Senior 43. Ashton Moir

Remove this Banner Ad

It's amusing that Moir's stats read as 3 possessions and 4 disposals as he didn't actually possess the one he got the goal from.

I can't get my head around that. I thought they meant the same thing and that the ball would be considered 'possessed' by his foot.

It showed on his heat map. 3 spots for his possessions, but one not showing in the goal square.

I suspect if we counted those spots, we'd see more possessions than disposals for players that are caught with the ball.

They have a stat for first possession from a stoppage, which doesn't translate to disposal as well.

It showed on his heat map. 3 spots for his possessions, but one not showing in the goal square.

I suspect if we counted those spots, we'd see more possessions than disposals for players that are caught with the ball.

They have a stat for first possession from a stoppage, which doesn't translate to disposal as well.
I think you can have a contested possession that is not a disposal too. I.e when you take the ball from stoppage and get immediately tackled. I remember reading the stats pages in the paper as a kid and being confused why the contested possession and uncontested possession columns didn't add up to the player's disposals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you can have a contested possession that is not a disposal too. I.e when you take the ball from stoppage and get immediately tackled. I remember reading the stats pages in the paper as a kid and being confused why the contested possession and uncontested possession columns didn't add up to the player's disposals.

It would also be a possession and not a disposal if you mark the ball or receive the ball just before the siren goes as well

It would also be a possession and not a disposal if you mark the ball or receive the ball just before the siren goes as well

You can still kick the ball after the siren to pad those stats. I like to look at who kicks the ball back to the umpire or who just throws it. Although maybe that applies to being within scoring distance, thus someone attempts a torpedo from 90m.

You can still kick the ball after the siren to pad those stats. I like to look at who kicks the ball back to the umpire or who just throws it. Although maybe that applies to being within scoring distance, thus someone attempts a torpedo from 90m.
As a fantasy football player this is always a question for me, I don't know if Champion Data has a policy on whether a kick has to be a genuine attempt for goal for it to qualify as a stat, i've always suspected that it does.

As a fantasy football player this is always a question for me, I don't know if Champion Data has a policy on whether a kick has to be a genuine attempt for goal for it to qualify as a stat, i've always suspected that it does.

I think Hoyne got asked this on SEN once, his answer was that for it to be a disposal, it has to be something that could conceiving affect the outcome of the game. Kicking it back to the umpire after the siren won't give you a stat. Torp-ing it from 70 will though even if it falls well short

I was always under the impression that a soccer off the ground only counted if it scored either a goal or a behind or went out on the full (clanger).

Then I see them giving Daicos disposals for his pissweak soccer's out of congestion as clearances.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was always under the impression that a soccer off the ground only counted if it scored either a goal or a behind or went out on the full (clanger).

Then I see them giving Daicos disposals for his pissweak soccer's out of congestion as clearances.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know the distinction for this one, it's if it was an 'intentional' kick or not. I.e an accidental kick of the ground or a ball bouncing off a players foot is not a disposal, but if they intentionally try to kick it, it is a disposal.

Just popped onto the AFL website to see how Ashton went in the round 23 goal of the year voting. He made a brilliant sub debut perfect by winning the round 23 nomination.

Congrats Ash. That should be the goal of the year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Senior 43. Ashton Moir

Remove this Banner Ad

Back