VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocking first quarter but it looks like we outscored them after QT. Were we actually the better side after QT or did Sydney take their foot of the pedal?

Wasn't going to do a review as I fell asleep during the 1st qtr, but if no one else will? I thought Baker and Garcia were the only ones to put their hand up. Baker actually looked very composed coming out of our back 50 and executed quite well. Took a lot of kick outs and it was hard to fault them. One of the better games I've seen from him.
Garcia I would've liked to see him have a bit more impact outside the contest, thought he fought hard inside the contest both offensively and defensively though.

Clarke had some nice moments but I think he's just too scrappy with his disposal at times. When we were coming in the last qtr he failed to execute a basic 20 -30m meter pass under minimal pressure that was pretty costly in the end. Then further on took a risky option in the center of the ground which may have been ok if he kicked it out on front of his teammate, but kicked it on his head instead. Still feel he has a long way to go and I wasn't a fan of his start to the game from what I can remember of it also.

Busslinger too unusually had some shocking kicks that went straight to ground. Hamling who he was opposed to most of the day kicked 4 goals as well although Ethan Hunt seemed to be a double agent with a couple blatant turnovers he created which didn't help Buss

Poulter won a lot of the ball and gave some run. His disposal is a bit suspect though. Had too many high up and under kicks that really serve little purpose.

Jones worked hard and he was someone I found noticeable defensively. He didn't find enough of it though which is a consistent theme with him.

Smith had a tough day as he was up against 3 rucks, still had some moments. Was worn down in the end and was ineffective when rested up forward.

Rypstra I wasn't even sure was playing. Only came into the game in the 2nd half and did kick a nice crumbing goal.

McNeil had little impact, was a tough day for small forwards.

Footscray has gained eight players for its Round 14 clash against North Melbourne on Saturday afternoon.

The three AFL emergencies in Caleb Daniel, Anthony Scott and Buku Khamis have been included, as has James Harmes, Nick Coffield, Luke Cleary and Jordan Croft.

Diesel Moloney has also been named for his debut VFL outing.
Footscray will look to bounce back from a 27-point defeat to Sydney a fortnight ago, having had the bye last weekend.

The first bounce will be at 2.05pm AEST at Arden Street Oval on Saturday.

The match will be live-streamed via afl.com.au/vfl, with score updates available via @FootscrayVFL on Twitter.

VFL Team | Round 14

North Melbourne v Footscray Bulldogs
Saturday 29 June, 2.05pm AEST
Arden Street Oval, North Melbourne • Wurundjeri

B: C. Clarke (8), J. Croft (16), C. Poulter (25)
HB: A. Scott (28), C. Daniel (35), J. Harmes (22)
C: N. Coffield (17), L. McNeil (30), B. Khamis (24)
HF: D. Orgill (50), C. Craig-Peters (61), L. Smith (40)
F: E. Hunt (56), L. Cleary (36), R. Garcia (38)
R: J. Busslinger (5), K. Rypstra (41), A. Jones (32)
INT: T. Bianco (58), J. Gilbee (69), P. Spicer (63), C. Owen (62), D. Moloney (75)
EMG: J. Kellett (57), B. Crofts (54), C. Smith (55), W. Lewis (64)

Footscray has gained eight players for its Round 14 clash against North Melbourne on Saturday afternoon.

The three AFL emergencies in Caleb Daniel, Anthony Scott and Buku Khamis have been included, as has James Harmes, Nick Coffield, Luke Cleary and Jordan Croft.

Diesel Moloney has also been named for his debut VFL outing.
Footscray will look to bounce back from a 27-point defeat to Sydney a fortnight ago, having had the bye last weekend.

The first bounce will be at 2.05pm AEST at Arden Street Oval on Saturday.

The match will be live-streamed via afl.com.au/vfl, with score updates available via @FootscrayVFL on Twitter.

VFL Team | Round 14

INT: T. Bianco (58), J. Gilbee (69), P. Spicer (63), C. Owen (62), D. Moloney (75)
Good to have a strong team again.
Also excited to see how Diesel goes at the level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL Team | Round 14

If you needed confirmation that Busslinger is leaving, here it is.

Why wouldn’t they play this game at the 11:00 time slot? Get people at Arden st then over to Marvel.
Well mate it’s like this the NMFC is the most hated sporting organisation in Australia that’s why .
In theory why can’t the game be played on Sunday at 2pm at Arden Street or Western Oval could have a $2 coin donation which monies could be giving to the Royal Children Hospital-North Charity and the Bulldogs Charity who ever that is.
But the AFL will never be that smart to have curtain raisers on the same ground especially if North Melbourne are involved.
But to the game hopefully it’s a good game I’d love to be there but will be at Marvel instead.

At this level player development priorities and staff availabilities take priority. If it mattered for fans, fans would have proven that it mattered by actually turning up to games more often (they don't generally)

real unfortunate this clashes with the AFL game...lots of interest, seeing how Coffield shapes up, Harmes unlucky, Cleary FullFoward??

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 VFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back