Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a mini match simulation which horrified some onlookers with Frampton reprising his forward role as he played on the captain.
Fortunately the final match simulation which occurred from wing to wing using more elongated configuration saw him return to defence.
LOL very evocative… but accurate!

Sidey was playing on the wing, so that to me suggests Bytel out or sub
Would they play all of Kreug, johnson and WHE and drop dean? Kreug did the 2nd ruck forward role. Frampton in defence along with Moore. Howe.
BigFooty will need their whips out if they do.

Having quality talls around him might just mean that Ash is ignored by teammates in favour of one of those quality players.
What did I just say about making excuses? Jeez some people… “He needs better support around him” “He was ignored because his team mates were favoured ahead of him”

Which one is it, you can’t have it both ways.

Or maybe… just maybe he’s a bit shit because he doesn’t work hard enough.

Oh and we may see Maynard and Crisp rotate between HB and mid.
At least that's how they trained in match play..
Fabulous. I remember Maynard killing it playing through the midfield briefly against Melbourne in 2017(?). He’ll be keen to make an impression.

Fabulous. I remember Maynard killing it playing through the midfield briefly against Melbourne in 2017(?). He’ll be keen to make an impression.
Will enjoy seeing him smash Viney if it does happen

Frampton trained in defence
Krueger took the 2nd ruck forward role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hallelujah! Frampton is a really good defender and a terrible forward. Sanity has prevailed.

If Reef’s still out, then I suspect AJ will be retained. We need a forward market target - even an unconvincing one - on the field when Krueger is playing in the ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Let’s just see how he goes with another legitimate key forward (Kreuger, not Frampton) and WHE playing beside him. If he doesn’t perform then I might suffice to say he blew his last shot. I’m not a big fan of him so far, but I feel we will only see his true self when he is a 3rd tall option, not 1st/2nd

I doubt that it will ever happen again but I’d like to see AJ playing as 3rd tall alongside Checkers and McStay.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw a bit of training today. Depleted squad, but gee the boys looked sharp. And they’ll need to be too… so many key outs.
Backup mids really stepping up, and Nick was in outstanding form. Talls going to be a slight worry, but backs looking strong.

Few points as follows…

Nick - absolute freak. Kicked loads of goals in the shortened ground drills, as the inside mid pushing forward. Still out working everyone. Kid only knows one speed.

Lipinski - v impressive. So skilful and smart. Also kicked plenty and was in everything, hitting every target, and cruising in the team’s transition drills.

Bobby - electric as ever. Drifting up the ground to help the mids.

Krueger - disappointing. Didn’t win a contest all session, and can now see why Ash was favoured to him. May have to feature, but timing is poor and plays like a VFL player, sadly.

Beau - strong and really stepping up. Knows he has to I’m sure, but was teaming up with Bobby really well.

Moore - fit and firing.

Howe - hitting peak again I reckon. V important for us… but only played back, interestingly.

Sullivan - good… fits in so well. Another who will have to step if we’re to get on top of the demons mids.

Maynard - strong, covering good ground.

Reef seemed to head off early, with Jiath, so reckon he might be emerg only. Interesting.

Josh - everywhere. V happy he is fit atm.

Sidey - looking good.

D Cameron - strong. One of the guys that dominated Freddy in the marking duels.

Harrison - busy, clever, skilful. Featured a lot. Must be playing.

C’mon pies

Saw a bit of training today. Depleted squad, but gee the boys looked sharp. And they’ll need to be too… so many key outs.
Backup mids really stepping up, and Nick was in outstanding form. Talls going to be a slight worry, but backs looking strong.

Few points as follows…

Nick - absolute freak. Kicked loads of goals in the shortened ground drills, as the inside mid pushing forward. Still out working everyone. Kid only knows one speed.

Lipinski - v impressive. So skilful and smart. Also kicked plenty and was in everything, hitting every target, and cruising in the team’s transition drills.

Bobby - electric as ever. Drifting up the ground to help the mids.

Krueger - disappointing. Didn’t win a contest all session, and can now see why Ash was favoured to him. May have to feature, but timing is poor and plays like a VFL player, sadly.

Beau - strong and really stepping up. Knows he has to I’m sure, but was teaming up with Bobby really well.

Moore - fit and firing.

Howe - hitting peak again I reckon. V important for us… but only played back, interestingly.

Sullivan - good… fits in so well. Another who will have to step if we’re to get on top of the demons mids.

Maynard - strong, covering good ground.

Reef seemed to head off early, with Jiath, so reckon he might be emerg only. Interesting.

Josh - everywhere. V happy he is fit atm.

Sidey - looking good.

D Cameron - strong. One of the guys that dominated Freddy in the marking duels.

Harrison - busy, clever, skilful. Featured a lot. Must be playing.

C’mon pies
Did Johnson train with this mob?

I read elsewhere that Freddy was training out of his skin intent to impress and here you say he was disappointing - I gather he was outclassed/beaten in the air. His performance in the VFL last week was good. Be interesting how he goes if selected.

Did Johnson train with this mob?

I read elsewhere that Freddy was training out of his skin intent to impress and here you say he was disappointing - I gather he was outclassed/beaten in the air. His performance in the VFL last week was good. Be interesting how he goes if selected.
Yes Johnson was training with the group.
Didn’t stand out, but links up well in transition. Prob is, we need a marking target…

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back