Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member - runner up '24 SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact: Currently leads the AFL for both frees for and frees against this year.
Stiff IMO. I reckon he's cut out so much scrappy stuff and has copped some outrageous calls against him in ruck contests.

I thought he'd be backup or 3rd string ruck at the most so after the initial shock of the 4 year extension I did kinda accept that at least we had a ruck locked in with CCJ and Free probably not working out for us.
I thought he'd show improvement just by playing at AFL level but not this much and as quickly. Full credit to him.

Another one I got wrong was Lachie Hansen. Thought he'd be a complete spud.

I thought he'd be backup or 3rd string ruck at the most so after the initial shock of the 4 year extension I did kinda accept that at least we had a ruck locked in with CCJ and Free probably not working out for us.
I thought he'd show improvement just by playing at AFL level but not this much and as quickly. Full credit to him.

Another one I got wrong was Lachie Hansen. Thought he'd be a complete spud.
Don’t mind the 4 years for him, competes really well and runs well given his size

Yeah, what's also weird is how many rucks are high up in both of those stats. Its almost the way rucks are umpired is stupid...

Goldy used to get heaps of our frees in the ruck too. Its almost as if umps pay those frees so they don't have to pay htb and high frees against the teams we play.
I've been whinging about ruck contests for a couple of years...

2 x 110 keg plus men going at it and a dickweed ump calls a block or an over the shoulder or a holding etc Almost always tiggy touchwood crap and usually no one including the rucks know whos free kick it is.

Piss off the nominating and bring back 3rd man up. Ruck contests are boring as **** now.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've been whinging about ruck contests for a couple of years...

2 x 110 keg plus men going at it and a dickweed ump calls a block or an over the shoulder or a holding etc Almost always tiggy touchwood crap and usually no one including the rucks know whos free kick it is.

Piss off the nominating and bring back 3rd man up. Ruck contests are boring as **** now.

i love it when they blow the whistle and the rucks look confused or set up for a free one way and it goes the other.

When the rucks look confused the game should stop for five minutes for a mandatory gambling break where people have to bet on who gets the free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i love it when they blow the whistle and the rucks look confused or set up for a free one way and it goes the other.

When the rucks look confused the game should stop for five minutes for a mandatory gambling break where people have to bet on who gets the free.
Add in an ump signalling the wrong way, and you have a right shitshow lol

Yeah, what's also weird is how many rucks are high up in both of those stats. Its almost the way rucks are umpired is stupid...

Goldy used to get heaps of our frees in the ruck too. It’s almost as if umps pay those frees so they don't have to pay htb and high frees against the teams we play.
Good old ruck lotto, it’s been an absolute luck of the draw contest for years.

11 of the top 18 for average frees per game (min 10 games played) are rucks.

Then 8 of the top 18 for frees against are rucks.

Good old ruck lotto, it’s been an absolute luck of the draw contest for years.

11 of the top 18 for average frees per game (min 10 games played) are rucks.

Then 8 of the top 18 for frees against are rucks.
My fav ones are when they bounce the ball sideways and then call a free because the player stuck under the ball is "blocking" his opponent from the contest.

Leading either of those stats probably just means you're leading the ruck contest attendance stat. Is he?
Probably. He has the most CBAs in the league (not just among rucks) so you'd imagine it was the same around the ground.

What's interesting is the difference in Free For vs Frees Against. Here's the top 10 Frees For for all players, and then just for rucks. X has roughly the same in each category but are heavily skewed one way or the other. Not sure what Dylan Moore's doing right.

all free.JPG

rucks only.JPG

Probably. He has the most CBAs in the league (not just among rucks) so you'd imagine it was the same around the ground.

What's interesting is the difference in Free For vs Frees Against. Here's the top 10 Frees For for all players, and then just for rucks. X has roughly the same in each category but are heavily skewed one way or the other. Not sure what Dylan Moore's doing right.

View attachment 2063761

View attachment 2063762
Surprised by the Big O being so heavily skewed towards FF for a big lump of a bloke who plays physical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member - runner up '24 SBM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back