Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker is best 18 easily. Anyone having him on bench or not making the side are in dreamland.
Bench is irrelevant these days for non KPPs, they all rotate regardless of whether they start on or off.

At the right price, wouldn't be against losing him as can be covered.
But not a player you'd want to lose for cheap because they want more opportunity or to go home. In theory, he should be coming into his prime, will start next season 25 years old with 97 games under his belt, should be just about his best years over the next 2-4 seasons.

I'd entertain it for a KPF type option, but not too keen on some random 2nd rounder in this situation, unless it was a good one.

Which position does he play on the field that he’s so important to? HFF?

What he does is produce huge amounts of pressure and constantly involved in contests and link up plays. A lot of what he does is getting from spot to spot, whether that is rewarded or not. He makes it harder for he opposition to get the ball out cleanly and to move it cleanly. He provides us with an outnumber in contests and another option in link up play.

So, for a position, Lambos HFF role or a rotation in the midfield.

But the thing is that when he plays we are more competitive and when he doesn't we are less competitive. That is a highly valuable player

Can't see Marshall being involved and Georgiadis sounds like he will only go West. Given that Port don't have 2nd round pick, if it happens, it must be the Compo pick for Amon. Could be 19/20? Surely they don't give that over for Junior Rioli?

At the right price, wouldn't be against losing him as can be covered.
But not a player you'd want to lose for cheap because they want more opportunity or to go home. In theory, he should be coming into his prime, will start next season 25 years old with 97 games under his belt, should be just about his best years over the next 2-4 seasons.

I'd entertain it for a KPF type option, but not too keen on some random 2nd rounder in this situation, unless it was a good one.

I also agree is a player of value we can afford to lose, Ross did a better job in his role at the end of the year IMO, and Graham was rarely used as a genuine onballer this year when we were depleted in that role, so goes further back in that rotation next year.

I'd look at a swap of firsts this year, and a swap of seconds next year. Gives us Pick 9 this year which should be enough on its own for Hopper.

Gives us the option for Next years first and 19 for Taranto, or Next years first, 30 and a player; means at worst case we keep two decent 2nd rounders this year and next, ideally 19 this year and mid 20's next year.

As nearly everyone else, I like Jack Graham. But I like Taranto and Hopper more, but I hate that our draft hands for the next two years might be effectively wiped out. And we do need to draft a high quality developing tall to replace Riewoldt.

If by trading Graham to Port and they pass on for example the Amon compensation pick to us and it just so happens to be at the end of the first round, then I'm all for it. Likewise if Georgiadis goes to West Coast and they pass on what they get for him to us. He has until this year been first 22, either way pick 53 aint going to cut it.

I think he is 'gettable' but he is not tradebait, so Port would have to find a way to make it worth our while. Taranto, Hopper and getting or preserving a first round(ish) pick for either this year or next for a young key forward would be a pretty amazing result.

if it gets the Hopper deal across the line then do it. so pick 19 and a future 1st for Hopper and we stay in the draft with a late first-rounder for Jack.

Then trade that late first to the lions for a future 1st :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't want to lose JGTI. We'd need a lot of compo to get this deal done.

He isn't threatened by the Giants coming in. I suspect that this is just clubs seeing 2 mids coming in and thinking, 'we want a Jack Graham at our club so let's ask'.

Hope the Tigers say ' No! How does that sound. OK maybe if we get a top 10 pick. Oh you don't like that, maybe 2 top 20 picks.' Now go away.

Port have a lot of decent players IMO, as I tend to watch them a lot. They're underrated in Victoria (Amon a perfect example).

Graham is a lot better than Amon in my eyes. Graham is clutch and Graham, keeps his head in finals and if anything gets better which is a very valuable trait. Coaches chase players like Graham because they rise to the occasion in finals and he is a Larke medalist so is not fodder

I am open to Graham going to Port but the compo needs to be real.

Need a late first or close to coming back in the context of being used for the Hopper/Taranto trade.

I am not fussed over our forward line. Our forwards are fine and options will present in the future in terms of when replacements are needed. We have enough time without jumping the gun and I aware some posters here seem overly anxious

I would rather we keep pick 19 this year though

Last edited:
Whoa he's ahead of:.

Vlastuin. Rioli. Short.

Pickett. Macca.

Bolton. Cumberland. MRJ. ?

Baker is not in my 18 at the moment.

In fact if he was traded to West Coast for good compo, would not be against it either respectfully. I rate Baker and like him and his attitude, his desperation is inspiring for sure, but I do not do cartwheels like other posters do over him.

I do not think West Coast/Freo have the picks but Port may not either so it might come down to trade possibilities if anything eventuates

Last edited:
What he does is produce huge amounts of pressure and constantly involved in contests and link up plays. A lot of what he does is getting from spot to spot, whether that is rewarded or not. He makes it harder for he opposition to get the ball out cleanly and to move it cleanly. He provides us with an outnumber in contests and another option in link up play.

So, for a position, Lambos HFF role or a rotation in the midfield.

But the thing is that when he plays we are more competitive and when he doesn't we are less competitive. That is a highly valuable player

Doesn’t impact as a mid, doesn’t impact as a wing, doesn’t impact as a forward, so has to provide pressure to make up for his lack of impact.

We should take what we can get

I don't rate a lot of their list, there are reasons why they have not reached the pinnacle in recent years
what about wines

dimma can put him on the fruitarian weight loss diet and play him off half back to learn the craft

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back