Player Watch #23: Shane McAdam – traded from Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Has always been a player. Staying injury free has been his problem. If we can get close to a full season out of him, that's a huge win for our F50. He's quick too. Him, Kozzy and Fritta with Trac floating in will be hard to match up on.

Yeah it could be dangerous if they actually move the ball properly and have some sort of structure. Something we've been calling out for the entire time Goodwin has been there. Here's hoping.

Pickett-JVR-McAdam
Fritsch-Petty-Petracca

With ANB/Chandler/Spargo as options. That's more than good enough to kick a score if allowed to. It's better than the Pies front six in the grand final.

My fave bit is he mentions our culture.

As an aside, I thought the footage of him he looked very nice.

Yes very agile, good burst. If we can get the ball in quick and give him some space to work in one on one he could be a very nice addition.

Yeah it could be dangerous if they actually move the ball properly and have some sort of structure. Something we've been calling out for the entire time Goodwin has been there. Here's hoping.

Pickett-JVR-McAdam
Fritsch-Petty-Petracca

With ANB/Chandler/Spargo as options. That's more than good enough to kick a score if allowed to. It's better than the Pies front six in the grand final.
Nice line-up. Just don't understand how Smith doesn't seem to feature in anyone's forward line selections. :huh:

Thing is he can actually take a hanger.

Tmac can make himself useful and be the step ladder for this bloke in the inevitable pack of 6 players. Could be our competitive advantage come finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of that line up who would you drop for Smith?
well he was our best forward in the finals so pretty much anyone. He was better than JVR by the end of the year. Petracca should never be forward anyway as he can't kick straight. Pickett needs to lift everything after an underwhelming 2023. Smith should slot in anywhere. He can take Petty's spot in that list. And when Petty returns, Petty can always go back if Smith continues to perform.

Out of that line up who would you drop for Smith?
Petracca would be the obvious one, as we lose so much when he's not playing midfield.

But, I'm not suggesting that we play three talls, just that Smith offers so much in the forward line that he should be included in the options.

Petracca would be the obvious one, as we lose so much when he's not playing midfield.

But, I'm not suggesting that we play three talls, just that Smith offers so much in the forward line that he should be included in the options.
Do we? I think we lose more when he's not forward.

Smith has kicked 12 goals for his career – reckon we can probably cool it on him being an irreplaceable piece of our forward line. Good depth player who can cameo in multiple roles, absolutely, but at 28 he isn't going to all of a sudden become a gun key forward.

Wouldn't be banking on him holding down a regular spot, especially with suspension hanging over his head.

Smith has kicked 12 goals for his career – reckon we can probably cool it on him being an irreplaceable piece of our forward line. Good depth player who can cameo in multiple roles, absolutely, but at 28 he isn't going to all of a sudden become a gun key forward.

Wouldn't be banking on him holding down a regular spot, especially with suspension hanging over his head.
We don't win a premiership with Joel Smith in the 22

Petracca is possibly our most dangerous forward. If he can improve his accuracy he'd be unstoppable. He's easily our best 1 on 1 player forward of centre.

well he was our best forward in the finals so pretty much anyone. He was better than JVR by the end of the year. Petracca should never be forward anyway as he can't kick straight. Pickett needs to lift everything after an underwhelming 2023. Smith should slot in anywhere. He can take Petty's spot in that list. And when Petty returns, Petty can always go back if Smith continues to perform.

We looked a far better team with Trac forward last year imo. He was awesome for that 4-5 game patch. He has to spend time in F50 next year, 50/50 split would be ideal.

Trac got a fair portion of his goals from general play, hes fine when he doesnt have time to think about a set shot and kicks at goal in general play.

We looked a far better team with Trac forward last year imo. He was awesome for that 4-5 game patch. He has to spend time in F50 next year, 50/50 split would be ideal.

Trac got a fair portion of his goals from general play, hes fine when he doesnt have time to think about a set shot and kicks at goal in general play.
Danster says some pretty stupid shit lezzbehonest, saying Trac isn't accurate at goal is true, saying you don't trust him is fine. Saying he should never be forward is incredibly stupid. Yeah it's shit he misses 3 set shots straight in front, he's just as likely to kick 2 blinders from a pack and change the momentum of a quarter. He doesn't have that level of impact around the ground imo

4 goals against Brisbane and the Saints.

Some rippers in here, 3 I count as general play coz he played on on the second goal, when he plays on instinct he is our most dangerous forward. Very hard match up for opposition.

That really doesn't make sense
I think if we have Joel Smith in our forward line, we won't win a premiership, as I don't think he is a particualrly good footballer.

I believe our window remains slightly ajar if we have a forward line of, say, Van Rooyen, Petty, Fristch, McAdam, 2 of Petracca/Chandler/Pickett/ANB/Melksham.

It's just my opinion.

Make sense bro?

I think if we have Joel Smith in our forward line, we won't win a premiership, as I don't think he is a particualrly good footballer.

I believe our window remains slightly ajar if we have a forward line of, say, Van Rooyen, Petty, Fristch, McAdam, 2 of Petracca/Chandler/Pickett/ANB/Melksham.

It's just my opinion.

Make sense bro?

The 21st and 22nd best players aren't going to be the difference between if you win a premiership or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back