Analysis 37.17.239

Remove this Banner Ad

Max Milburn

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2018
Hobbiton, Tasmania
AFL Club
Geelong
New rules promised us a return to higher scoring.
So far, not much has progressed on that front.
Are we ever likely to see our long-standing record broken?
How many would Hawkins have to kick to be a part of 37.17.239 scoreline?

The games 20 minutes shorter now,that makes it hard.I was there for that it was like an old fashion country game,we were chatting with Billy over the fence in the goal square at times,John Hutton (who you say) kicked 8 goals straight for the Bears out of their 11 it was my boys introduction to the Cats and AFL footy,one special evening watching Ablett streaming forward off the wing.

Playing time for a quarter amended to 20 minutes plus time-on instead of 25 minutes plus time-on

The games 20 minutes shorter now,that makes it hard.I was there for that it was like an old fashion country game,we were chatting with Billy over the fence in the goal square at times,John Hutton (who you say) kicked 8 goals straight for the Bears out of their 11 it was my boys introduction to the Cats and AFL footy,one special evening watching Ablett streaming forward off the wing.

Playing time for a quarter amended to 20 minutes plus time-on instead of 25 minutes plus time-on
From memory, it used to be 25mins plus 1min per goal scored

Nowadays it's 20mins uninterrupted play.

Goes to show how bloody good the 186 game was....

Was just thinking the same thing: with about 20 minutes less playing time we came within one goal of breaking the record. If both scores were averaged out to account for the difference in time, the 186 game is actually a better achievement than the 239 game

Was just thinking the same thing: with about 20 minutes less playing time we came within one goal of breaking the record. If both scores were averaged out to account for the difference in time, the 186 game is actually a better achievement than the 239 game

Equaled the goals with less time, and played the last 10 minutes in the dark.
I'm pretty sure the vfl team kicked 25+ goals aswell, I wonder if that's a record with them combined (same day same ground).

Equaled the goals with less time, and played the last 10 minutes in the dark.
I'm pretty sure the vfl team kicked 25+ goals aswell, I wonder if that's a record with them combined (same day same ground).

Would absolutely have to come close, according to the results the 2's kicked 31 goals, totalling 68 for the day.

I'm not sure if anyone's ever gone through the stats and added up the 2's and seniors goals from the one day actually. Might be hidden somewhere in an AFL Season Guide book

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_20190617_150716_01__01.jpg

Oh and also this. My favourite thing beyond Ricardi's haircut and Wills giant ****ing head is that Blighty is wearing a playing uniform. I always throughout baseball was the only game where the coach (manager) rolled out in full playing kit. I wonder if he had the shorts and boots on too!

From memory, it used to be 25mins plus 1min per goal scored

Nowadays it's 20mins uninterrupted play.

Back in the 25 minute quarter days the clock didn't stop when the ball went out of bounds or the umpire called a ball up. The only time the clock stopped was when there was a score or when the umpire signaled time-on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 37.17.239

Remove this Banner Ad

Back