Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what he sees on his locker every day :hearts:
kamdynweb-jpg.33218

Anyone heard anything about how he's settling in ? Given his strong connection to family I'd be a little concerned about the homesickness factor. He seems to be developing nicely from what I've heard...

A bit of an obscure bump, but where is this guy at? Rumour was last year he grew to the same height as Rance. I remember being really impressed by his highlights. I know he's only a second year player, but is he likely to get a look in any time soon?

I only ask because from what I have seen of Batchelor (last two years), O'Hanlon, Helbig and to a lesser Arnott, i can't see either of these three being 100 game players for the tiges.

A bit of an obscure bump, but where is this guy at? Rumour was last year he grew to the same height as Rance. I remember being really impressed by his highlights. I know he's only a second year player, but is he likely to get a look in any time soon?

I only ask because from what I have seen of Batchelor (last two years), O'Hanlon, Helbig and to a lesser Arnott, i can't see either of these three being 100 game players for the tiges.
Can't remember seeing him in the bests too often recently so maybe playing just not ready to be brought to senior level yet.

He will not make it. In fact he was never going to make it.

Yes he will, he just needs time and opportunity. Loves a long goal and when he's on he finds plenty of time and space.

Lots of upside with this kid.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come? Tbh I haven't seen him play at all

He's not the gorilla. He's the long striding, gut runner. At his best, he uses it with composure and skill, linking through the midfield and finishing off his work with long kicking.

Think Andew Embley.

He's not the gorilla. He's the long striding, gut runner. At his best, he uses it with composure and skill, linking through the midfield and finishing off his work with long kicking.

Think Andew Embley.
Production not that great so far and not consistent enough. Didn't really look that composed and skillful in the NAB Cup.

McIntosh isn't ready, if he played AFL he would make too many mistakes and everyone would want him delisted

The purpose of our VFL squad is to get these guys ready for elevation, when they're ready they'll get their shot

The VFL team has existed for 7 weeks, give it time

Production not that great so far and not consistent enough. Didn't really look that composed and skillful in the NAB Cup.

That's why I said "at his best". Clearly he had issues ajusting to the pace of the game. Remember Lennon was shit in that game as well.

Last edited:
McIntosh isn't ready, if he played AFL he would make too many mistakes and everyone would want him delisted

The purpose of our VFL squad is to get these guys ready for elevation, when they're ready they'll get their shot

The VFL team has existed for 7 weeks, give it time

THIS, so much THIS.

We are following the Geelong model with our kids that are not clear cut guns that can adapt to AFL straight away. We are making them develop to our system in the ressies and earn there place. We have had only 7 weeks of it. The impact we will get from our system would start at the earliest next year IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back