need to bring some of the younguns along soon - Schoonermuker or JVE. I get that Schooner seems more interceptor but he’s young and 194cm is big enough.
Doogs is up this year and Cordy the next. All eyes on JVE.

Doogs is up this year and Cordy the next. All eyes on JVE.

IMO JVE was no where near when playing last year, he has along way to go to become a VFL standard defender let alone AFL. I doubt we can afford to lose Howard or Cordy at this time.

I am going through the same broken ankle as JVE atm and I can tell you its not much fun. The injury is completely non weight bearing in the first 6 weeks which is nigh on impossible to deal with without full time support. I dont know how these kids go recovering from serious injuries when they dont have family support to rely on. He will need this year just to get going again, we often expect too much of the kids as soon as they are deemed fit to return.

Hayden Young-freeo, I'd be throwing big bucks at. Local lad? from Somerville.

Key back ✔️ (Van Es may be an injury bust type, and Keeler is not a defender)
Inside Mids that can also spread (our most pressing need) ✔️✔️✔️
Ruck developed in GWS/GC and not being played due to those teams having a glut of options (Campbell not getting any younger, Heath likely to be cut, Hayes constantly injured, and Keeler more of a forward ruck option needing further development, we will need a proper ruckman if RoMa falls)✔️✔️

images

Could Heath be dangerously close to a stay at home key forward who rucks part time. He has shown he can clunk and kick a bag.
They still have an eye on Lobb for a salary dump.

Apparently he is costing the dogs a million this year in cap and another significant amount next year.

IMO JVE was no where near when playing last year, he has along way to go to become a VFL standard defender let alone AFL. I doubt we can afford to lose Howard or Cordy at this time.

I am going through the same broken ankle as JVE atm and I can tell you its not much fun. The injury is completely non weight bearing in the first 6 weeks which is nigh on impossible to deal with without full time support. I dont know how these kids go recovering from serious injuries when they dont have family support to rely on. He will need this year just to get going again, we often expect too much of the kids as soon as they are deemed fit to return.
I'm not sure what his injury was but I've had a break with full reco and it does take time. Then again, l was 40 and he's 20 with professional rehab services.
I would still seriously look at trading Doogs if a suitable alternative can be found but there's not much on the FA market. At least he'll be a lot cheaper next year.

They still have an eye on Lobb for a salary dump.

Apparently he is costing the dogs a million this year in cap and another significant amount next year.
I'd prefer Caminiti as forward back-up ruck to be honest, I think he would bring more energy than Lobb both in the ruck and the forward 50. If we're getting a 32 year old Lobb (who has been displaced by 21 year old Sam Darcy) then I would hope that we are getting him for rookie prices, given that he would be playing for Sandringham.

All we need is a tall who can run and is committed to jumping into his ruck opponent. Surely there are a couple around.

We need a good backup ruck. The Giants with Preuss is a good example. Marshall is a beast in there and seems to be getting better every year.

In terms of a forward ruck, it'd be nice but doesn't seem to be a priority for our coaches.
Doogs cops it badly on this site and SAINTSATIONAL and I don't understand why. When he plays he gets the number 1 tall and he does a good job in my opinion. He is miles ahead of Zaine. I admit he has the odd clanger which directly result in goals but so do all defenders in the modern game. It's not like 40 years ago when defenders never kicked across the face of goal or went backwards. Gone are those days and as a result you get at least one howler per game. That's modern footy...

The selectors need to show some balls and start playing Keeler as the second tall/chop out ruck. Hayes is too short for that role. We need to get him up to 50 games as soon as possible. He has all the right attributes to succeed in this role. Give him a block of 5 games and see what he can do FFS. We are our own worst enemy by not being brave at the selection table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back