Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

If he thinks he has something to offer Gold Coast I'd love to hear after this pathetic season what that thinking is based on?

That's because he's not a Richmond player now, but when he was this season (as in '22) he had the club's best interests to consider also.

In my opinion it's a poor way to leave a club, unmotivated while collecting your pay, and then believing you have something to offer a another club.

Jesus, you are talking about a person who hand delivered 3 flags for you to revel in. Like, the highest thing you can achieve in the game, 3 times over. He wasn't the major cause of the club's annus horribilis in 2024. He hasn't bashed someone's grandmother on his way out the door.

The last thing said on his behalf is he is retired. He needs to do and say no more unless and until there is a change. And he certainly doesn't need to explain himself. He let his footy do the talking and when it mattered most he sent us every message he ever needed to send.

Grand Final eve and I always remember Dustin Martin's performances in three Grand Finals in which he won 3 Norm Smith medals - the only player so far to win 3 of them:

2017 vs Adelaide (MCG)
Possessions: 29
Contested Possessions: 22
Disposal Efficiency: 83.0%
Shots on Goal: 4
Goals: 2
Behinds: 2
No Score: 0
Goal Accuracy: 50.0%
Tackles: 1
Goal Assists: 2
Score Involvements: 9

2019 vs GWS (MCG)
Possessions: 22
Contested Possessions: 12
Disposal Efficiency: 86.0%
Shots on Goal: 5
Goals: 4
Behinds: 0
No Score: 1
Goal Accuracy: 80.0%
Score Involvements:

2020 vs Geelong (Gabba)
Possessions: 21
Contested Possessions: 10
Disposal Efficiency: 67.0%
Tackles: 3
Goal Assists: 1

Total (average)
Possessions: 72 (24.0)
Contested Possessions: 44 (14.6)
Disposal Efficiency: 79.0%
Shots on Goal: 14 (4.6)
Goals: 10 (3.3)
Behinds: 2 (0.6)
No Score: 2 (0.6)
Goal Accuracy: 71.4%
Tackles: 5 (1.6)
Goal Assists: 5 (1.6)
Score Involvements: 26 (8.6)

#Number4 #3NormSmithMedals
#RichmondLegend #BigStage #Dusty

Last edited:
Grand Final eve and I always remember Dustin Martin's performances in three Grand Finals in which he won 3 Norm Smith medals - the only player so far to win 3 of them:

2017 vs Adelaide (MCG)
Possessions: 29
Contested Possessions: 22
Disposal Efficiency: 83.0%
Shots on Goal: 4
Goals: 2
Behinds: 2
No Score: 0
Goal Accuracy: 50.0%

2019 vs GWS (MCG)
Possessions: 22
Contested Possessions: 12
Disposal Efficiency: 86.0%
Score Involvements:

2020 vs Geelong (Gabba)
Possessions: 21
Contested Possessions: 10
Disposal Efficiency: 67.0%
Tackles: 3
Goal Assists: 1

Total (average)
Possessions: 72 (24.0)
Contested Possessions: 44 (14.6)
Disposal Efficiency: 79.0%
Shots on Goal: 14 (4.6)
Goals: 10 (3.3)
Behinds: 2 (0.6)
No Score: 2 (0.6)
Goal Accuracy: 71.4%
Tackles: 5 (1.6)
Goal Assists: 5 (1.6)
Score Involvements: 26 (8.6)

#Number4 #3NormSmithMedals
#RichmondLegend #BigStage #dusty

Forever etched in history.
Think I’ll sit down tonight and watch some Dusty magic, from the 3 finals series. Heady days!!

For a good laugh, check out the Suns "Dusty" thread on their board.

My fav BF post of all time is suggesting we will play in front of less fans than them over the next 5 years 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Jesus, you are talking about a person who hand delivered 3 flags for you to revel in. Like, the highest thing you can achieve in the game, 3 times over. He wasn't the major cause of the club's annus horribilis in 2024. He hasn't bashed someone's grandmother on his way out the door.

The last thing said on his behalf is he is retired. He needs to do and say no more unless and until there is a change. And he certainly doesn't need to explain himself. He let his footy do the talking and when it mattered most he sent us every message he ever needed to send.
All over dramatization and irrelevant to the discussion at hand and laced with some hyberbole. The other two non bolded sentences are your opinion and bordering on gullible logic.

Last edited:
Jesus, you are talking about a person who hand delivered 3 flags for you to revel in.
The club delivered 3 flags.
He wasn't the major cause of the club's annus horribilis in 2024.
Didn't say he was, what I did say was that he wasn't as motivated to play good football for the club like Daniel Rioli was.
The last thing said on his behalf is he is retired.
And Hardwick said they're open to him coming in, which he wouldn't say if he knows Dustin is retired, which you'd imagine he would know if they're still close.
He needs to do and say no more unless and until there is a change.
I agree that's the smart way to go about it, you wouldn't come out publicly and say you want to come out of retirement even if that is the case.
And he certainly doesn't need to explain himself.
Imagine trying to explain coming out of retirement after the season he had.

I have been pretty strong in my opinion that he wont be at the GC, now after discussions with 2 suns players I know reasonably well, I dont believe he will be playing in 2025 based on their opinions.

Not that I don’t believe you but how would players know?

If Dusty hasn't signed and submitted the Form 40 retirement form then he isn't officially retired. AFL website says he's retired so it's a possibility he has and we will see him next to Grimes in the vehicle parade tomorrow . If not then it will be another can of worms opened.

If Dusty hasn't signed and submitted the Form 40 retirement form then he isn't officially retired. AFL website says he's retired so it's a possibility he has and we will see him next to Grimes in the vehicle parade tomorrow . If not then it will be another can of worms opened.

Isn’t it already confirmed he declined it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a good laugh, check out the Suns "Dusty" thread on their board.

My fav BF post of all time is suggesting we will play in front of less fans than them over the next 5 years 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
pepsi GIF

Then he’s not retired. That’s the point of everything atm and posters on here are adamant he’s retired. If he’s in the motor parade tomorrow then he signed after he declined it.

Buddy declined when he retired.

So what’s the point of the form then? So the motor parade as I said earlier will reveal everything. 😝

I’m just saying, if he’s not there tomorrow, it doesn’t mean he hasn’t retired

The greatest.
Loved Richo too, but Dusty gave as so much success , without him we’d probably be reminiscing with “what ifs “ .
Without the great man Dusty would've played elsewhere.

Thats the thing, he never has cleared the AIR has he ? This is not a dig to dusty BTW, just an observation.
Correct, he doesn’t do media full stop. Ever.

Correct, he doesn’t do media full stop. Ever.
Funny thing is through he didn't to a club retirement video on his exit on the Richmond page like 99% do. Yet his milestone game and lap of honour last game of the year he did both for Fox Footy bit odd isn't it or more about $$$$. He aren't immune to criticism let's call it as it as.

Last edited:
The club delivered 3 flags.

Didn't say he was, what I did say was that he wasn't as motivated to play good football for the club like Daniel Rioli was.

And Hardwick said they're open to him coming in, which he wouldn't say if he knows Dustin is retired, which you'd imagine he would know if they're still close.

I agree that's the smart way to go about it, you wouldn't come out publicly and say you want to come out of retirement even if that is the case.

Imagine trying to explain coming out of retirement after the season he had.
Great posts T10, could not agree more.

Dusty reached out, GC have pretty much gone 'meh, maybe', and the media have gone 'goodie'

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back