Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bali and Europe probably followed by some golf when they get back.

Not bad for a team that has finished bottom two for the past 4 years.
Not bad at all.

It was work hard play hard right.

Now it’s just …play hard?

Sure, Xerri, George, LDU, Sheezel, Chom.

Take all the time in the world you need.

You other campaigners though..

Not bad at all.

Sheez has been holiday ing at the club and meeting potential recruits. And probably doing charity unheralded in the side. Possibly curing cancer too.

Not bad at all.

There's a lot of science behind deloading and destressing being beneficial to recovery and gains. Professional athletes all take significant rest periods.

They should turn off for a few weeks and enjoy themselves. Then get back into it refreshed and refocused. For instance, muscles are more highly sensitive post this sort of period and achieve greater hypertrophy/growth following a period of rest.

Being in constantly losing team would be highly stressful. This likely has some negative impact on players health, fitness and recovery.

For all we know this may also be one reason why more successful teams are able to better develop young players coming through their systems. It's definitely a reason why the club would be attempting to make a workplace where players are happy to come to.

There's a lot of science behind deloading and destressing being beneficial to recovery and gains. Professional athletes all take significant rest periods.

They should turn off for a few weeks and enjoy themselves. Then get back into it refreshed and refocused. For instance, muscles are more highly sensitive post this sort of period and achieve greater hypertrophy/growth following a period of rest.

Being in constantly losing team would be highly stressful. This likely has some negative impact on players health, fitness and recovery.

For all we know this may also be one reason why more successful teams are able to better develop young players coming through their systems. It's definitely a reason why the club would be attempting to make a workplace where players are happy to come to.

Not such a dunder head

I know there’s a lot of science regarding the links between diet, sleep and recovery. So as long as they’re ticking those boxes too - go have blast.

And after two weeks changes can occurs whether it’s a regression in endurance or strength.

My point isn’t to say players aren’t entitled to their allocated time off.
But their job requires constant training even if it is at a lower intensity in this down weeks prior to the commencement of pre-season. That’s a fact. And isn’t a negotiable at an elite level of any sport.

I just hope they’re aware of this and how hard they have to work to get to afl standard next year. And I can tell you with absolute certainty, when you’re playing catch up, it’s a lot harder after a significant period of lazy days and drinking.

Show me some clips of even some hiking in the alps nearby the Bavarian region and I’ll be less critical.

My opinion only though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2025 Pre-Season (no sighting of Joel Crocker …yet)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back