Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He's where he belongs. Would be nice to see a 5th year 1st round selection actually dominate in the lower level. Spud local top up players who work full time jobs like Lachie Wilson and Matt Clarkson are performing better than limp noodle arms. Realistically if Dow was any good he should be getting 45 touches, 15 clearances and 5 goals.... wait you need to kick over a jam tin to kick an actual goal.... maybe he can handball it through the big sticks like in Gaelic foosball.
As mentioned previously, great to see him back in the side - emergency, sub, interchange. or starter. His absence was noted against Freo and he gets the opportunity to show the RFC that he is worth persisting with. Dimma rated him very highly, imo.

As mentioned previously, great to see him back in the side - emergency, sub, interchange. or starter. His absence was noted against Freo and he gets the opportunity to show the RFC that he is worth persisting with. Dimma rated him very highly, imo.

Mon Contis 12yo sister could replicate Dows magoos efforts, her Grandmother can kick further than him too. Suburban backup, backup mids are outperforming Tiny Tommy chicken wings in the magoos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mon Contis 12yo sister could replicate Dows magoos efforts, her Grandmother can kick further than him too. Suburban backup, backup mids are outperforming Tiny Tommy chicken wings in the magoos.
I feel your pain peeps. I made very early calls on both RCD and CEllis, and was subsequently derided by those who supposedly knew better. I was ultimately proved correct. I just don't think we've seen it all with Thomson. Has the change in coaching staff had a significant negative influence? Hopefully it all clicks in the last few games. We need someone with elite hands. Remember the vitriol directed at Shane Edwards for his kicking in his early to mid career?! Minimise weaknesses, maximise strengths...

Last edited:
Not sure why we all aren't hoping he shows something that makes us want to keep him?
easier to be negative, then claim you were right, or claim you are happy to be wrong if he happens to make it, rather than have genuine hope, what seems like a great kid, might actually make it, or become a good role player for the club moving forward.

Kids either have to be A grade or they're spuds that need to be delisted in some eyes.

easier to be negative, then claim you were right, or claim you are happy to be wrong if he happens to make it, rather than have genuine hope, what seems like a great kid, might actually make it, or become a good role player for the club moving forward.

Kids either have to be A grade or they're spuds that need to be delisted in some eyes.
Im happy to see kids on our list develop and look forward to seeing more of HRS, Gibcus, Mansell, Miller, Ryan, etc.
Good luck to Dow, Cumberland, and Sonsie, but I’ll be shocked if any of them make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back