List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we a chance for pick one still? Roos taking the piss at the moment hahaha
I hope not, we would take Trainor over a quality mid.

OTOH North have a hard in for Trainor, if we had one we could get their pick 2 and a very late first or a second like we got from GWS last draft.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

LDU not coming to us next year if north keep playing like this

Performances like this one will help him see the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s pretty much impossible to get a FA mid to come to your club, like I keep saying we’re going to have to draft our way out of this.

We had a terrible start to the year injury wise and are still without our best midfielder (who may not make it back). A number of players have fallen off a cliff Membrey, Ross and the kids are not doing as well as last year. They will all be very good players but they take time.
I think the first part of that statement creates the second part. The drop in output from senior players puts more of the load on to the younger players, who, quite simply, are not at the level yet to take on all of the heavy lifting.

The last three drafts look really good. I'd say that we've done more in three drafts than the previous 12. We usually blew the first round, traded the second out and used late picks on low reward speculative types.
They do look promising but it also looked like we nailed the 2017 draft in 2020 and it was nothing but downhill for that trio since :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just with the Dalrymple conversation.

This is Sydney’s Draft choices. He got to the club in 2018.

The choices from 18-20’ - even allowing for the gifts like Blakey and Gulden are outstanding. This also includes the blown pick of Dylan Stephens at 5.
Outstanding? How?

PS: what's happened to Will Gould?

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

I know, I come and go on the titanic! He could easily be playing in the Keeler CHF spot. The point of the depth wasn’t to suggest they shouldn’t be in the 23, just that they could be while all other missing players needs to be turned over.

Disagree with the big ruck thing, Marshall is a gun and ruck is clearly his best position. Not that having two couldn't work, but anyone worth recruiting would be too big of an investment when those resources could go towards bigger needs like mids and goal kickers. Hill and Wood will be 32 by then so probably depth at best, I think Webster will be done also.

I think the 23 could look like this:

Wilkie ? ?
Sinclair Battle NAS
Wilson Steele ?
Henry Caminiti ?
Higgins King Phillipou
Marshall Windhager ?

Owens, Dow, Schoenmakers, Clark, Butler/Collard

Depth: Stocker, Garcia, Sharman, Heath, Keeler, Hastie, etc.

I think if all five of those question marks were filled with gun players, be it young guys already on the list, recruits or draft picks, we could be a very good side in 2-3 years. The backline in particular if we found upgrades for Howard and Webster could be

I think it depends how marshal is played forward. I think if he plays the Jeramy Cameron role up the field he’d be unreal.
Big Ruck to help our midfield. Marshal is awesome around the ground, but at stoppage his tap work is poor and he hacks it forward which has been pretty ineffective. He can play around the ground as a high half forward. I actually think this would be a key to us contending.

What would Ned Moyl cost?

In my post I was saying what would it take for us to be contending in two years. In that both hill and Wood would be playing, which I think they will be. Both pros, wood only played 130 odd games and hill plays bruise free….

Webster I think we can cover, but Howard I don’t see how we can have a mature defender to replace him in two years. A kid won’t be ready and quality 2m full backs don’t grown in trees. I’m not a Howard fan, but we can’t afford to lose him.
I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I think losing battle would hurt then team less the losing Howard.

I think it depends how marshal is played forward. I think if he plays the Jeramy Cameron role up the field he’d be unreal.
Big Ruck to help our midfield. Marshal is awesome around the ground, but at stoppage his tap work is poor and he hacks it forward which has been pretty ineffective. He can play around the ground as a high half forward. I actually think this would be a key to us contending.

In my post I was saying what would it take for us to be contending in two years. In that both hill and Wood would be playing, which I think they will be. Both pros, wood only played 130 odd games and hill plays bruise free….

Webster I think we can cover, but Howard I don’t see how we can have a mature defender to replace him in two years. A kid won’t be ready and quality 2m full backs don’t grown in trees. I’m not a Howard fan, but we can’t afford to lose him.
I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but I think losing battle would hurt then team less the losing Howard.
The last one is an obvious statement to me. We normally keep Daniher to 2 goals or less but without Dougal he kicks 5. 200cm key backs don’t grow on trees, 192cm third talls you can find anywhere.

He's similar to xerri, the next big thing in waiting.They are not going to want him to leave.

I think Van es gets another year , talls take a while and we haven’t got to see him develop because of injury

Ross will get another year too

I think Byrnes and jones are gone

Think at least 6-7 go and this is the year we try turn over a bit without being damaging just refreshing
I get that with Van Es. Not sure the new regime will be as accomodating for those whose bodies can’t hold up like previous administrations.

I think Byrnes stays as cheap depth. Agree with jones, he might be in trouble. He will get another go somewhere else though.

Yeah fair enough, I guess I'm just not convinced that tap work/ruck craft really matters unless you have someone who's elite at it, which ironically we had with Ryder. That plus his ability as a forward made him a perfect partner for Marshall, but if you don't have those skills I'm not sure it works. I think if we were going to replace Ryder we would have done it already, instead we invested a lot of time into Marshall as solo ruck and I think it stays that way.

I think Moyle is pretty highly rated at this point and would cost a fair bit, Suns would fight very hard to keep him. I do like him though.

I actually don't mind Howard either, just think it's a position worth upgrading if we could recruit someone i.e. the Demons with Steven May. Or just ride it out with him and hope Keeler or Van Es develops into a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back