Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If TT and Hopper come over I think Short could end up in the VFL for some games next year. Dan has his old position covered and Short isn’t a midfielder’s a-hole.
If we get both giants players, I'd play Short on the Kmacs wing kmac and Graham in the VFL.

If we get both giants players, I'd play Short on the Kmacs wing kmac and Graham in the VFL.
Kmac is a gun mate,

He plays his role to perfection weekly. Need to add another gear to his game, but hos running capacity is elite.

Short playing a half forward role is something I'd consider. I want the ball in his hands kicking inside 50.

Kmac is a gun mate,

He plays his role to perfection weekly. Need to add another gear to his game, but hos running capacity is elite.

Short playing a half forward role is something I'd consider. I want the ball in his hands kicking inside 50.
Thats his best position going forward i rkn, high hf. That kick into the 50 or long goal range. Hes a nice kick, flat and long but its so often to no one off hb. At least his ****ing howitzer leg will be putting it deep in our f50.

If TT and Hopper come over I think Short could end up in the VFL for some games next year. Dan has his old position covered and Short isn’t a midfielder’s a-hole.
A bit harsh. He led the possession count by a mile, metres gained by a mile, inside 50's same again. I read it on here but can't find the post.
The thing about Short is under pressure he can still roost it forward 50m as opposed to Cotchin for example who hacks it 20-30m these days.

Yes he failed in the final, but this is his first season as a mid and if we get the GWS boys then his outside game will become far more important.

Thats his best position going forward i rkn, high hf. That kick into the 50 or long goal range. Hes a nice kick, flat and long but its so often to no one off hb. At least his ******* howitzer leg will be putting it deep in our f50.
Yeah half forward and taking the odd kick out of the oppos kick a behind if we are getting a lot of repeat entry’s against us just to keep the oppo forwards from trapping the ball in our back half just clear the zones completely so we can reset higher up the ground

Kmac is a gun mate,

Playing his role to perfection. In the same manner George played his role to perfection? Kmac can mark and goal, just doesn't do it enough. I want to see more of that from the team. saw RFC bow out of finals.
I want to see more talent on the field. Wing is the obvious spot to play a Hugo or Short. If they spud it up bring back kmac or Graham

Playing his role to perfection. In the same manner George played his role to perfection? Kmac can mark and goal, just doesn't do it enough. I want to see more of that from the team. saw RFC bow out of finals.
I want to see more talent on the field. Wing is the obvious spot to play a Hugo or Short. If they spud it up bring back kmac.
George ran into an open goal and missed

Has Kmac ever done that? Kmac is a role player, but when it's his time to step up, he does. Has kicked some important goals for us

Not everyone in our team needs to be a match winner.

But kmac is the perfect player to mould into a tagger , great running power, big and strong, excellent endurance, definitely needs to add more to his game, because picketts overhead marking on the wing >>> kmacs running power.

Now with Taranto and Hopper, along with guys like Ross, sonsie and even gibcus getting better, kmac is clearly 18-22 on our best players, and can easily be knocked out our best 22. He will need to work hard on his game this off season to keep his spot.

Jack Graham is the same, they could be Soldo'd- we've seen Soldo and Castagna pushed out by Ross, Sonsie and Miller. Could easily see Kmac and Graham knocked out for Taranto and Hopper

Isn’t Rioli playing houli type role? Can’t see why short can’t move back to defence with Rioli (houli).

Sorry just realised this is the Graham thread.

Kmac is a gun.... give me a spell... If he was at another club we would laugh...

Does he give his all? YES
Does he run all Day? YES
Does he appear like a great club man? YES

But at the end of the day, he doesn't beat his opponents often enough, he runs all day because he's often chasing arse, and he turns it over a lot.

Don't get me worng, I love Kmac, but I also recognise he is the type of player we need to replace to become better... And could easily replace him on a wing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kmac is a gun.... give me a spell... If he was at another club we would laugh...

Does he run all Day? YES

But at the end of the day, he doesn't beat his opponents often enough, he runs all day because he's often chasing arse, and he turns it over a lot.

Don't get me worng, I love Kmac, but I also recognise he is the type of player we need to replace to become better... And could easily replace him on a wing
100 per cent on the mark, albeit an unpopular view on here where most think playing in a premiership guarantees you life membership, a game until you retire and a politician style superannuation.
Love KMac but exactly the type we need to upgrade to bounce back!

Does he run all Day? YES

MacIntosh rarely turns it over and actually kicks the ball well these days. His kicking is easily the most improved part of his game, hits some pretty good passes that he would never have dreamed about going for a few years ago.

Last edited:
I want to see more talent on the field. Wing is the obvious spot to play a Hugo or Short. If they spud it up bring back kmac or Graham

I think Dimma likes his wingman to be able to get back and help defensively in the air. KMac and Pickett are defensive one on one beasts .
We can score at will at the moment. We need to stiffen up defensively and that hopefully may come from our midfield.?

Personally I haven’t been this happy with our wings since Wood and Walsh.

Last edited:
George ran into an open goal and missed

Has Kmac ever done that? Kmac is a role player, but when it's his time to step up, he does. Has kicked some important goals for us

Not everyone in our team needs to be a match winner.

But kmac is the perfect player to mould into a tagger , great running power, big and strong, excellent endurance, definitely needs to add more to his game, because picketts overhead marking on the wing >>> kmacs running power.

Now with Taranto and Hopper, along with guys like Ross, sonsie and even gibcus getting better, kmac is clearly 18-22 on our best players, and can easily be knocked out our best 22. He will need to work hard on his game this off season to keep his spot.

Jack Graham is the same, they could be Soldo'd- we've seen Soldo and Castagna pushed out by Ross, Sonsie and Miller. Could easily see Kmac and Graham knocked out for Taranto and Hopper
Graham a better tagger option I think. But do we select a designated tagger or just play Neale like the Cats did? Kmac did play in the backline at times. 2016? can't remember the year.
Someone else's 2023 RFC team. Pretty much agree with it. We need more mental toughness.. to turn close losses into wins..

FB: Robbie Tarrant, Noah Balta, Nathan Broad
HB: Nick Vlastuin, Dylan Grimes, Daniel Rioli
C: Jayden Short, Tim Taranto, Kamdyn McIntosh
HB: Shai Bolton, Jack Riewoldt, Maurice Rioli
F: Dustin Martin, Tom Lynch, Noah Cumberland
R: Toby Nankervis, Dion Prestia, Jacob Hopper
INT: Liam Baker, Ben Miller, Marlion Pickett, Trent Cotchin, Tyler Sonsie
EMERG: Josh Gibcus, Jack Ross, Jack Graham, Hugo Ralphsmith

Graham a better tagger option I think. But do we select a designated tagger or just play Neale like the Cats did? Kmac did play in the backline at times. 2016? can't remember the year.
Someone else's 2023 RFC team. Pretty much agree with it. We need more mental toughness.. to turn close losses into wins..

if we played neale like the scats did he would've got 12 frees and 6 50's

That team is so stacked. If all of that comes to pass then I don't remember ever seeing a Richmond list look that good in my lifetime

100 per cent on the mark, albeit an unpopular view on here where most think playing in a premiership guarantees you life membership, a game until you retire and a politician style superannuation.
Love KMac but exactly the type we need to upgrade to bounce back!

I'm guessing banks or (and?) Brown were projected to give compeition to Pickett and macca.

Hopefully both kids have big pre season

Sonsie looks inside to me

That team is so stacked. If all of that comes to pass then I don't remember ever seeing a Richmond list look that good in my lifetime

Banks. 19. .
Bauer. 20.
Clarke. 18.
Colina. 23.
Rcd. 22.
Dow. 20.
Mansell. 23.
Nyuon. 21.
Ryan. 21.
Soldo. 26.
Stack. 22.
George. 26.

I would be very surprised if that is the best 22 or 23 going forward.

Have to think with that side. Tarrant, Broad, Short and Baker are not solid. Gibcus with a good preseason, Graham, Ralphsmith with further development, Brown, Banks and RCD would be pushing not to mention Ross as well apart from Ryan and other shoots.

What sticks to guys like McIntosh and Pickett is versatility apart from competitiveness. This could help others like Gibcus, Brown and Banks amongst others because they are capable of playing a few roles in different areas.

In theory we could have different players in with a lot more versatility and run and defensive capability across the field making us a stronger combo

Continuity is important in the backline but so is capability there and across the field. If a guy like Gibcus can slip into the forward line and be dangerous even if sparingly, from a more usual defensive role, it makes us clearly more dangerous obviously.

One only has to look at the importance of run and energy for the Pies nearly snatching it against the Swans in the last qtr

With different mixes it might mean other players are not as solid as they think either meaning everyone needs to be on their game to make it and progress

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back