2024 VFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL team take that into little consideration. Its most likely the Swans request so they go with that.

Good chance for Frankston to get up. I doubt any of the Swans AFL listed players would want to be down by Frankston on a cold Friday night while their teammates stay in Sydney.
Swans request , rubbish

The AFL team take that into little consideration. Its most likely the Swans request so they go with that.

Good chance for Frankston to get up. I doubt any of the Swans AFL listed players would want to be down by Frankston on a cold Friday night while their teammates stay in Sydney.
Doubt the Swans had anything to do with the game's start time being shifted by half an hour. But from what I've heard they were keen to play down here again, especially for a night game. And the Swans vs Carlton game will be shown on TV inside the clubrooms so there's a reasonable chance of getting a fair few Victorian Swans fans to come.

Very much looming as a winnable game after we beat GWS on their home turf, although it'll depend on who's in for the Swans reserves that night. Important game for us to win with away games against Southport, Brisbane, and Werribee not far away.

Can someone clarify for me who pays for the clubs to play interstate?
Is it funded by the AFL? The VFL? AFL Victoria? AFLQ? AFL NSW-ACT?

It's a question I have never asked out aloud before but should have by now.
AFL pay for a certain amount of players, staff to go interstate
From what I've heard at my club, the AFL pays for interstate travel directly.

Correct - Flights, Food, 1x night Accommodation are covered to a cap of about 32 players/staff (could even be less).

VFL doesn't exist, AFL Victoria doesn't fund s**t anymore neither the other two state bodies.

Correct - Flights, Food, 1x night Accommodation are covered to a cap of about 32 players/staff (could even be less).

VFL doesn't exist, AFL Victoria doesn't fund s**t anymore neither the other two state bodies.
Wasn't aware that a night's accommodation was covered, always thought that it was just flights being covered given some of the weird start times when teams play interstate.

Wasn't aware that a night's accommodation was covered, always thought that it was just flights being covered given some of the weird start times when teams play interstate.
Usually the weird times are due to them needing to fly out post game. The norm for most teams is to fly up the day before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back