Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't get involved enough and let's be honest consistency and injuries a issue trade bait and some goes for Short both expendable.
He gets involved heaps when you understand he's a defensive player. Does Grimes get involved enough?

He gets involved heaps when you understand he's a defensive player. Does Grimes get involved enough?

Different positions mate Grimes is a defender stopper interceptor not your Rance type attacking to.

Defensive player his numbers a down for tackles and pressure to simple fact is consistency is not there either.

Different positions mate Grimes is a defender stopper interceptor not your Rance type attacking to.

Defensive player his numbers a down for tackles and pressure to simple fact is consistency is not there either.
Yeah, he played with an injury all year.

Taranto & Hopper confirm that we don't see Graham in our future midfield. If we want to use him on the outside or forward line i'd rather we use Banks/Juddy next year. They have much bigger scopes.

Move him on

Still think about putting him on a hff.
.reckon his running power. Tackling. Hardness was missed

No way i would be getting rid of him unless its way overs

He is really our only defensive foward with the ability to run with players

We have enough picks to get this done and he will be a free agent next year and if he wanted to move the Crows will pay overs as a Free Agent
When does he do this, almost never, Richmond rarely play a run with player. Graham gets most of his possessions running the lines from half back to half forward. Adds pressure round the ball at stoppages but as his career clearance numbers suggest 1.88 per game, he rarely gets first hands on the ball with a pretty low contest possession average of 6.

He is a good player and plays his role well but for years he has been in the bottom 6 players in the side and has not really upped that since he started. Reckon his position is tenuous when and if the GWS boys arrive.

It’s going to be hard to fit him in the side if we are able to facilitate a trade for both Hopper and Taranto.

But getting both the GWS boys makes his importance in the side that much greater in my opinion.

Once you’ve got your core set, what will set you apart from every other team is your role players and how well they play their role.

We need pressure mids. Contested ball and clearances can be handled by others now. But keeping the ball in the contest, or forcing ‘dirty balls’ when the opposition kicks it forward and the heavy body in stoppages is paramount to structure and overall success. Graham is the best pressure mid in the game; needs to be kept and needs to play.

It’s going to be hard to fit him in the side if we are able to facilitate a trade for both Hopper and Taranto.

But getting both the GWS boys makes his importance in the side that much greater in my opinion.

Once you’ve got your core set, what will set you apart from every other team is your role players and how well they play their role.

We need pressure mids. Contested ball and clearances can be handled by others now. But keeping the ball in the contest, or forcing ‘dirty balls’ when the opposition kicks it forward and the heavy body in stoppages is paramount to structure and overall success. Graham is the best pressure mid in the game; needs to be kept and needs to play.
you can't be serious. most of his hard running is chasing blokes he rarely catches. inability to kick over 50m, can't take a contested mark, wide turning circle and injuries have him in no mans (depth only) land.

you can't be serious. most of his hard running is chasing blokes he rarely catches. inability to kick over 50m, can't take a contested mark, wide turning circle and injuries have him in no mans (depth only) land.
Graham is a link man and very important to our structure, he has been very important in the finals he has played shutting down oppo mids and kicking clutch long goals. He appears to carry injuries through the season which has effected his output and would be seen as an important senior player and possible captain material. I expect his performance to improve going forward with the inclusion of a good runner in Tarranto. DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE KNOCKERS

Jack Graham led the league in pressure acts in 2019, top 5 in 2020, lead again in 2021 and was 12th in 2022 despite playing with turf toe for 75% of the season.

From a statistical standpoint, Graham is undoubtedly a top 5 pressure mid in the game and by far the best at Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Graham has been HFF for years, rarely enters the square, crucial for our pressure game, can we end the discussion he isn't best 22 and is getting traded please and thank you

Graham plays the Lambert role for us now
Ross seemed to be doing it a bit towards the end of the season? Sonsie has also shown he can play half forward and Judson has been named specifically as being groomed to replace Lambert. Ralphsmith has all the tools too.

I like Graham but If a decent offer came in for him we'd have to consider it if we are getting Hopper and Taranto who are both much more defensively minded than Dusty and Bolton. I just don't think he'd be missed that much.

Graham is a link man and very important to our structure, he has been very important in the finals he has played shutting down oppo mids and kicking clutch long goals. He appears to carry injuries through the season which has effected his output and would be seen as an important senior player and possible captain material. I expect his performance to improve going forward with the inclusion of a good runner in Tarranto. DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE KNOCKERS

He is a good clutch player. Makes good decisions under pressure in finals to. That kick for goal that hit the post in the final was unlucky

Jack Graham has been HFF for years, rarely enters the square, crucial for our pressure game, can we end the discussion he isn't best 22 and is getting traded please and thank you
give us a best 22 then?? and consider HRS, Banks, Clark and Stack have huge preseasons and the 2 giants come across. id love to see it.

give us a best 22 then?? and consider HRS, Banks, Clark and Stack have huge preseasons and the 2 giants come across. id love to see it.
Graham, Sonsie, Ross & Gibcus are our 23-26th players. No team has no injuries but I doubt that any team would have something like those 4 as next in line for a spot in the 22.

If we were wanting to move Graham on this would not be far off the mark but given he is a required player we would no doubt require overs

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back