Retired #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't have to, we've already established that. You cant force someone to play a game of football. We are confused as to why he is not wanting to? Because from the horses mouth he has said he'd like to play on next year. We have not been informed of a retirement or an injury. If you've got information as to why he's not playing VFL then please share. Otherwise dont be surprised when posters on a public forum will question what's going on.
Right back at you. Why should I not question your uninformed opinion.
All I will say is knowing the person he is and how highly anyone in the club who has had anything to do with him rate him to question his commitment to the club is just rubbish.

Jesus this is really ugly to read

Yes, Heppell has not been as effective as a player over recent years. He’s too nice guy. Too slow. Not demanding enough.

But just give it a rest. Guy has put his body on the line over and over again and done his best through one of the worst eras for any club.

You’d think he’d stolen money from the cheer squad the way you’re going on.

You don’t know why he’s not playing. Maybe he’s sore. Maybe he’s depressed. Maybe he’s been reading big footy.

He’s been a good servant. See the big picture for one second and be respectful.

Yes, Heppell has not been as effective as a player over recent years. He’s too nice guy. Too slow. Not demanding enough.

But just give it a rest. Guy has put his body on the line over and over again and done his best through one of the worst eras for any club.

You don’t know why he’s not playing. Maybe he’s sore. Maybe he’s depressed. Maybe he’s been reading big footy.

Nah retire.

It comes for all players and he shouldn't be an exception.

Right back at you. Why should I not question your uninformed opinion.
All I will say is knowing the person he is and how highly anyone in the club who has had anything to do with him rate him to question his commitment to the club is just rubbish.
Im not sure what you think my opinion is? What part about any of my posts in this thread are you questioning? Where have i in any of my posts questioned his commitment to the club?

Feel free to find out yourself. All I am saying is there are plenty of uninformed opinions floating around based on no information at all .
If I had the information I would post it .
If people can't speculate on a footy forum we might as well shut the place down.

If you're going to tell people they are wrong and not give them the reason why then you'll just sound like an "in da know" flog.

Is this your opinion of his recent years?

None of us know why he's not playing, there has been no announcement of retirement or injury and the season is still live and he wants to play on. Which is why the question is being asked and people are wondering whats going on, same as you've just done here.

How is it disrespectful to question why a player is not playing?

If people can't speculate on a footy forum we might as well shut the place down.

If you're going to tell people they are wrong and not give them the reason why then you'll just sound like an "in da know" flog.
And I do not care .

And I do not care .
You do often lament the culture of the club. What the uninformed masses seem to believe, if I may, is that Dyson is being rested and will have a farewell game if and when we're out of contention. Guess we'll see how uninformed that opinion is if and when that eventuates.

It's frustrating to think one of the guys who can actually be bothered toiling away kicking the dew is going to miss an opportunity at senior selection for someone who, on optics, appears to see it as beneath something they should have to do.

We bemoan the culture and excuse that Brad won't be able to change it over night. I think it's fair to comment on steps he isn't taking to even try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it’s weird he’s not playing VFL, i thought he loved playing footy? what’s the point of the last 15 years if he doesn’t like playing?
To be fair he also said in the pre season that he’s as peace with not winning a final… while still thinking he was best 22 on an afl list.. make of that what you will

Is this your opinion of his recent years?

None of us know why he's not playing, there has been no announcement of retirement or injury and the season is still live and he wants to play on. Which is why the question is being asked and people are wondering whats going on, same as you've just done here.

How is it disrespectful to question why a player is not playing?
It’s the overall tone and you guys know it, so I’m not going to go back and quote you all. You’re riled up, you’re not just asking a question.

Making this guy captain over Goddard set us back a fair way. It’s not solely his fault but the “yeah nah she’ll be right” attitude and lack of genuine desire to win has been passed down the chain to the Parish, McGrath, Redman group, who we once hoped would carry this club out of the mediocrity cycle. The same thing will probably happen to the Martin, Caldwell, Durham group and the drought will keep rolling on.

No farewell game until we are mathematically out of contention.

Re not playing VFL….lets cut the guy some slack. I imagine he’s just been smacked in the face with the reality that his AFL career is over and he’s processing that.

This club.

I cringe the 2nd most embarrassing thing of this year was scott saying its up to heppel if he wants to go on.

Dodo and heppel just write there own terms, that is mediocrity not high performance.

Deserves 1 farewell game against Sydney and applause but does not deserve or we don't owe him another year.

No farewell game until we are mathematically out of contention.

Re not playing VFL….lets cut the guy some slack. I imagine he’s just been smacked in the face with the reality that his AFL career is over and he’s processing that.

He'll get one by virtue of Cox being out (I would argue Hayes should play but we know that won't happen).

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #21: Dyson Heppell - Goodnight, sweet prince. What a legend! 🤙 - 24/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back