Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know if you guys know this guy named Fadge on the main board.

But he reckons he’d take GAJ over Dusty in a final the idiot.

He also reckons Pendlebury is better than Dusty. 🤣

Add him to the list of people that suffer from Richmond and Dusty derangement syndrome. There are quite a few on Bigfooty for some reason.
Not the full quid.

which is a blight on the whole thing, unless Dusty doesnt seem to know what he wants to do, he may be torn about the whole situation.
Or maybe he does know what he wants to do and feels as he's retired, he owes the media nothing and therefore doesn't need to respond?

How many pressers as has Dusty done on anything the last 10 years? He doesn't talk full stop. His 300th was a real talk fest from him. Cotchin is his best mate. Pretty sure his word carries some weight. Maybe he's saying nothing, because there's nothing to say. But, we'll know more come October 31st on list lodgements.
just say i'm retiring and it kills all media hype. IT WOULD SQUASH EVERYTHING.

just say i'm retiring and it kills all media hype. IT WOULD SQUASH EVERYTHING.

Well yes TI, I suppose it would, but then he’d have to speak to them and I think he hates them and has vowed to never give them the time of day. So I doubt very much he will say anything especially to the media. And of course that means we are all none the wiser either but so be it.

Well yes TI, I suppose it would, but then he’d have to speak to them and I think he hates them and has vowed to never give them the time of day. So I doubt very much he will say anything especially to the media. And of course that means we are all none the wiser either but so be it.

Agree Dusty hates the media,so why would he put himself and others through all the all this crap.He will not talk to media only a chat to Jack after the game not for his 300th not for his retirement.Afl seem to want to keep boosting a dead weight around their necks in GC,Gary Ablett could not do it,Dimma struggling,so then bring in Dusty who hates the media and already retired.We have moved on new coach,new players coming in and 3 cups,we have some good cubs coming through and more to come. I feel for GC they have some good players there highlight them put them in the spotlight Dan Rioli or Dusty not the answer,good for us with great picks for Dan tho.

Last edited:
How many pressers as has Dusty done on anything the last 10 years? He doesn't talk full stop. His 300th was a real talk fest from him. Cotchin is his best mate. Pretty sure his word carries some weight. Maybe he's saying nothing, because there's nothing to say. But, we'll know more come October 31st on list lodgements.
Shouldn't we know by Oct 11th, which is the deadline for free agents? Dusty is an UFA.

He and Carr have joint business interests and I'm pretty sure he'd still be his manager.

Dusty could squash the talk in a second, a one-line press release by his manager (even social media post) would do the trick. If there was nothing in it that would be the right thing to do since Dusty loves the RFC and its fans. Being that this hasn't happened something must be going on with the GC and we can only speculate as to Dusty's intentions, level of investment, did he know before he retired etc.

It's a very strange situation. I know some people who are more bent out of shape by the prospect of Dusty's "betrayal" than Bolton, D.Rioli and Baker jumping ship lol.

He and Carr have joint business interests and I'm pretty sure he'd still be his manager.

Dusty could squash the talk in a second, a one-line press release by his manager (even social media post) would do the trick. If there was nothing in it that would be the right thing to do since Dusty loves the RFC and its fans. Being that this hasn't happened something must be going on with the GC and we can only speculate as to Dusty's intentions, level of investment, did he know before he retired etc.

It's a very strange situation. I know some people who are more bent out of shape by the prospect of Dusty's "betrayal" than Bolton, D.Rioli and Baker jumping ship lol.

It’s because those 3 aren’t GOAT Richmond players.

I'm over it FS as he's not a 6yo that just failed Preps. Sick of blokes who refuse to change and carry on like some protected species. Just be honest with the fans that paid his wages for 15 seasons.

Last edited:
can anyone confirm that Ralph Carr is still his manager, if you're not playing why need a manager?....unless it's to look after Dusty's business interests or potential new ventures.
Nobody knows anything mate as we are like mushrooms when it comes to Carr and Dusty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that Dustin reached out to the Gold Coast as reported, and it's Gold Coast that would rather he didn't after his very poor season.

You heard Hardwick question whether Dustin is motivated, which you would say he is if you believe he reached out to them. But when the Gold Coast seen the way Rioli played this season in a team riddled with injury they can't question his motivation.

What if Gold Coast get some injuries to key players next season and look like they wont make the 8, does Dustin stay motivated, we know Rioli will?

So what I think is happening is that Hardwick is trying to come up with a way to try make sure it doesn't happen without offending Dustin by telling him he's cooked.

Dusty retired. It is not his job to remind everybody of that daily.
But if you believe Dustin reached out to Gold Coast like I do, then that means he wants to come out of retirement.

Obviously Dustin wont openly say he wants to come out of retirement in case Gold Coast (who are open to him coming in) don't want him in the end because it doesn't work for them.

But if you believe Dustin reached out to Gold Coast like I do, then that means he wants to come out of retirement.

Obviously Dustin wont openly say he wants to come out of retirement in case Gold Coast (who are open to him coming in) don't want him in the end because it doesn't work for them.

None of it is of any real importance to Richmond.

All Dusty needs to do is what he thinks is in his own best interests, without answering to anybody.

Following the media output like a soap opera is fruitless.

All Dusty needs to do is what he thinks is in his own best interests, without answering to anybody.

Following the media output like a soap opera is fruitless.

It does annoy me that he can just come out and flat out say it isn’t happening and it would all go away.

Is he really that spiteful on the media he wouldn’t even do that for us. Seems like a baby if true.

It does annoy me that he can just come out and flat out say it isn’t happening and it would all go away.

Is he really that spiteful on the media he wouldn’t even do that for us. Seems like a baby if true.

The last thing said on his behalf about the matter is he is retired. I am sure he will update that if there is a change.

If he thinks he has something to offer Gold Coast I'd love to hear after this pathetic season what that thinking is based on?
That's because he's not a Richmond player now, but when he was this season (as in '22) he had the club's best interests to consider also.

In my opinion it's a poor way to leave a club, unmotivated while collecting your pay, and then believing you have something to offer a another club.

I have been pretty strong in my opinion that he wont be at the GC, now after discussions with 2 suns players I know reasonably well, I dont believe he will be playing in 2025 based on their opinions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back