Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish we had of selected Vlastuin like Macintosh, under the radar, Why we had to tell the world weeks out we wanted V i have NFI AND WAS INCREDIBLY ARROGANT TELLING EVERYONE WHO WE WERE CHASING:thumbsdown:
Relax dude.. It's going to be ok..

No idea who this is :confused:
There was, across every club, a hell of a lot of these 'who the....?' picks in this draft
Clubs looking very laterally from the mid-20s onwards.

Interesting Richmond went (bar Vlastuin) pretty hard after talls. Smart though, I think - just won't see the benefits for a little while yet but always good to have stocks. You can chase smalls later on, since there's more of them around.

There was, across every club, a hell of a lot of these 'who the....?' picks in this draft

Interesting Richmond went (bar Vlastuin) pretty hard after talls. Smart though, I think - just won't see the benefits for a little while yet but always good to have stocks. You can chase smalls later on, since there's more of them around.
Apart from Mac2 (McBean), the other 2 Macs wouldn't have longer than normal development times. Could see some benefits from the other 2 in years 2 and 3. It'll be interesting to see whether McIntosh trains with the defenders (for grounding purposes) or with mids (as surely he is going to play a wing role very similar to Grigg)

I've watched his highlights a few times now and I know there the best bits but I could'nt find a fault with him. Moves well, reads the play, great foot skills. Does anyone know if there are any knocks on him at all ?? I'm very excited by what I have seen off Kamdyn.

I've watched his highlights a few times now and I know there the best bits but I could'nt find a fault with him. Moves well, reads the play, great foot skills. Does anyone know if there are any knocks on him at all ?? I'm very excited by what I have seen off Kamdyn.

I agree, not to mention that he looks like a quality kid off field as well. As for Knocks, apparently if you check the "Welcome Matt McDonough" thread you may find something. (This is Kamdyn's thread so I'll leave it at that).

actually the club doesnt think they are talls. they see kam as a tall winger so only mcbean is a tall so to speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, probably going to be his (and Richmonds) biggest challenge. I bet he wished he was actually picked up by a WA club, not that he'd probably say.
Hope it works out for him and his family. Maybe our WA scouts can fill his shoes.

Probably the most unique of Draftee cases I've come across.

i work with this kids grandfather and he just told me today he'd been picked up by the tigers
for what its worth the old blokes about 75 and as spritely as anyone half his age
so longevity and endurance should be no problem

Good to hear! He comes across as that Andrew Embley type player! Is there anything else you can tell us about Kamdyn? A lot of guys are very excited about him coming to Tigerland!

Appears to have shrunk 4cm in the past month which is a bummer.
If this continues he will be our shortest player by the time the season starts

Listed as 188cm on the rfc website

Round 1
Kamdyn McIntosh
Was a little down on the form he’d displayed during the pre-season with his run-and-carry. Did, however, win some terrific one-on-one contests, and improved as the game wore on.

Can't find round 2 Coburg report
Did not play round 3 I think

Kamdyn McIntosh
Was good in his role across half-back. Defended well all day and had a season-high 24 touches.

Round 5
Kamdyn McIntosh
Played a good role across half-back. Continues to find the ball and beat his opponent in the one-on-one contests. Will look to play him through wing at some stage in the next couple of weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back