Delisted #41: Danny Chartres

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 41. Danny Chartres

Been good

Agreed.

He has been played out of position in the reserves due to our lack of ruckman and he tries his guts out.

I have not seen a lot of him but what i have seen of him so far has been very impressive.

Hopefuly he will be promoted to the senior list next year.

Agreed.

He has been played out of position in the reserves due to our lack of ruckman and he tries his guts out.

I have not seen a lot of him but what i have seen of him so far has been very impressive.

Hopefuly he will be promoted to the senior list next year.

Has been good but will need another year on the rookie list. Still has a few things that he needs to work on in defence and until they are sorted he isnt ready for seniors. Hopefully he can get back to playing as a defender at some stage. He has struggled against the very big bodied forwards one on one but his run from defence has been very good and he knows how to get to a contest and has a good spoil. Has a great left foot kick but he needs to make better decisions at times as he can hit the opposition at times.
He will never be a ruckman in the AFL but he has tried his heart out in the ruck for Bendigo this year as we have been very undermaned in that area.

Anyone think he has much chance of a promotion? I saw a few BB games on ABC and he was very impressive - beautiful left foot kick and good in close with his hands. If he can take a decent mark (which im not sure of) then he could make a pretty decent key forward

Just like Kepler Bradley but with less skill, co-ordination, awareness and talent.
more skill, a lot better co-ordination, awareness and bucket loads of talent+ heaps better work ethic

big fan of him, could be our future FB after Fletcher/Michael. promotion

This has got to be a joke. The guy has plenty of heart, and does try his guts out, but quite simply, he is not cut for AFL level. Has been serviceable to Bendigo but I can't see him getting another year to apply his trade.

This has got to be a joke. The guy has plenty of heart, and does try his guts out, but quite simply, he is not cut for AFL level. Has been serviceable to Bendigo but I can't see him getting another year to apply his trade.

pretty much exactly what i was going to right. he is a lot like bradley in my books. and imo will never make it at AFL level

Agreed, works hard on the training track as well. Note sure if he will be given another shot on the rookie list next year.
With the amount of outs we have had now, i think he would at least of been promoted if Knights was considering him for next year.
I like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised to see him get delisted.

Any chance of him getting re-rookie listed at Essendon or picked up elsewhere?

If not, you'd expect him to return west to Peel Thunder...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back