Autopsy 42 point win(wut) vs Adelaide (Joel kicks 9 OMG!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I go on with a lot of shit, in general, because **** the internet.

I also have been absolutely justified in criticism of Heeney in past seasons.

But my God. What a player.

And this team ..... it is a beast. It is a living organism of win.

Logan will sign. Warner will (pull his head in) and sign.

Adams is amazing.

Grundy, well Gawn is good, but Grundy > Gawn. Sorry, it is just that.

Imagine playing in the backline of this team. You would be giggling. Just sitting back, pina colada in the hand, having a chat, organising the nights out and playing cards.

I have never seen a team dominate like this. The baby bombers maybe.

And seriously Logan slotted like goal at the end like a boss.

Rowie just carries the load, Jordon is such a pro - wtf were the Dees thinking letting him go.

Such a joy watching this.

Heeney will win the Brownlow in a canter. He is dominate. A true beast. Amazing stuff.

And lol, Parker and Mills to come in. Really? Really?

Also **** Adelaide.

We will never lose again. Probably.

best post of the night ... except for that loss of faith at the end there

He is at peak Collingwood level.

i've thought that the past few weeks ... our grundy is pretty much back to collingwood grundy ... and it's still an upwards curve ... that's why i dismiss this media crap about "have the swans peaked?"
we're still improving ... no one in the mainstream football media really wants to contemplate that

I'll be slightly negative , I think Brodie has to be very careful the umps don't start whistling against him more than the random BS they pluck against him already.

He was really starting close to his opposition ruck at centre bounces and I think he is smart , but I can also see the AFL starting to call blocks against him.

Who do you replace him with?

it's a ridiculous obsession among a handful of posters ... just don't change this team unless absolutely necessary (eg, injury or the return of mills, which i concede is the one player who definitely comes back in)
one of the reasons we continue to defy critics and bad starts is the cohesion and spirit continuity brings
these guys are friggin thriving just sticking together, playing together ... i'm sure that's why they know they're in every game, no matter the situation
mcdonald contributed, and even campbell, who some have written off, had his moment ... i think it was third quarter, he pretty much pursued three crows, somehow seemed to corner them all near the boundary line and eventually forced a turnover
the point being, every player steps up when needed, even if they're not having a great night ... that is a great sign of genuine team spirit

i was out and did not see last night's game, was monitoring scores but at 60-44 down i really thought, yep, we're blowing this one, gave away a start, pulled it back but couldn't go on with it ... then my son texted me, and i saw we were 81-60 up!
we seem to be able to win our bad games with even just one 10-minute burst, it seems we really are that good

Yep don't change a thing Chad. Players like him and Papley just being so much energy and confidence to the team

exactly! those mercurial types of players need to be free to just do what they do ... it's why you wouldn't try to curb blakey taking off from defence ...
good luck to opposition coaches trying to stop them

On Nicks, just a guy stuck defending himself against the feral SA media, I cut him so
some slack.

SA media are absolutely ruthless look at the list he has to work with they have Laird in the middle and what else.

No coach will be getting better results

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't stop looking at the ladder. As Swans supporters we're always waiting for the other shoe to drop but, so far, every win has felt special in a different way. You just have to sit back and enjoy it because this sort of thing happens so rarely.

We must win the flag if only so I can purchase the 8K Bluray season boxset and enjoy all these games over and over again. I'd even chuck on the Tigers game and have a chuckle.

I'll be slightly negative , I think Brodie has to be very careful the umps don't start whistling against him more than the random BS they pluck against him already.

He was really starting close to his opposition ruck at centre bounces and I think he is smart , but I can also see the AFL starting to call blocks against him.
He's smart enough to adjust. He faced the same issue with infringements early in the season.

I think teams also now go we are playing the best side and come out fired up and red hot against us, especially dogs, cats, crows lately.

We then absorb and outrun them
This is absolutely correct. They know that to beat us they must apply extraordinary pressure for 4 quarters. It seems that teams can do it for 2 and a half quarters but are then exhausted from the effort. This is when we put the pedal down.
After seeing it last week, I specifically watched for it this week and it happened at the same time of the match.

He plays right on the limit its why he gives away so many frees.

Ruck frees are so ridiculously random anyways most of the time both rucks look at the umpire.

Also **** Adelaide.
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Oddly posters bag out McDonald but it was Amartey who didn’t even have a possession in the first quarter. They both ended up with 10 possessions but Amartey’s goals and 3 contested marks were a career highlight.

Hopefully McDonald has his day out as teams place more attention on Amartey.

McDonald still played his part especially after half time when we got the game on our turn.

mcdonald plays on quickly from a free kick in midfield because you can see he has looked downfield and seen amartey one on one in the forward 50, then finds him with a perfect long kick
that's an example of the vision and game smarts he has ... and that's just one example; he's been doing stuff like that all season, kicks and handballs
critics who don't see that in his game are choosing not to

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 42 point win(wut) vs Adelaide (Joel kicks 9 OMG!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back