Autopsy 42 point win(wut) vs Adelaide (Joel kicks 9 OMG!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I go on with a lot of shit, in general, because **** the internet.

I also have been absolutely justified in criticism of Heeney in past seasons.

But my God. What a player.

And this team ..... it is a beast. It is a living organism of win.

Logan will sign. Warner will (pull his head in) and sign.

Adams is amazing.

Grundy, well Gawn is good, but Grundy > Gawn. Sorry, it is just that.

Imagine playing in the backline of this team. You would be giggling. Just sitting back, pina colada in the hand, having a chat, organising the nights out and playing cards.

I have never seen a team dominate like this. The baby bombers maybe.

And seriously Logan slotted like goal at the end like a boss.

Rowie just carries the load, Jordon is such a pro - wtf were the Dees thinking letting him go.

Such a joy watching this.

Heeney will win the Brownlow in a canter. He is dominate. A true beast. Amazing stuff.

And lol, Parker and Mills to come in. Really? Really?

Also **** Adelaide.

We will never lose again. Probably.
Keep a lid on it,a long way to go.

Tactical. Forced McDonald into being the 2nd ruckman and up the ground more

Either tactical or lack of impact.

Didn’t seem injured.

Interesting. I don't mind seeing McDonald in the pinch hitting ruck role, I like him further up the ground. We have the luxury of exploring this option later in the season.

Thanks, not the week to be getting Sydney threads in my feed :eekv1:

It’s hard to tell if it is a lack of confidence hurting his natural instinct, or his lack of game sense and footy iq hurting his confidence.

I did notice though he did some terrific handballs last night. Maybe he is an inside mid who can kick really well, and is not a natural half back. I’d support a run in the reserves to trial this, as his current role is not working out.
It is definitely not a lack of footy IQ or game sense imho. He wasn't rated as highly as he was at the draft for nothing.

I think your second comment hits the nail on the head though. He played a large majority of his junior footy as a forward/midfielder. Like Mills, been asked to acclimatise at AFL level in a role he is not necessarily used to.

Still think it will all click at some point and he will be a star - just not quite sure when/where that will be yet.

Joel gets 10 coaches votes

Adelaide v Sydney​

10 Joel Amartey (SYD)
8 Brodie Grundy (SYD)
5 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
5 Errol Gulden (SYD)
2 James Rowbottom (SYD)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is definitely not a lack of footy IQ or game sense imho. He wasn't rated as highly as he was at the draft for nothing.

I think your second comment hits the nail on the head though. He played a large majority of his junior footy as a forward/midfielder. Like Mills, been asked to acclimatise at AFL level in a role he is not necessarily used to.

Still think it will all click at some point and he will be a star - just not quite sure when/where that will be yet.
Hope you are right. Some players also just take longer. Dawson was also a prodigious kick who needed a few years for everything to click.

Someone pointed out that this is this first time we've had someone kick 5 goals this year. Shows how good our spread has been
Surprised that one or more of the media talking heads haven't said Sydney are too focused on Amartey for goal scoring. ;)

Swans Mark of the week
Amartey
Wicksy > Amartey

Two big grabs in the second quarter lead to Joel's first of nine goals on Saturday night!

Swans Goal of the Week
The pressure from McInerney, tackle from Adams, kick from Logan, and the effort from Amartey 🔥

It was a huge moment in the context of the game.
Amartey

I think Roberts and Fox come into the 23 and Campbell out
The only two I see who can make way for Parker and Mills are Roberts and Campbell from the existing 23. This is based on the assumption we were to have no injuries which is highly unlikely but if everyone was available that's how I'd go. Roberts and Fox would be very unlucky to miss but someone has to.

The only two I see who can make way for Parker and Mills are Roberts and Campbell from the existing 23. This is based on the assumption we were to have no injuries which is highly unlikely but if everyone was available that's how I'd go. Roberts and Fox would be very unlucky to miss but someone has to.

Fox can play both ends he is a good sub and Mills will start .

Roberts and Campbell out and emergencies that's my guess.

just cant find a way parker gets in hey. for mine, it's only Adams, and right now he and Grundy are really starting to click. Wouldn't really make sense to drop one of Roberts or Campbell for Parker when they aren't a like for like.

For mine
Campbell out - Fox in this week
Roberts out - Mills in next week

Interesting analysis about our centre clearance domination, to me I assumed most of it was down to Grundy dominating a very inexperienced ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 42 point win(wut) vs Adelaide (Joel kicks 9 OMG!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back