3 Bomb blasts in Athens !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want pics? go and find them on the net, it will take you all of a few minutes. You want more pics? watch greek news on sbs. Its amazing the lengths that people are heading towards to make fun of greece, i heard some jackass on talk back radio make a funny joke about a steep hole in the middle of the olympic stadium, uhm if he had any clue he would have known that its part of the opening ceremony. Jumping the gun again are we? I think so.

Ridiculous if you ask me. Im telling you many people agree with me.

Basically the way greece organisers the games has nothing to do with Australia. Its up to them, its there responsibility, MEDIA PLEASE STAY OUT OF IT. YOUR GONNA GET EGG ON YOUR FACE.

Originally posted by toulairene
Maybe cos im the only greek on here that can be bothered replying to your crap.

1) never said it was our responsibility. i DONT want the olympics here again. I am just laughing at the fact that the greeks cant get their act together.

2) you are replying to nothing. You are spouting the usual crap, and not answering any question.

But the point is that the greeks have gotten there act together and have had there act together for the past couple of months with huge improvements and your basing your information on australian media crap.

You do realise big footy doesnt even take up 1% of the population. Read other forums, read newspaper editorials, thats where you will find my support.

well, surprisingly enough, i do read other forms of media, and i havent seen the support you are talking about.

Mind you, i dont read provincial greek newspapers either.

On a side note - how many greeks DONT want the olympics??

Quite a few according to some articles.

But, go back and answer the question posed to you, bro

But the point is that the greeks have gotten there act together and have had there act together for the past couple of months with huge improvements and your basing your information on australian media crap.

well, SHOW us then, moron.

post these pics you claim to have seen.

Why cant you even do something as simple as that - even a link to a completed stadium

AP) A Greek government minister said Friday that three bombings in Athens this week were minor incidents and he provided fresh assurances that security measures will be ready to protect the Summer Olympics from terrorism.

"Our plans are very well prepared," George Voulgarakis, minister of public order, said at a news conference. "We have taken into account all the scenarios that the mind can think of."

Voulgarakis was in Washington for meetings this week with U.S. security and intelligence officials. He said he was not given any evidence that al Qaeda or other international terrorist group has an active presence in Greece.

"We do not have terrorist cells in Greece," he said.

The three bomb blasts outside a police station in suburban Athens on Wednesday are believed the work of "local extremists" not connected to the Olympics preparations, Voulgarakis said. Had they exploded months or years ago, he added, they would have attracted little notice outside Greece.

"In Europe, there is a different sense of such kinds of incidents," he said. "If it were not for the Olympic Games, it would not be in the newspapers."

Greece is spending about $1.2 billion to safeguard the Games, set for Aug. 13-19. The International Olympic Committee has taken a $170 million insurance policy against war, terrorism or an earthquake during the event.

During his three-day visit, Voulgarakis met with Homeland Security Department Secretary Tom Ridge, Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage, national security adviser Condoleeza Rice, FBI Director Robert Mueller and CIA Director George Tenet.

At the news conference, Voulgarakis said some 70,000 security personnel will be on duty for the Olympics. He said there have been 30 "test events" for security and eight large readiness exercises, with more than 2,800 police officers trained on a high-tech security system.

NATO will provide air and sea patrols and provide intelligence information. Greece has signed 37 protocols with 22 countries to exchange intelligence and other security information, Voulgarakis said. One outstanding problem, he said, is ensuring that all this intelligence is coordinated so it can be properly analyzed and acted upon.

All security preparations should be ready by July 1, he said.

"We have done a lot of things in a short time," said Voulgarakis, who took office in March after his party won national elections. "The point is, we will be ready."

© MMIV The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

source http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/27/world/main613966.shtml

I thought that greeks and aussies were on the same page but i guess i was wrong. Bloody turncoats

we dont sook like u mate, mate its gonna be ready and ur gonna feel like crap when u know u were wrong. Once more ur 1 of those racist pricks. U dont have interest in the olympics cos ur favourite countries arent hosting it thats y. it wouldnt annoy me 1 bit if they weren't ready but ur just a bit of a moron. Only an arseh*le can laugh at another country before a big event. Greece will shut morons like u up. Y cant u be an aussie? ha, y do u have 2 be a ********. ATHENA 100 DAYS 2 GO. Some advice 2 u evade, if u dont have interest in the olympics keep ur fat mouth shut and stop asking 4 people 2 give u pics of half fixed stadiums. Actually just shut up. Believe it or not there r people here that want the games 2 b a success, ur just 1 of those jealous few who will feel sick inside there bodies when the games r great.

Do you know how little sense you make and how incoherent you are? Go back to school.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the editorial team at The Age are a little kinder on the Greeks than in Sydney?
(Melbourne is the biggest Greek population outside of Athens, remember)

The Sydney journos, by contrast, must have their knives out and waiting for the Athens Olympics to screw up.

Sydney does, after all, boast the tag of 'greatest Olympics ever' and wouldn't like to be upstaged.

Source http://cracker.com.au/Viewthread.aspx?threadid=1069&categoryid=11131

Really am i the only person to be saying stuff? visit other threads peoples cos you view is 1 sided

Whatever, you resposes are sometimes laughable.

so, you cant provide links or pictres, and you have no reason why the IOC suddenly insured this game against the possibility of it failing.

Fair enough. I think your silence speaks far louder than your incoherent ramblings.

well even in europe, some countries are a bit jealous of a 10 million population country that won the rights to the games. I mean Italy has 50 million people and they didnt even come close to us, but the italians have been very supportive. The french are another one of those traitors, we back em up and thay stab us in the back.

Nope funny how you didnt see the updated pics on that same very site. Unfinished stadium huh. Uhm the roof comes up on tuesday and the seats only take another 2 weeks after that to put in. Just wait until next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back