Past #40: Thomas Murphy - delisted after 8 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Murph

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget? Says the poster with a memory of a Goldfish. You are conveniently leaving out the fact that you told me we should've got more for that deal and that's what I am on record as saying.

I ummed and ahhed a lot, but in the end I came to the conclusion we should let him go. Initially I thought we could have got more, but I now see that in getting Wardlaw, especially paired with Sheezel, it was a masterstroke.

Smart people change their minds as new information comes to hand, they don't just nail their dicks to one idea and then have to defend it forever.

We did not maximise the return we got for JHF. And I would've been prepared to keep JHF under contract if Port didn't come to the party.

So you would have forgone Wardlaw, but you bag Rawlings, mate, come on.

You see we traded JHF a little too early in the trade period. Should've held off until the last minute and watch Port buckle.

But we wouldn't have been able to keep the other clubs in the party and wouldn't have got Wardlaw as a result, poor strategy.

They had already offered him big dollars. They were very keen. But negotiations aren't your strong suit.

They're not yours either.

Just like old mate Rawling. :stern look

He smashed the JHF deal, and that's a fact jack.

Seeing as I am not addicted to the "infidel's potion" there is no need to get off it in the first place. Anyway are you speaking from experience when it comes to the wacky tobacky? So I gather you take it for medicinal purposes? Is that right? If so I am sorry to hear that you have issues. :stern look

You can always tell a post's value by who likes it.

Yes, I take weed for medicinal purposes, as humanity has done from the dawn of time.

Maybe you don't think you're addicted to booze, but your posting at certain times tells s different story.

Still, neither of us have cooked our brane taking speed every day on the back of a bullshit ADHD "diagnosis"

Last edited:
I ummed and ahhed a lot, but in the end I came to the conclusion we should let him go. Initially I thought we could have got more, but I now see that in getting Wardlaw, especially paired with Sheezel, it was a masterstroke.
Yes you do a fair bit of that. Umm and Ahh. There is no doubt that Wardlaw looks the goods but that doesn't mean we should've got more for trading JHF. :stern look

Smart people change their minds as new information comes to hand, they don't just nail their dicks to one idea and then have to defend it forever.
Smart people make the right choices. That's it. :stern look

So you would have forgone Wardlaw, but you bag Rawlings, mate, come on.
I would've got more for the deal made for JHF. Period. :stern look

But we wouldn't have been able to keep the other clubs in the party and wouldn't have got Wardlaw as a result, poor strategy.
Making shit up. I know that's the way you roll. How do you know this? The answer is you don't. :stern look

They're not yours either.
At least at admission that negotiations aren't your strong suit. Congratulations for being honest with yourself on this occasion. :stern look
He smashed the JHF deal, and that's a fact jack.
No he didn't. Goad is lightyears away. In essence he traded JHF for Wardlaw and thank **** it looks as if Wardlaw has overcome his hamstring issues because we all remember what they can do to a player. Just ask Garner. :stern look

You can always tell a post's value by who likes it.

Yes, I take weed for medicinal purposes, as humanity has done from the dawn of time.

Maybe you don't think you're addicted to booze, but your posting at certain times tells s different story.

Still, neither of us have cooked our brane taking speed every day on the back of a bullshit ADHD "diagnosis"
You can't tell shit Mr lets give him to the bye next year. :stern look

Yes you do a fair bit of that. Umm and Ahh. There is no doubt that Wardlaw looks the goods but that doesn't mean we should've got more for trading JHF. :stern look

What Port offered was unders, but Rawlings did some brilliant work to leverage that into an amazing return that got us Wardlaw.

Also, JHF walked out, it isn't like we wanted to trade him lol. Booze has rotted your brane?

Smart people make the right choices. That's it. :stern look

LOL, children's thinking.

I would've got more for the deal made for JHF. Period. :stern look

Indeed.

Making shit up. I know that's the way you roll. How do you know this? The answer is you don't. :stern look

No, I do, because we had to go to the AFL over the weekend to get permission and tie it off quickly.

As serial liker of your posts Chadwiko likes to post in his trademark cringey fashion ... WOMP WOMP.

At least at admission that negotiations aren't your strong suit. Congratulations for being honest with yourself on this occasion. :stern look

Rightio lol

No he didn't. Goad is lightyears away. In essence he traded JHF for Wardlaw and thank **** it looks as if Wardlaw has overcome his hamstring issues because we all remember what they can do to a player. Just ask Garner. :stern look

Not "in essence" ... Goad is on our list and was a 1st round pick. Stop making things up to suit your rapidly collapsing "argument".

Last edited:
You can't tell shit Mr lets give him to the bye next year. :stern look

Its so funny how you keep going back to that.

I was wrong, meh, I can own it.

Yet you can't own being wrong about stuff like the JHF trade and whether Will Phillips should have been subbed lol.

Its because I'm a better and more mature person who doesn't need to drown his sorrows in endless bottles of misery juice : stern look

Murph's face and career always made me think of that expression, "nice guys finish last". Same with poor old Tom Curran. 'Course, our raining BnF proves the exception.

LOL. These posts of yours have aged well Warlords after watching you neck 3 pints of the “Misery Juice” last night. Oh the hypocrisy. :stern look

I’ll get back to the nonsensical comments you posted above in due course. :stern look

I've heard from a couple of ex north players and a few people in the industry that our exit process during the final scott years and the shaw/noble years was nothing short of deplorable. Thankfully it has improved a lot since that period.
Not wrong. I'm breathing much easier now. I feel like I'm living in a hyperbaric chamber.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #40: Thomas Murphy - delisted after 8 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Murph

Remove this Banner Ad

Back