Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant for one year would've been better.
Moving clubs seems to require more years in the contact. Like Kosi's 3 years. Chol 5
At that point the list mangers had one gamer, Miller as backup for Astbury, who'd quit. (Yet Houli wanted to play on.) Retiring senior players is tricky. As elite athletes they may really want to go on.

Cotch & Jack R were about right. I do like the idea of 300 games at a club.

They drafted Gibcus bring in Tarrant, who played well. That year with Tarrant, Balta & Gibcus Grimes played exclusively on smalls. Broad intercepted more.
Rioli moved back.

Grimes drop off was from 21 to 22. Sad to see him go.

The right move would have been sticking with Houli. At the time, i was against Tarrant and agreed Houli should not be re-signed. In hindsight though, I think passing on Tarrant & giving Houli the 1 more year he wanted was the right move. The club needed someone like him around longer. He might be the most under-appreciated person in our whole dynasty era. I think in regards to setting standards of respect & humility, Bachar was above all, including Rance. Alex to me has a sniff of "snake charmer" about him. Like a self appointed Reverend

The right move would have been sticking with Houli. At the time, i was against Tarrant and agreed Houli should not be re-signed. In hindsight though, I think passing on Tarrant & giving Houli the 1 more year he wanted was the right move. The club needed someone like him around longer. He might be the most under-appreciated person in our whole dynasty era. I think in regards to setting standards of respect & humility, Bachar was above all, including Rance. Alex to me has a sniff of "snake charmer" about him. Like a self appointed Reverend

Lol, the last time we played well enough to be any sort of threat was when Tarrant was settled in our team and paying well. Once he came back into the team in rd 10 he played in 8 wins a draw and 5 losses. The thing is, 3 of the losses were by a kick against teams who finished the finals in the top 4, every one of those involving controversial rulings against Richmond that basically lost us the game. The only other losses were also by a kick and involved shocking errors by our forwards that cost us those games. His last 14 games we could have just as easily gone 12-2 or better, with wins over the premier and 2 other top 4 teams. Without Dusty making any meaningful contribution.

Recruiting Tarrant for peanuts could have as easily been a flag winning move if a couple of things worked out slightly different. Stupid train of thought by you RJK. A wtf train of thought really, Tarrant was excellent for us and was a risk well and truly worth taking.

From the papers...

The 33-year old is in a moon boot after suffering the setback during Thursday night’s 10-point loss to Gold Coast at Marvel Stadium.

It likely rules out Houli for the remainder of the season and raises concerns around his future in the game.

Stick with Houli?

yeah nah

I have no problem with the club calling the day on his career at punt road.

End of the day he didn't go to a 3rd club so the right call by the club.

Thanks for your service Dusty, now go enjoy retirement.

He's a deadset liability most of the time now.
There's plenty worse than him right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw on the news the salary of all the Chancellors of the Universities are well above $1,000,000... up to $1,600,000!!!! Peggie should buy Dusty a Bentley or a Lambo, without him she'd be chasing ambulances still. Not a bad side hustle.

I honestly believe that we aren't utilising Dusty well. Last year he was basically an All Australian player, and this year he has rarely had any impact at all. I don't believe that Dusty has dropped off that much. I just think that the team performing poorly and how Yze has used Dusty this year is to blame.

I honestly believe that we aren't utilising Dusty well. Last year he was basically an All Australian player, and this year he has rarely had any impact at all. I don't believe that Dusty has dropped off that much. I just think that the team performing poorly and how Yze has used Dusty this year is to blame.
Nah his body is cooked.

His power was what made him good. He’s lost it and I think it’s better he retired. You don’t want him to look like Ali when he was getting clobbered late in his career.

A punter called 3aw after game , sounded like he knew what he was talking about reckons gonna be announced GWS wil be Dusty’s last game . Wouldnt surprise me and might be a good idea ,
Lmao
Another 90k crowd with GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back