AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
The Swans trade up in the draft to nab Brisbane Academy Player Patrick Snell

1700563178342.png

Height: 194cm Weight: 86kg
D.O.B: 18-07-2005

A developable key position utility out of the Lions Academy, Patrick Snell went from being a forward to a defender this season. It paid dividends, with the 194cm and 86kg tall earning a State Draft Combine invite off the back of some important moments. Though not always consistent, his willingness to provide an aerial contest really stood out, and then when the ball got to ground, Snell would follow up nimbly.

His upside is evident, and along with his versatility, means clubs will look at him as a project player up either end.

Last edited:

The Swans trade up in the draft to nab Brisbane Academy Player Patrick Snell

View attachment 1858175

Height: 194cm Weight: 86kg
D.O.B: 18-07-2005

A developable key position utility out of the Lions Academy, Patrick Snell went from being a forward to a defender this season. It paid dividends, with the 194cm and 86kg tall earning a State Draft Combine invite off the back of some important moments. Though not always consistent, his willingness to provide an aerial contest really stood out, and then when the ball got to ground, Snell would follow up nimbly.

His upside is evident, and along with his versatility, means clubs will look at him as a project player up either end.

Isn't that a picture of Zane Duursma?

Lol. This looks like the Lions player that walked out in front of me while he was crossing the road from the carpark to Brighton homes arena on the weekend. Lucky I didn't hit him!!!

Anyway, welcome to the Swans!

His two kicks back to back from 1.02 for a key defender are reasons alone to pick him. But you can see him earlier in the clip hit up a forward and when he took a mark go back and go through his progression of who is open. I love the pick.
Yes. exactly. When I was doing my research for the phantom draft had a good look at some of the videos. I really do like the look of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

welcome

always interesting to see people excited by highlights in these threads , was looking at Zac Foots earlier people were stoked .

Hope Snell goes well , makes sense for our needs
To be fair I reckon Foot easily would've gotten another contract end of 2020 if not for the COVID list cuts. Who knows what could've followed. Same for Brady Rowles.

#JusticeForBradyRowles

To be fair I reckon Foot easily would've gotten another contract end of 2020 if not for the COVID list cuts. Who knows what could've followed. Same for Brady Rowles.

#JusticeForBradyRowles

You just never know, sometimes it's also getting to the right club right time.

You just never know, sometimes it's also getting to the right club right time.
I think the same with some early picks sometimes.

When people talk about say Jack Watts as a bust for example. Was he a bust or was he just the kind of kid who needed to develop at a strong club. There are plenty of those types but we probably don't even know it as they've been lucky to avoid having to find out.

His two kicks back to back from 1.02 for a key defender are reasons alone to pick him. But you can see him earlier in the clip hit up a forward and when he took a mark go back and go through his progression of who is open. I love the pick.
Progression? I didnt know he played QB? lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #41 Patrick Snell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back