Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of tripe as he behaved responsibly in terms of the laws why the blood rule was introduced, otherwise their wouldn't be any. I honestly believe any player staying on the ground bleeding should instantly be fined for being so selfish and irresponsible for putting themselves at risk depending on the cause and for putting others at risk for they maybe carrying something nasty.
Get educated on the matter rather than looking for another boot to kick into NIWL. We all know he's on tender hooks, but ffs using that as an excuse is ridiculous.

Technically yes he did follow the rule.....
Rules are meant to be pushed in a extremely competitive environment and what I am saying, is that I think he he was soft for running off the ground before he was told to do so.

Technically yes he did follow the rule.....
Rules are meant to be pushed in a extremely competitive environment and what I am saying, is that I think he he was soft for running off the ground before he was told to do so.
So behaving irresponsible and selfish is the right call. We were 12 goals down, he was hit near the head and with all the concussion protocols it's possible a runner or teammate told him to go off. Your point is weak as he did everything responsible and was team oriented as it also allowed another player to come on.

What a load of tripe as he behaved responsibly in terms of the laws why the blood rule was introduced, otherwise their wouldn't be any. I honestly believe any player staying on the ground bleeding should instantly be fined for being so selfish and irresponsible for putting themselves at risk depending on the cause and for putting others at risk for they maybe carrying something nasty.
Get educated on the matter rather than looking for another boot to kick into NIWL. We all know he's on tender hooks, but ffs using that as an excuse is ridiculous.

theyll make any excuse to hate on cumbo

theyll make any excuse to hate on cumbo
It's bizarre it's a footy forum so discuss what he dishes up on the field and preferably when he doesn't come on when we're 12 goals down and playing absolute shithouse. I reckon had he stayed on and some doggy style player caught an infectious disease that was traced back to NIWL DNA the same posters would be arguing the opposite. lol

So behaving irresponsible and selfish is the right call. We were 12 goals down, he was hit near the head and with all the concussion protocols it's possible a runner or teammate told him to go off. Your point is weak as he did everything responsible and was team oriented as it also allowed another player to come on.
Im not disagreeing with your points.
I just think he was soft and to be honest, probably not selfish enough.
He also had a chance to put his head over the ball the next quarter and shirked the contest. He then proceeded to throw his arms up and carry on like a pork chop. Just get on with it....
His worst enemy is himself and his internal mind games.
I was positive when he first came into the team but he has been on a path of self destruction.
He is a proven goal kicker when he has his mind right. I'd give him 1 more chance then he is gone.

Im not disagreeing with your points.
I just think he was soft and to be honest, probably not selfish enough.
He also had a chance to put his head over the ball the next quarter and shirked the contest. He then proceeded to throw his arms up and carry on like a pork chop. Just get on with it....
His worst enemy is himself and his internal mind games.
I was positive when he first came into the team but he has been on a path of self destruction.
He is a proven goal kicker when he has his mind right. I'd give him 1 more chance then he is gone.
You're being over critical and can you go to the other 19 passengers on the night and write a detailed critique on their games. You will need at least a week as there were some horrible performers on the night.

this is the noah cumberland thread isnt it?
Well if you're here looking for lame excuses on a player's performance wouldn't it be more sensible to pinpointing the real culprits on the night and looking at every miniscule bit of evidence on how they let the team down. At least be consistent in your behaviour and actions rather than calling him soft after he received a knock on the back of the neck and then scrutinizing every other thing that he did afterwards.

Last edited:
Well if you're here looking for lame excuses on a player's performance wouldn't it be more sensible to pinpointing the real culprits on the night and looking at every miniscule bit of evidence that let the team down. At least be consistent in your behaviour and actions rather than calling him soft after he received a knock in the back of the neck and then scrutinizing every other thing that he did afterwards.
He received a scratch more than a knock.
How many years has he been on the list?
He shouldn't be shirking a contest and throwing his arms up.
He literally offers the team nothing right now.

we could go on all day.
Lets agree that i think he is a dud and a waste of talent and move on.
have a good day.

we could go on all day.
have a good day.
And so have some of his teammates on fatter pay cheques. He’s worked on his game this year and hasn’t been given the opportunities yet and starting as a sub is really the worst place to start. I’m no NIWL lover and I’m not sure where he stands atm, but I’m not going to lower myself and look for low points in his game Saturday night.
There were just too many players down on the night , but according to Yze they were all trying . So that means Cumberland was trying. I think we hold back our judgements on him until he gets a real go at it mate.

Last edited:

we could go on all day.
have a good day.
He didn’t shirk a contest.. he thought Pickett who was in front of him was going but didn’t

Miscommunication, but yeah would’ve been better if both went for it rather than neither

So funny you saying he’s not selfish enough when every Cumbo hater has complained he’s too selfish

He can’t win lol

I actually thought he tried his guts out in probably the hardest spot on the ground especially coming on 12 goals down and 90% of our team flat as a pancake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we could go on all day.
have a good day.

A lot of players have been there years, and still give away 50 or start beef, and carry on! He put his arms up for a second while he was still running. As for the scratch, maybe take another look! This kid is tough I’ve watched plenty of his games to know that!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey captain crunch

It’s seems personal?? However I am assuming you’re a grown man, so taking the piss out of a kid is pretty low

Hello Harry,

Isnt this a Noah Cumberland thread on a football forum where we discuss football players and their performace?
Cant i give my opinion without being taken like i have it in for him haha?
Who's the grown man again?

Hello Harry,

Isnt this a Noah Cumberland thread on a football forum where we discuss football players and their performace?
Cant i give my opinion without being taken like i have it in for him haha?
Who's the grown man again?

Hello captain

Yes this is combos page, yeah I guess your opinions differ from I’m mine, I was at the game and saw the collision trust me it certainly wasn’t a scratch, had a lot of blood coming from the back of his head!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back