Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind walker, he would be quite a good player if he played in a strong team.
Nah, he was well worked out in the end. Teams would let him get the ball and then sweat on him. Champ bloke, warrior but he would be poor in any team nowadays.

Nah, he was well worked out in the end. Teams would let him get the ball and then sweat on him. Champ bloke, warrior but he would be poor in any team nowadays.

Well, we need that 2nd key forward quickly so if pink doesn't work out, then teake must come in.

Thought he did alright today.
Same. He's obviously no world beater but he took a couple of useful grabs up the ground which ultimately made space for the rest of the team. Still not sure if his bad kicking forward is intrinsic or nerves but I think he's doing okay as a role player.

Same. He's obviously no world beater but he took a couple of useful grabs up the ground which ultimately made space for the rest of the team. Still not sure if his bad kicking forward is intrinsic or nerves but I think he's doing okay as a role player.

And i think that's exactly what a good coaches do, i.e. setup role players to do a job out of ordinary players who wouldn't get a game when all is equal.

Should have kicked that goal. But otherwise was pretty serviceable

There's a role there for him as a "do your job" 3rd tall swingman.

In a strange way the fact he plays with no tricks is an asset. You can structure with 1-2 talls, a rotation of mad bastards like Zurhaar and Curtis and have Pink as a pretty regulation leading/space clearing target.

Has good hands and think his kicking is decent when nerves aren't getting in the way.

Pink in Nostra’s mind

Kevin Brown GIF by Salford Red Devils

No worse than Billy Frampton who played in a flag.

As long as he contests and takes a few marks, he does his job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I go between thinking he must be the worse KPF playing in the comp and loving him. There's something cultish about him. He's actually quite good at everything but marking and kicking for goal. He pressures well and is clean and keeps the ball moving quickly. He also creates a consistent front and centre, similar to how Petrie used to when his only intent was bringing it to ground.

Gets a tick next to his name for this week and his name written on the white board for the next. He's giving himself a foundation to build from, and it sounds like it will be a bit before a challenger from the 2's pops up properly, so hopefully he gets a nice solid block of games and makes enough of them that he can be holding that spot when the talls in the VFL come knocking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back