2025 player moves - ins and outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Vermont wants everything to be seen as above board. I was told if they got busted breaching the salary cap one of the ramifications would be losing their gaming licence. It's all about perception.

There’s other anti-pokies councils who would tell them to sell it or kick them off their ground.

It’s only a matter of time, think they’d be best off getting out while the going is good.

Big rumours floating around with a few issues at South Belgrave, Heath Black has walked along with a few big name players.

Let’s see if there’s any truth to this.

Big rumours floating around with a few issues at South Belgrave, Heath Black has walked along with a few big name players.

Let’s see if there’s any truth to this.
This wouldn't be surprising. I feel like the disappointment of 2 failed years with no GF wins with the stacked team they had would cause a lot of frustration. Teams would be circling the Garner brothers, Tim Smith and a whole lot of other stars for sure.

Haha. Why would they feel the need to mention that?

Maybe he’s doing a 3hr shift at the pub every week for $5000.

He’s been at Montmorency and Sorrento, two of the biggest mercenary clubs in Vic, so clearly he responds to money and doesn’t come cheap.
He is the epitome of many around local football, a total mercenary. Left Upwey Tecoma many years ago when Vermont offered him big coin and then they claimed him as 'their own' home grown product.

Left Montmorency when they decided they wouldn't pay him the money he thought he deserved and the usual suspect in Sorrento came to the party and topped up his superannuation...

Well past his best and going by how he played at Sorrento he isn't worth too much now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the money would have completely run out. I reckon the club would be trying to lower contracts to try and fit in blokes like Dunstan and other potential recruits so they can compete again. But that never goes well.
The money hasn't dried up but one of the main contributors has had a fair bit to say about how the money is being spent/ allocated. A number of guys were given the ultimatum and decided to leave and the coach has finished up. Black was a funny appointment considering his patchy history at previous clubs. E.g. Mooroolbark which didn't end well. I think Black was also going to be used as a potential recruiter based on his name but that didn't eventuate.

Smith and the Garner boys will be there in 2025 but the players that have moved on will namely be in the Outer East and Southern leagues which includes Dunstan who is going to Cheltenham (not that he did much at South).

They will be thereabouts again in 2025.

He is the epitome of many around local football, a total mercenary. Left Upwey Tecoma many years ago when Vermont offered him big coin and then they claimed him as 'their own' home grown product.

Left Montmorency when they decided they wouldn't pay him the money he thought he deserved and the usual suspect in Sorrento came to the party and topped up his superannuation...

Well past his best and going by how he played at Sorrento he isn't worth too much now.

Only 27-28 so wouldnt exactly say well past it

He’s not even 30 yet and he had a dominant year at Sorrento.

Remove this Banner Ad

2025 player moves - ins and outs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back