Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry’s tried all year to instigate it. Unfortunately until we get a few more players on the list who DESPISE losing, not much will change because the players who don’t genuinely HATE losing will not be consistent enough for long enough. We also need more of the ‘never give up’ types to take on the players who are letting us down!! All starts with the players.
Correct. But you have to have a starting point. Harry (and his cohort, hopefully) is that point.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Correct. But you have to have a starting point. Harry (and his cohort, hopefully) is that point.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
I know we’ve all said this ad nauseam but it’s just incredible it takes a 19 year old to try and WAKE the bulk of the group up!

Clarko and Harry got their hands full!! Understatement really.

Harry’s tried all year to instigate it. Unfortunately until we get a few more players on the list who DESPISE losing, not much will change because the players who don’t genuinely HATE losing will not be consistent enough for long enough. We also need more of the ‘never give up’ types to take on the players who are letting us down!! All starts with the players.
This is where a respected senior player like Luke Parker would be worth their weight and gold. As much as Harry is mature it’d probably be tough for him to tell call out individuals who aren’t all in whereas I don’t think Parker would have any issues telling anyone to pull their head in.

This is where a respected senior player like Luke Parker would be worth their weight and gold. As much as Harry is mature it’d probably be tough for him to tell call out individuals who aren’t all in whereas I don’t think Parker would have any issues telling anyone to pull their head in.
Totally agree. Thats why Clarko is absolutely desperate to get someone like that! If we can see it, can you imagine Clarko! He has to live and breathe our ‘leadership’ group daily.

It would be invaluable for Harry, George and co to watch a Parker go about it. I recently heard Harry speak about how crucial Shiels was for him. I hope we can pull it off.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 23 AFL RS/NM SBM, AFLPA BYP, '24 AA squad, '24 AFLCA BYP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back