AFL Player #31: Zach Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eDPS and ant555 would know more than me

Ok for around the ground stuff but no real ruck craft, key back or forward will be his go
He was tall so as eDPS says not a lot of craft but decent around the ground as despite his lack of genuine pace he is still mobile and does not just chug around. I would see him as a forward second ruck . I know his for is KPD but IMO he will not be a FB at his weight and it will take ages at this rate and he lacks the speed to be a reliable intercept despite him reading the play well.

Its a good size with his apparent height now which looks bigger than 205 in some of the photos (would love to see him next to the rucks)

He at absolute worse could be kept on as a 3rd ruckman developing

I still think he makes it in some capacity. Not many top 10s in recent years have not

We'll see. Glad he's on the park but heard that multiple times with multiple players.

As it stands it seems like we've used a top 10 pick on a project player defender. Still seems like pretty stupid drafting.

Here's hoping we get plenty of senior footy into him in 2024.
To some degree all players were project players in that draft given the lack of exposure.

We'll see. Glad he's on the park but heard that multiple times with multiple players.

As it stands it seems like we've used a top 10 pick on a project player defender. Still seems like pretty stupid drafting.

Here's hoping we get plenty of senior footy into him in 2024.
Problem was that whole draft was a project draft given they only played a handful of top age games . Most are proving slow developers.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #31: Zach Reid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back